October planning at Riverside w/ f&W and more.. - Updated 8/25 - UPDATED

Ok so after check in I am sure the room will not be ready. This is where I am confused. Go to a park (we only have 6 day tickets (possible ap's once we get there) or go to DTD). I am going with DTD.

When we arrive we will have lunch at Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Pucks. Not sure which one, I ate at Wolfgangs and it was ok last year so will probably go to EOS but this is me and anything can happen. We could just eat at Riverside.

Once we are done eating I want to get Vinny onto something I did last year. Click photo for video.

It was a lot of fun and it was great seeing everything from atop.

We will now go back to room to freshen up. Once done it will be onto something Vinny has never done, mini golf. I figure we will hit up fantasia Gardens being it is close to the area for dinner.

I will stop here.

Sorry so short and kind of boring but it will get better.

Up next...

Dinner and the 1st night.

Now we enter the evening part of our first day and for this we have our dinner with everyone else. I cannot wait to see everyone again and to meet everyone else I have spoken to online and now will meet in person.

Our dinner is early at Captains Grill and I kind of like this. I ate here 2 years ago when Ip-Dip 1 took place and a couple of us met for a quiet dinner. Now originally it was going to be Bongos in DTD, then we changed to 'Ohanas but the numbers changed and I thought it was too loud for us being the kids were not coming now and also they could not accommodate the new number of our group. Personally I don't care where we eat as I am just excited to see everyone.

After dinner it will still be early and some of us were discussing going to MK for some time that night and others mentioned maybe going to Jellyrolls that night. I have never been there so I am up for it.
Whatever the decision is will be fine with me. Now Vinny might not be joining us as it will be a long day and he does not do bars but you never know.

So that is how our first night will be. I am really excited, 73 days now.

Sorry no pics.

Up next....

Our first full park day. Where will we go?

I am here too.....:goodvibes

I am glad that you changed to Captains Grill, I know you were excited to eat there again...and it will be nice dinner where you all can talk. Sorry about being the pooper that put a wrench in the plans...but you know me and you know that I am ;)

I can not wait to hear about your other plans. I want to meet up!!!!

I am here too.....:goodvibes

I am glad that you changed to Captains Grill, I know you were excited to eat there again...and it will be nice dinner where you all can talk. Sorry about being the pooper that put a wrench in the plans...but you know me and you know that I am ;)

I can not wait to hear about your other plans. I want to meet up!!!!

:welcome:

It will definitely be quieter and now might be going to jellyrolls after so very convenient.

not a pooper.

Coming soon.

Definitely will. I will be texting everyone once we land. :lmao:

WOW!!!! :worship: I am impressed!!! :worship: You went on the hot-air balloon!!! :thumbsup2 I don't think you'd ever get me on there! :scared1: uh....no....never!! :eek:

WOW!!!! :worship: I am impressed!!! :worship: You went on the hot-air balloon!!! :thumbsup2 I don't think you'd ever get me on there! :scared1: uh....no....never!! :eek:

trust me I held on but it was a lot of fun. I am afraid of heights but I forced myself to do it.

It really is not that bad and it is roped.

We might do this. They have armed guards with you at times while u r touring but I would so love to see the pyramids. This is the 7 day tour by ADVENTURES BY DISNEY. It would put Italy on the back burner for a year but that is ok.

Trip Highlights

Camel Ride past the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx in Giza

Take an unforgettable excursion to Giza for an up-close view of the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx.
Three-Nights in Cairo

Join an Egyptologist for a privately guided tour of the phenomenal treasures from King Tutankhamen's tomb in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities as Junior Adventurers play our very own art detective activity. You'll also visit the Citadel of Salah Al-Din and the Mosque of Muhammad Ali and stroll through old Cairo's bustling Khan Khalili marketplace.
Three-Night Nile Cruise aboard the M/S Tulip

Welcome aboard the M/S Tulip, your Nile cruise ship docked in Aswan. This "floating hotel" provides comfortable accommodations on your 3-day cruise from Aswan to Luxor. Enjoy the cool Nile breezes as you pass pastoral scenes on the river banks, the vast desert stretching into the horizon.
Ancient Temples of the Nile

Learn about the rituals and rulers of this ancient civilization through the eyes of Egyptologists when you tour the Temples of Philae, Kom Ombo, Edfu, Karnak and Luxor. Explore the tombs of Ramses VI and King Tut in the Valley of the Kings.

:rotfl:
We might do this. They have armed guards with you at times while u r touring but I would so love to see the pyramids. This is the 7 day tour by ADVENTURES BY DISNEY. It would put Italy on the back burner for a year but that is ok.

Trip Highlights

Camel Ride past the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx in Giza

Take an unforgettable excursion to Giza for an up-close view of the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx.
Three-Nights in Cairo

Join an Egyptologist for a privately guided tour of the phenomenal treasures from King Tutankhamen's tomb in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities as Junior Adventurers play our very own art detective activity. You'll also visit the Citadel of Salah Al-Din and the Mosque of Muhammad Ali and stroll through old Cairo's bustling Khan Khalili marketplace.
Three-Night Nile Cruise aboard the M/S Tulip

Welcome aboard the M/S Tulip, your Nile cruise ship docked in Aswan. This "floating hotel" provides comfortable accommodations on your 3-day cruise from Aswan to Luxor. Enjoy the cool Nile breezes as you pass pastoral scenes on the river banks, the vast desert stretching into the horizon.
Ancient Temples of the Nile

Learn about the rituals and rulers of this ancient civilization through the eyes of Egyptologists when you tour the Temples of Philae, Kom Ombo, Edfu, Karnak and Luxor. Explore the tombs of Ramses VI and King Tut in the Valley of the Kings.

Oh this is something I've always wanted to do! I say go for it! Italy will be there next year it's not going anywhere. :rotfl: This would be a cool TR!

:rotfl:

Oh this is something I've always wanted to do! I say go for it! Italy will be there next year it's not going anywhere. :rotfl: This would be a cool TR!

I say go for it too!! I think the ABD trips all look so great!

Thanks. Actually it looks like the trip for 2012 now. Today we went out with his sister who went with us to Europe and she asked about Italy and said she would really like to do it next year so I think the Egypt trip will be April 2012 and it will definitely happen if not by ABD then National Geographic tours or Tauck.

We left Piccadilly Circus and walked down to Trafalgar Square.

europe-trip-2009-0135.jpg

At this part we were H-U-N-G-R-Y. We came upon a Texas BBQ restaurant but decided that we wanted British food. We moved on.

europe-trip-2009-0136.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0137.jpg

I think I tweeted a pic from here. This place was busy, we did not stay long.
europe-trip-2009-0138.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0140.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0141.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0143.jpg

Then we started to head towards a pub. We had to ask where one was.
europe-trip-2009-0144.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0145.jpg

Then I turned around and took.
europe-trip-2009-0147.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0148.jpg

That is Big Ben, it was our first sighting, D and I were very excited.
europe-trip-2009-0149.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0150.jpg

So now we go into a pub. When I say this place is packed I am not kidding. After circling 3 times we finally got a seat. A lot of pubs in London you have to go to the bar to order. M and I went up and it was a 45 minute wait. Way to long. We left.
We went outside and then found one 2 doors down (and yes they were laughing and drinking and having a party) and we went in. Guess what? Table service by a wench. That is what they were dressed like. M said it was the British Hooters. :lol:

I think we all had fish and chips and they were good.

We left there and walked around.
europe-trip-2009-0152.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0153.jpg

They have the duck tours in London but no one wanted to do them. :mad:
europe-trip-2009-0154.jpg

We walked.
europe-trip-2009-0155.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0157.jpg

Then we saw the "EYE"
europe-trip-2009-0158.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0159.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0162.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0164.jpg

Then one more look at
europe-trip-2009-0166.jpg

and
europe-trip-2009-0168.jpg

Time to stop....

What did we do next?

Were we scared or thrilled?

Also video coming up next.

Ok I am going to do day 2 over. The reasoning is some changed and the other I was not happy with my last update.

So I talked to Vinny about this day about maybe sleeping in late and was laughed at. He is up anywhere from 5 am - 6:30 am daily. Ok, so then I will get my Disney adrenaline going and get up early too. So early it is.
With getting up early what are we to do? Have breakfast of course. But where would we like to eat? My favorite character meal at Disney.
Disney071132.jpg

We will stroll on in before park opening and check in
January2008191.jpg

We shall be seeing
DecemberTripVinnysCamera006.jpg

I absolutely love this meal. The character interaction the 3 times I have been there is incredible. The juice is out of this world. The food is really good, your standard breakfast fare with a few more items.

I am hoping to be out of here for the first safari.

Up next....

My hopes for the day.

So many awesome pictures of what you have done, and so many cool things to think about doing in the future on an Adventures by Disney trip! You are living the good life!

At our one and only Tusker House breakfast, we finished just as they were about to drop the rope, and we did make the first safari. It was perfect timing. :thumbsup2

I love your photos from Europe.

Your plans look great. I :love: Tusker House. I think it's one of the best character breakfast buffets. You'll definitely make rope drop during your trip with Vinny being up so early. It's so hard to sleep in at Disney.

So many awesome pictures of what you have done, and so many cool things to think about doing in the future on an Adventures by Disney trip! You are living the good life!

At our one and only Tusker House breakfast, we finished just as they were about to drop the rope, and we did make the first safari. It was perfect timing. :thumbsup2
Thanks.
We r actually going to stick to the plan and do Italy next year and then 212 in April we r doing Egypt. I cannot wait.
Last time we made it to so if we have to eat fast we will. :lmao: If I don't see all the characters that is fine I have seen them before.

I love your photos from Europe.

Your plans look great. I :love: Tusker House. I think it's one of the best character breakfast buffets. You'll definitely make rope drop during your trip with Vinny being up so early. It's so hard to sleep in at Disney.
Thank you, more coming soon.
Thanks. It is hard to sleep there, I love the wake up call and that gets me jumping out of bed. :banana:

After our meal at the pub and then walking a little we went back to the hotel to freshen up for our next tour...

Jack the Ripper

First of course I took pics in the lobby. The staircase looking up
europe-trip-2009-0169.jpg

Furnishings
europe-trip-2009-0170.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0171.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0172.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0173.jpg

Then we left for the underground to get us to our location. It was very easy to get to, but not exactly the right location. I said to make a right when it should have a been a left. :ipdipmoment:

europe-trip-2009-0174.jpg

This is where we were to meet the group for the tour.

europe-trip-2009-0175.jpg

I went inside and they said to wait. We looked around

europe-trip-2009-0176.jpg

[/CENTER]

europe-trip-2009-0177.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0178.jpg

So then we moved outside and waited. About 5 minutes later they called us for to load on the bus. We waited a few minutes as only 2 people of a group of 18 showed up. We then left without the others. We are off to our river boat cruise.

We had to wait about 5 or 10 minutes for the boat. Then we boarded and I took 2 pics.

europe-trip-2009-0179.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0180.jpg

But the rest were videos.

1st part

YouTube - 1st leg of boat tour

Listen and you will hear my gay self and the narrator on the boat which was a recording.

Boat ride continues

Final video
YouTube - boat finale

I loved the boat ride and wished we had done it longer. Now we had to get off and walk over to the bus to take us to our location. The rest of the people who we left behind joined us. We made it to the place as we were gathering we saw this. I nearly crapped myself. I could never in my life do that. This is how they got up and down from the top of the building.
europe-trip-2009-0185.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0186.jpg

Then we walked over to a church. Now I do not remember the actual details of the tour and what happened where. It was a fun tour and highly recommend it. We all agreed it was better than the London Dungeons.
europe-trip-2009-0187.jpg

This was our tour guide, he was great and knowledgeable and funny. He can also walk fast. :lol:
europe-trip-2009-0188.jpg

Then the church we were in front of
europe-trip-2009-0189.jpg

Then we walked to another section where Jack killed someone and I saw this on the way.
europe-trip-2009-0190.jpg

Now this section was not to pretty. Garbage in the streets, some guy yelling out the window. I believe it was in the East End.
Then we walked more and heard more of Jack's killings. Then towards the end we came upon.
europe-trip-2009-0191.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0192.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0193.jpg

The tour lasted little over 2 hours and it was so worth it. We did see one last area before the tour ended and it was so pretty but we never made it back there even though we wanted to.

So the bus leaves you off by the Sherlock Holmes Pub but we thought it was too touristy so we decided to go back to the hotel area and look for a place there. I think I forgot to mention on the first night we met a friend and ate at a place called Strada's near Earl's Court stop but we walked over and what a beautiful walk it was. Anyway, it was a great dinner and it was nice to see Tom again. He will appear later in the rpeort but not in pic, I do not think I took any of him.
So we went back to the hotel and the pub across the street was packed so we walked. Found a lovely pub down the road and had a wonderful dinner. I think we all had Fish & Chips.
That ended our first real day in London. It was a great way to start it but tomorrow we go outside the city and see a lot on a 12 hour tour....

Up next....

We vacation with royalty.
We see something maybe aliens made???
What Harry Potter was filmed here?
I really need to pee?

See ya soon....​

:yay: I'm here! I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip and the Ip Dip Dinner!
Sorry I have been MIA on "enchanted", for some reason I get so lost on the new board-call me an Ip Dip for sure! :lmao:

:yay: I'm here! I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip and the Ip Dip Dinner!
Sorry I have been MIA on "enchanted", for some reason I get so lost on the new board-call me an Ip Dip for sure! :lmao:

:welcome:

Really, I find it easy because everything is together. :confused3

hopefully will update this week.

After a goodnight sleep we woke up to find out my throat was killing me. so not happy. I took a shower and we went down to meet D & M.
We went around the corner to a cafe and some got coffee and tea while I got OJ, this was delicious fresh squeezed and the freshest OJ I ever had. I also grabbed a water for the bus. Then we went back to the hotel to wait for our pickup. The guy came on time and there was a bus van and a big bus, not sure where to go I scream out to him at 8am from down the street. Yes I am a NY'er. So we get on the big bus and we go to 2 more stops to pick up others. They then took us to a charter bus station and we had to wait 15 minutes so I ran to the potty and had to pay 20 pence and then got more water. :lol:
8:30 we boarded the bus and then we were on our way. We had a woman for our guide (forgot her name) and she was good. The driver was good too. We got there and were told where to go. Some had to use the bathroom. :whistle: darn water. Then we started walking towards the entrance. Shall we walk.
europe-trip-2009-0196.jpg

There was an area where stores were.
europe-trip-2009-0198.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0199.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0200.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0201.jpg

Then we saw some of the Castle.
europe-trip-2009-0204.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0205.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0206.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0207.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0209.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0210.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0211.jpg

MeMom taught me to take pics of merchandise so I tried. :lol:
europe-trip-2009-0212.jpg

These signs made me laugh.
europe-trip-2009-0213.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0214.jpg

We continued on.
europe-trip-2009-0215.jpg

And we walked some more.
europe-trip-2009-0217.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0219.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0220.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0221.jpg

See the people on the right on the road, that is where we had to line up and wait for them to open the castle.
europe-trip-2009-0223.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0224.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0225.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0226.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0227.jpg

Time to stop.

Up next....

We go inside but do they allow photography?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter