******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This.
I booked a room only at CBR with gift cards. I thought it would be easier to add fd to a RO rather than complicate it with a package.
In the end I couldn't modify it online and I had to call. I went thru to GS and she was able to make a new reservation as a package and retain our gift cards but that would not have happened online because a new res number was generated, so we would have lost the gcs.
RO reservation numbers are different to package ones.

I don't know if the unique situation of the gcs will come up again, but if you have a reason to want to keep the same res number, and want to modify your res to a package offer, my advice would be to book a package before trying to modify it.
I modified my existing room/ticket package to free dining and kept the same reservation number. I also had to drop a day off the original reservation to get the free dining and it's still the same. When the phone lines calm down, I'll call to verify I'll still be getting the cards.

I noticed I had $40.00 taken out on my Disney Visa card when I made Dining reservation but do not know which one took it

Does anyone know when the splash refurb is supposed to be done? Also, just read that the great movie ride might be closing as early as August. This depresses me, it was always my favorite ride at HS.

If that closes also, what will be left to do in HS??? I mean ToT and RnR and TSM but that's it. Sick of the shows there a sense they haven't changed in years....I may skip HS all together this trip....

If that closes also, what will be left to do in HS??? I mean ToT and RnR and TSM but that's it. Sick of the shows there a sense they haven't changed in years....I may skip HS all together this trip....
I admit there's not a ton of stuff right now, but there's also Star Tours, the Muppets 3D, and Great Movie Ride (I hope it'll still be open for one last ride in September!). And I can ride RnR and ToT over and over!! This a good park to hop FROM though!

I admit there's not a ton of stuff right now, but there's also Star Tours, the Muppets 3D, and Great Movie Ride (I hope it'll still be open for one last ride in September!). And I can ride RnR and ToT over and over!! This a good park to hop FROM though!

Agreed, and I love Fantasmic but hate wasting a day walking around for nothing, so I will have to rethink my touring plan. I also am hoping to do 4 parks in one day, so I may just get FP for later in HS and then do the other 3 parks first and end in HS so I can see Fantamic and not need to spend lots of time there. Sad HS used to be one of my favorites.

Can you tell me what this means. I have tickets that will expire soon, (We aren't going until Nov). Do you think i will be able to use them after they expire?
Thanks for any input

My understanding is that any new tickets purchased from the date in Feb. when ticket prices went up now have an expiration date. The current expiration date is Dec. 2018. I have read that you will still get the value you paid for your tickets should they expire before you use them, but I'm not sure exactly how that works. I assume you'll need to call and they will issue you new tickets, or you'll need to exchange them at Guest Services once you are there.

Your November tickets should be fine.

I noticed I had $40.00 taken out on my Disney Visa card when I made Dining reservation but do not know which one took it
Are there by any chance 4 people in your party for the booked trip? When I made my ADR's, the date changed back for every new reservation to the current week's date. Once I didn't catch it and later noticed a $60 deduction on my account. Took me a while to realize that it happened after I had missed the reservation date. The credited my account when I called them and they said it happens frequently.

Are there by any chance 4 people in your party for the booked trip? When I made my ADR's, the date changed back for every new reservation to the current week's date. Once I didn't catch it and later noticed a $60 deduction on my account. Took me a while to realize that it happened after I had missed the reservation date. The credited my account when I called them and they said it happens frequently.
Yes 3 adults and one infant

Does anyone know what time the Travel Agent holds get released tomorrow? I am hoping to snag a standard view at CBR with FD for my parents. Right now, they are in the Pirates rooms.

I was able to get one for my reservation yesterday but now I have to find one for them...starting to get nervous about it! We are going Dec 9-16th so I'm hoping something will open up soon.

I would definitely recommend calling- this is how I was able to get FD when there was no availability online. Pixie dust to you!

Are you asking about the Holiday Wishes firework dessert party? Here's a link to the Christmas party info.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/mvmcp.htm

Thank you!!! The only time we went was in September 3 years ago, and we did the firework dessert party. My kids still talk about it! So much fun! I'm just wondering if it'd be worth it for this event? Does anyone have experience with it

Agreed, and I love Fantasmic but hate wasting a day walking around for nothing, so I will have to rethink my touring plan. I also am hoping to do 4 parks in one day, so I may just get FP for later in HS and then do the other 3 parks first and end in HS so I can see Fantamic and not need to spend lots of time there. Sad HS used to be one of my favorites.

Is Great Movie Ride Closing? Or am I reading that wrong? What does open one last time in September mean?

I looked it up. That is sad..I loved that ride. I also hope it is around for my August trip. I really hope they do not change the theme of The Tower of Terror. That ride is perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter