******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy! We are going in august with our 5 kids and my parents, so we have 3 rooms. I started with ASsp preferred (all that was available), next day switched to pop standard, which saved us about 150. Yesterday saw ASsp standard available and was able to switch two of the rooms to standard, and then today got the last one switched to standard! YAY! This saves us $523 over the original reservation!:banana: Keep checking if you don't see what you want at first:)

New dining package at Hollywood Studios for the Pixar concert. Grab your ADRs before the rest of the world hears about it. Lol! Don't know that I would pay oop, but it's a good value on the dining plan.

I have an ADR for this already for the Fantasmic package. Did that change to Pixar, or you would get either/or at the time of dining? Does anyone know how that works? I've never done a dine and seating package before.

I have an ADR for this already for the Fantasmic package. Did that change to Pixar, or you would get either/or at the time of dining? Does anyone know how that works? I've never done a dine and seating package before.

Two different packages. We have one for M Melrose Fantasmic! (our preference), but just booked the new Pixar package at H & V. I know my mother will want to see the concert and I don't know how difficult it will be to get seating with only 3 performances.

Can someone post for me the website where you can estimate your food costs with menus/prices for each restaurant? I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere.

Right now I have free dining at POR but there are now rooms at POP for my dates- is it worth the extra 1400 stop stay where I am? I have 2 adults and 2 kids (13&7) so aim not sure if POP will be too small with double beds :/
POP rooms are getting updated ... May be queen beds..google .. for 1400 savings will decently go for POP.. It has kid appeal to

While I'm looking at dining packages, has anyone tried the parade package at Tony's? Hopefully Pete isn't following this thread. :-) I know you don't need reserved seating for Festival of Fantasy, but it seems like a "deal" for an appetizer, entree, & dessert. After reading so many bad reviews, I don't know if I would find anything on the menu that would make it worth the ADR. In all our trips to WDW, we have never dined here. Reviews?

I got POP standard view this morning for 12/14 - 12/20. I had standard pool view, but I wasn't crazy about the possible noise from the pool even with our trip being in the middle of December. If you haven't found exactly what you want, don't give up.

Ticket help; as of now I have the minimum 2 day hoppers. I have access to the nicely discounted Military Salute tickets; should I add days to the existing 2 day tix, or get the Military tix? If I go with military tickets may we use the 2 day PHs, and military tickets? I'm working on the best deal.
Thanks.
I'm not very familiar with the military tickets, but I think they give you four park days. If that is true then this is how the numbers work out:

2 day park hopper ticket = 275.84
add four days (equal to length of military ticket) 6 days ph = 495.23

It would cost $219.39 to upgrade from a 2 day ph to a 6 day ph. Assuming that you get four park days with a military ticket - if your military tickets cost less than $219.39 then get the military tickets. If the tickets cost more than 219.39 then upgrade the 2 day ph. Disney's park ticket are priced in such a way that adding extra days doesn't cost as much as buying two sets of tickets. :)

Ticket help; as of now I have the minimum 2 day hoppers. I have access to the nicely discounted Military Salute tickets; should I add days to the existing 2 day tix, or get the Military tix? If I go with military tickets may we use the 2 day PHs, and military tickets? I'm working on the best deal.
Thanks.

If you are actually planning on having 6 or 7 park days, then it would be cheaper to purchase 4 or 5 day salute tickets to use in addition to your 2 day park hopper tickets you already have. If you are planning for 5 or less park days, then it looks like it would be cheaper to just extend your 2 day park hopper. Either way you go, as a previous poster stated, you can still link salute tickets to MDE and should have no issues.

While I'm looking at dining packages, has anyone tried the parade package at Tony's? Hopefully Pete isn't following this thread. :-) I know you don't need reserved seating for Festival of Fantasy, but it seems like a "deal" for an appetizer, entree, & dessert. After reading so many bad reviews, I don't know if I would find anything on the menu that would make it worth the ADR. In all our trips to WDW, we have never dined here. Reviews?

we did this last year. The reserved seating part was actually pretty great. You go over to the centre grass area right across from Tony's. When we went late Nov for this there were very few people who did this so there was a lot of room. very comfortable. Excellent way to watch the parade. The park itself was quite busy and there were clearly no spots across the road where people were standing who did not have the reserved seats. having said that, the food at Tony's is not great, IMO. We have eaten there twice and most likely won't go back... the only reason we did it a second time was for this package.

All Star Sports Standard and Preferred available for 12/9-12/13. Was checking dates for a friend and saw it if anyone needs those dates.

Does anyone know if accessible rooms with king beds exist at ASSp? Touring Plans shows yes but phone CM said it doesnt exist because all rooms at Sports are (2) double beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter