October planning at Riverside w/ f&W and more.. - Updated 8/25 - UPDATED

¡WDW!girlrox(:;37598038 said:
Can't wait to read more. :)
Thanks.
Europe update next, Disney over weekend.

I still have not had a Lapu Lapu! Maybe during this October trip! :rotfl:
oh make sure someone is there to carry you. :rotfl2: they r strong.
If you want to meet up for one in the lounge let me know.

We woke up from our naps and were ready to go. We went downstairs to meet D & M and I took a pic of the staircase
europe-trip-2009-0017.jpg

Here is our hotel from the outside.
europe-trip-2009-0018.jpg

Walking around
europe-trip-2009-0019.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0020.jpg

Something we do not have in NYC, we just have ugly little phone stations.
europe-trip-2009-0021.jpg

So we took the underground to Tower Hill and walked out to see this
europe-trip-2009-0022.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0023.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0024.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0025.jpg

Guides
europe-trip-2009-0026.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0027.jpg

Then we came upon the London Wall.
europe-trip-2009-0031.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0028.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0033.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0032.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0030.jpg

Then we walked under the road to get to the other side and came upon this.
europe-trip-2009-0034.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0035.jpg

Then we saw the Tower of London up close. We did not go in on this day, just walked around.
europe-trip-2009-0037.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0038.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0040.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0041.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0042.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0043.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0044.jpg

That was our tour of the Tower of London for that day.

Where do we go next? I will say I Tweeted it.

Love the pictures!! BTW how do you upload pictures to your report??? I am most unknowlegable when it comes to computers! :rotfl:

Love the pictures!! BTW how do you upload pictures to your report??? I am most unknowlegable when it comes to computers! :rotfl:

Thank you.

I use photobucket. go to www.photobucket.com and upload the photos then under the pics you will see different links copy the img code and then paste it here. then i hit preview here to make sure it goes.

Scott, those pictures are wonderful!!! Keep 'em coming!

We'll have to see if we can meet up for that Lapu Lapu in Oct! :goodvibes

Let us begin the trip with the obvious, departure day. :lmao: Our flight is really early out of LaGuardia. 4:30 the car picks us up. Once we get to the airport we will have
43257-DunkinDonuts_coffee.jpg

Not the healthiest but at 5 am not many choices.

We are flying on
jetblue.jpg

I love this airline. The flight attendants are great and I am delayed all the time on the way home but it is ok. Just love it.

Hoping the flight is safe and quick and then we will be experiencing this (taken in October when I was landing in Orlando).

Then it will be time to rush to the monorail and then head down to
sign.jpg

I am hoping the wait will not be too long.

We will get into this line.
January2008001.jpg

As we ride along we will see
Ip-DipII-0008.jpg

Then we will drive under
DecemberTripVinnysCamera003.jpg

Then it will be time to drive up to
January2008019.jpg

Have to stop here and check in.
Disney07251.jpg

I have requested either the Mansions (Oak Manor to be exact)
Disney07257.jpg

or Alligator Bayou (building 18 to be exact).
January2008004.jpg

I am actually hoping for AB. The walk to Riverside Mill was so easy and so was the walk to the bus stop.

I am going to stop here.

Up next...
Where shall we go?

We woke up and showered and then met D & M in the lobby. We then went across the street to the Pret A Manger and had breakfast. I had a vanilla caramel latte and a croissant, both were good.
Then we jumped on the Tube and went to our location. This day was the tour of the "London Dungeon". Once we got off the tube we had to walk.

europe-trip-2009-0102.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0104.jpg

Then we came to the London Bridge.
europe-trip-2009-0105.jpg

Walk across we did.
europe-trip-2009-0106.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0109.jpg

These people were partying to early. They were LOUD.
europe-trip-2009-0110.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0111.jpg

Something on here made me laugh.
europe-trip-2009-0113.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0114.jpg

This sign had me on the ground. I could not figure it out.
europe-trip-2009-0116.jpg

Then we came to our destination.
europe-trip-2009-0117.jpg

We go right in, there was a line but we pre-purchased our tix so we bypassed the line. We got our tix for the London Eye and Madame Tussuad's as it turned out to be cheaper so we booked all 3 and then walked on. The sign said the boat ride was not working. :mad:
Then they took our pic of Biff and I with our heads in the guillotine and D & M about to chop them off. We did not buy it.
Basically it is a fun-house of sorts. We walked through a room of mirrors where I went one way and Biff went the right way. We all kept going in circles. It was annoying. :lol:
Then we heard of the great fire of London, Sweeney Todd and Jack the Ripper and the Plague.
There were torture scenes they acted out with audience members. It was all done very funny. Not scary.
The boat ride was working by the time we reached it. You go up a hill, turn backwards and go down a hill. Think Maelstrom. Now M and myslef were sitting on the right side, lets just say the boat was tilted to the right alot. :whistle:
So once the boat stopped D & M switched sides, even though it said do not stand. D hurt her back a little and then we move and we are at the end. :lol: I was hysterical.
The final part of the tour is another ride. Think Tower of Terror. It is a freefall but not that high. Biff was nervous but he went on it. I looked when it stopped and said that is it. It really was not high up but then it dropped and let me tell you it packed a wallop.
You exit into a gift shop. I bought a keychain. Overall it was fun but we thought it would be scarier.

We left there and came out to see this.
europe-trip-2009-0118.jpg

Disney is everywhere. :lol:

Here are the signs outside the building.
europe-trip-2009-0119.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0120.jpg

Then Biff decided he wanted to get the Eurostar tickets so we went in search of a ticket agent. Along the way I saw a great poster.

europe-trip-2009-0121.jpg

No tickets where we went.

Coming up...

Will we get the tix for the Eurostar?
What else is on the agenda?[

Hii! I've seen you post elsewhere and just noticed you have a PTR!

FOR THE EXACT SAME DAYS WE'LL BE THERE!!!

:cool1::cool1:

I have plans to hang out with another DIS'er we met last trip, and to meet up with a new one this time, but I'd love to try to meet even more!! I can't wait to see your plans!

I'm here..

Really enjoying the European vacation-for some reason, I have the Griswold's European Vacation in my head..

Those Roman guys were everywhere, and they always built something to leave their mark.:rotfl:

I'm sitting in my trailer/rv and I am 4 hours from my house. So I can eliminate 4 hours, which means I am 18 hours away from WDW. I told my dh how close we were, and if he wanted to take vacation next week. He just rolled his eyes at me.

I have plans to hang out with another DIS'er we met last trip, and to meet up with a new one this time, but I'd love to try to meet even more!! I can't wait to see your plans!

More DISers at the same time!! Cool! :cool1: I'll be there with 4 other DISfriends!!! Our dates are 10/24-29. We have a meet set. See if it fits into your schedule. If not, maybe we can try something else. Here's the thread....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439870

:welcome:
Hi,
You were reading along on the other thread I had but I deleted it. I am on your thread. I am the one driving to HP one day. I would love to meet up one day. Let me know.

I'm here..

Really enjoying the European vacation-for some reason, I have the Griswold's European Vacation in my head..

Those Roman guys were everywhere, and they always built something to leave their mark.:rotfl:

I'm sitting in my trailer/rv and I am 4 hours from my house. So I can eliminate 4 hours, which means I am 18 hours away from WDW. I told my dh how close we were, and if he wanted to take vacation next week. He just rolled his eyes at me.
:welcome:
Thank you. It was a little better than that. :lmao:
Sounded like a good plan, I think you should have gone for it.

More DISers at the same time!! Cool! :cool1: I'll be there with 4 other DISfriends!!! Our dates are 10/24-29. We have a meet set. See if it fits into your schedule. If not, maybe we can try something else. Here's the thread....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439870
It does not fit mine, I think. Afterwards maybe I can meet some for a drink in WS.

We soon left the area of the dungeons and went to Kings Cross which is also if you walk through St. Pancras which is where the Eurostar ticket agents are and they also take off from here.
We talked to the agent and for $84 euros we could go to Paris, but for $121 euros we can go first class. D liked this idea so we all booked first class. Tix in bag we left. Biff suggested we go to Piccadilly Circus, this would have been easy to do but stubborn that he is acts like he knows it all and takes us down into the tube where the line for it is not running. I suggest following the signs and take the Victoria Line but I was shot down. 10 minutes later he finally agrees to go upstairs and ask, she says to do what I said. I was not happy at this moment. So we finally get on. Very easy to get there. A little tour. It really reminded me of Times Square.

So we exit from the underground and we were hit by people going everywhere.
europe-trip-2009-0122.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0123.jpg

We did go into The Gap to look for a belt for me (I forgot mine) but could not find one.
Then we looked in a souvenir shop. Bought nothing.

Walked.
europe-trip-2009-0124.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0125.jpg

Almost got killed walking across the street. That is the one thing I could not get used to was crossing the street.
europe-trip-2009-0126.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0127.jpg

Hmmm, will we get on one of these while we are here? :confused:
europe-trip-2009-0128.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0129.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0130.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0131.jpg

Then we walked
europe-trip-2009-0132.jpg

europe-trip-2009-0133.jpg

I will stop here.

Where r we going?
What is for lunch?
What are we doing that night?

I am working on Disney update so that should be up later or tomorrow night.

Photobucket just keeps loading so update tomorrow but I do have it written.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter