October planning at Riverside w/ f&W and more.. - Updated 8/25 - UPDATED

scottny

<font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font
I have decided to start fresh on my pre tr being so many changes were made and I want to place links for the Europe and Disney updates to make it neater.

So let us start introductions again. My name is Scott and found the Disboards about 3 years ago. I have met many great people from here whom I do meet in October for the past 2 years and meeting again this year. I also talk with many others on here and on Facebook. I have gone to Disney since I was 2. The first year it opened we went (honestly I do not remember it but I was told I was there). We stopped going around 14 years old when I started high school (parents pulled me out of school yearly for a trip) but did go again around 16. Then nothing till 19 and then a lot more since then.

Now my partner is also coming along on this trip. His name is Vinny and we have been together for 9 years and partners for 2. He never wanted to go to Disney and said he never would. That all changed when one of his sisters decided to go and took her granddaughter and family so we all went. That was when I found the Disboards. We went and had a fantastic time. Here are a few pics from July 2007.
Here we are after our first meal at Crystal Palace (love this breakfast).
2007-1266.jpg

This is the group shot of us all on that trip.
disney2007711.jpg

It was a fantastic trip.

Now like I said this trip is to meet up with others for what has turned into our annual dinner. We are also doing the Food & Wine Festival and we are going to Universal Studios for 1 day.
I am also including my trip from last year in here to Europe which did include a 1 day trip to Disneyland in Paris.
I hope you come along for the journey and share in my planning.

Up next...

When, where and how...

Links:

Disney -
Chapter 1: Intros
Chapter 2: Day 1 - The where, when and what is an Ip-Dip?
Chapter 3: Departure day, morning
Chapter 4: Day 1 afternoon plans
Chapter 5: Day 1 evening plans
Chapter 6: Day 2 Morning plans

Europe -
Chapter 1: Departure day
Chapter 2: Going to the hotel
Chapter 3: Touring the Tower (kind of)
Chapter 4: London Dungeons
Chapter 5: Piccadilly Circus and tickets
Chapter 6: Trafalgar Square and more
Chapter 7: Mr. Ripper
Chapter 8: Day 3 - Windsor Castle Pt. I

I'm in!! You know, we haven't done our usual CP breakfast the last 2 trips. I think I'm having withdrawls!! I neeed breakfast pizza!!

Yay! I love F&W TR's! Someday, I keep telling myself....someday I'll get to experience it.:cloud9:

Can't wait to hear who's participating in IP-DIP this year. :goodvibes

Great to see this pretrip report here! I loved your other reports especially the one with the Splash photo!

Happy planning,
Margaret

A fellow Ip Dipper reporting in!! I know what you mean about restarting a PTR when it goes through many changes, I have done that at least twice this year :rolleyes1.

Looking forward to reading your plans. I can't wait to see you again and meet Vinny!! :goodvibes

I'm in because your title has Europe in it!!! My DH and I are headed to Europe in September!! Not Disneyland Paris booo....hubby didn't want to go to France. Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Did we decide we are not crossing paths...again?
We're there October 15th - 19th.

Well I'm certainly in on this one!! :goodvibes
:welcome:
So glad your here. :dance3:

I'm in!! You know, we haven't done our usual CP breakfast the last 2 trips. I think I'm having withdrawls!! I neeed breakfast pizza!!
:rotfl2: I checked and did not plan this trip but am rethinking that now.

Yay! I love F&W TR's! Someday, I keep telling myself....someday I'll get to experience it.:cloud9:

Can't wait to hear who's participating in IP-DIP this year. :goodvibes
It is a great event to attend. Only bad thing is would be the drinking, it hits fast when you do not realize how much you doing. :rolleyes1
It has gone down from the original amount but still a good number.

Great to see this pretrip report here! I loved your other reports especially the one with the Splash photo!

Happy planning,
Margaret
I decided to do it in both places.
Thank you. I am looking at that pic next to me right now. :lmao:
Thanks

A fellow Ip Dipper reporting in!! I know what you mean about restarting a PTR when it goes through many changes, I have done that at least twice this year :rolleyes1.

Looking forward to reading your plans. I can't wait to see you again and meet Vinny!! :goodvibes
Hello fellow Ip-Dipper. :lmao:
I had to start again, it was just a mess.
Can't wait to see you both again.

I'm in because your title has Europe in it!!! My DH and I are headed to Europe in September!! Not Disneyland Paris booo....hubby didn't want to go to France. Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes
That is when we went. I am going to post the first 2 Europe updates next.
What part r u going to?

Did we decide we are not crossing paths...again?
We're there October 15th - 19th.
Yes. :sad: We get there the 23rd. I cannot believe by 4 days. One of these days I will be there when you are.

¡WDW!girlrox(:;37583520 said:
I'm here! :)

Some of you were reading my other pre tr and read this but I have to repost them again.

September 3rd started at 7:15 am and I showered and then got ready for work. I told them I would go in till 12pm that day (felt bad for taking off so soon after being hired). Work went kind of slow and kind of fast. I left and came home. I then packed up the last of the things I needed and took another shower.
Here are the bags waiting to go.
europe-trip-2009-0001.jpg

2pm the phone rang and the driver said he was outside. We bring the bags down and we get in. He gets us to JFK quickly but went to the wrong Delta terminal but it was quickly resolved and he was sorry and then we proceed through security which was a breeze.

After security we then went to sit down and argued about what section. :lol:
Then Biff tells me he sees D & M over there. We go over to them and decide to walk and see where we can eat. Turns out the inside part of JFK airport is terrible for food selections. We finally decided on Panda Express. Had a misunderstanding with the girl but was quickly resolved by another. Food done now time to drink. We went and had a glass of wine each.

Boarding time has arrived and passed. 6:05pm was supposed to be departure but we finally took off at 7:10pm.

On the flight we had dinner which was chicken for me and pasta for Biff. Not bad. They also gave us another meal of juice and muffins later on in the flight.

We watched the movie I Love You, Man. It was really good.

Here are the pics from the flight. Some are off but I cannot fix them for some reason. It is a problem I have sometimes when I upload pics from the Iphone.

europe-trip-2009-0002.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0003.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0004.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0006.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0007.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0008.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0009.jpg

You can see here what happened when we reached London area, we were put into a hold pattern. I hate them.
europe-trip-2009-0010.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0011.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0012.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0013.jpg

Blurry pic but can you see the circles we were doing. :scared-1:
europe-trip-2009-0014.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0015.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0016.jpg

So how was the commute to the hotel?
What happened at the hotel to have some not so happy?

I can't wait to read more! That's a bummer that your flight was a little bit late though.

Now we have done the introductions so let us discuss the when, where and how.

When - October 23 - October 30th.
Where - Obviously from my title we are at Riverside.
How - We will get their by Jetblue (which has changed the returning flight 5 times already).

Why October? Well that is when Buzz and Linnie go, so we follow. LOL They used to be on here but Buzz got banned and then reinstated months later but he does not want to come back. I think he does make an appearance now and then. Anyway, they were going down so a bunch of decided to follow them and go and then we will have dinner. The dinner is Ip-Dip Fest. Long story why let me say it is a Buzz saying.
So we went had dinner at Biergarten in October 2008 and it was so much fun. We met up earlier in the day at Epcot and had a blast then we met again for dinner. Good times with great people and drinks.
Here is a quick group pic from that morning. No posing here.
PA183012.jpg

Buzz and Linnie and Pinchy
PA183256.jpg

it was a lot of fun with Off Kilter afterwards and then watching Illuminations.

Now we come to 2009. The cast changed somewhat but it was an absolute blast. I hung out with Firekymmie and her hubby (we shared a room) and Jodster (not sure her name on her anymore) and Wirki. We had a blast and felt the heat. 111 heat index, it was too much. We drank and ate and had fun. Buzz and Linnie were there.

Here is Jodi, Debbie and me. See how hot it was. :lmao:
Ip-DipII-0073.jpg

Me with a Lapu Lapu
Ip-DipII-0270.jpg

Again, it was a blast.

Well you will have to read to see how that will turn out in 87 days.

Up next...
Day 1 planning....

¡WDW!girlrox(:;37585082 said:
I can't wait to read more! That's a bummer that your flight was a little bit late though.

Thanks. It was fine, we were in London. :lmao:

So we landed and then proceeded to the U.K. border (customs). The line was long by the time we got there, as 2 of us needed a potty. :rotf:
After about 40 minutes we made it through. We had a really nice guy; he talked to Biff and informed us he was going to Tuscany on Monday. That sounded nice. So we make it through and go to retrieve our bags.
With bags in our hands we head off the “tube”. This is there subway. We get in the car and it is not crowded so we take out seats and leave our bags by the doors. Well half way into London the train got so busy it was crazy. We finally make it to the Gloucester Road stop and I was wondering how we would get off the train but we did.
We now go up and out and discover the hotel is right across the street. :woohoo:
So we proceed to the Millennium Hotel and check in. Tell them the name and they say they have reservation for that. :confused: and then they inform us there is another next door. So we make our way out and go next door to the Bailey’s Millennium Hotel. We go to check in and Biff forcefully tells the lady his name and he has an early check in. She looks and gets him a key. Now D goes up and says the same thing, no go. No more rooms available for early check in. :mad: but they can have a room for an upgrade of $15 a night.
We decide to take our luggage up to the room and then go find some place to eat. D & M also put there luggage in the room. We go outside and walk for a bit and then go into a Garfunkle’s. I had a omelet with hash browns which were different than ours but still good.
Now it is about 11 am and we go back to the hotel to take a nap and see if D & M can get a room, they cannot. We then go upstairs and they take there luggage and we decide to meet around 3.
Now this part cracked me up as Donna told me later, they took there luggage down to the lobby and plopped themselves on the couch with the look of a person so exhausted. They asked when we came in and again no rooms except with the upgrade and now they are sitting in the lobby with there luggage all of the sudden a room becomes available.

Now we all take a nap and are much better people……

Up next….
Where do we go?

Buzz and Linnie and Pinchy
PA183256.jpg

:rotfl: I love this picture!! Pinchy did they get that from the Simpsons?? Our family loves this episode!!! Where did they get the stuffed lobster? We are taking this thing I dont' even know what it is??!!?? I saw it at Target at Valentines day but it has huge bug eyes and huge lips. I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face, it's so funny looking I said to my DH that we have to buy this for our trip. We want to have him posing in various pictures along the way. I see if I can post the picture.

scottny

We will be in the Netherlands, Germany, and Austria. :woohoo: :yay: I can't wait to go! We're going late September.

:rotfl: I love this picture!! Pinchy did they get that from the Simpsons?? Our family loves this episode!!! Where did they get the stuffed lobster? We are taking this thing I dont' even know what it is??!!?? I saw it at Target at Valentines day but it has huge bug eyes and huge lips. I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face, it's so funny looking I said to my DH that we have to buy this for our trip. We want to have him posing in various pictures along the way. I see if I can post the picture.

scottny

We will be in the Netherlands, Germany, and Austria. :woohoo: :yay: I can't wait to go! We're going late September.
Not sure where they get it from but it made me laugh.
Someone at the dinner gave it to Buzz.
:lmao: it is fun to take pics with stuffed toys and see the looks you get from others. :rotfl2:
Now that is nice. Germany is on my list to travel to. That should be perfect weather at that time. :thumbsup2

Joining in!
Now I have to go back and read :surfweb:
Hope nu enjoyed the reading. U r close to your trip, getting excited?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter