October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So look what our graphic designer at work did for Kristin and Jesse for the cruise. She was so proud of Kristin getting straight A's in her senior year in college last semester she made a magnet for her. My only contribution to this was the pictures, the software for the background and the idea of the film strip. I did NOTHING else. She put it all together in Photoshop and The Disney Magic Artist Studio.

FilmStripMagnet.jpg

Isn't this beautiful? My kids will have the best magnets on the cruise. Add this magnet to some more that a very special DISer made for them. Equally as awesome!

This is really cute!! I love it!:love:

Dad is 82 and Mom is 81.

Today Claude & I have been talking to Doctors and nursing homes trying to get dad placed. We are going to try to place mom with him because she can't take care of herself. She's not quite as bad as dad though. And we can't work and take care of her.

We're trying to find a cohabitational facility. But Mom first has to go to a rehab hospital for her hip. (which means they'll be seperated for a couple of weeks.)

Knowing this day was going to come doesn't make it any easier.:sad1:

Oh my God... What a nightmare. I need a vacation.

Robin I'm so sorry about your parents.......I know from personal experience that it is not an easy task to take care of those who all your life have been your shining example of strength, dignity and sense of comfort and familiarity. Losing them leaves you in an unfamiliar place. It changes the dynamics of your whole family and forces you to the front of the responsiblity line. But believe me.......there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

It sounds like you have a great support system in place with Mike, your siblings and your children and grand children! Keep faith in that and hold each other up when you need it.......in the end it will all be okay!:hug: :hug:

Linda and Robin--pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for y'all and y'all's families.

As for an update on us, Rob's mom had the mastectomy today and early test results on the lymph nodes are negative. We are very encouraged. More extensive tests are being done on lymph nodes, so we should know more in a few days......... Y'all have a great night.

Little E's in my prayers.......:cutie:

Great news Paige!!! We will keep our fingers and toes crossed until those last "negative" test results come back!!!:thumbsup2

Morning all! Well, my kids are exhausted so they are still sleeping, my DH's flight got cancelled so he is still in DC, and my in-laws are at the hospital, so I have the house to myself and it is soooo quiet!

I just wanted to try to catch up and maybe post a pic..........

What is FO?

How about a pic of Rob at graduation? These were just posted on the Naval Postgraduate School's website, so I thought I'd share........I just can't resist a man in uniform. I know I've said that before......

Sorry if the pic is too big.
RobsGraduation.jpg

What a great picture Paige!.....I have to say the first thing I noticed was that Rob is smiling!?! My brother-in-law was a career Marine and he never smiles in any picture........My other brother-in-law just retired from the Navy...he never smiles in any pictures either! Way to go Rob!!:thumbsup2

by the way, how was your last day at the office?.....I saw you give a final farewell wave.........do they serve cake at those ceremonies?

Lori

How about we send Mackenzie and Julia over to Lindy Loo's to teach that boy and the school some stuff.

Hey that would be great !!! We are both so wound up with the whole dam business, we want to do what Chris suggests .... have a little "chat" with the boys Dad, but actually Im trying to rise above that ! (Well thats what I try to keep telling myself, so I dont actual loose it with them ! )

Lindy loo you have the Patience of a saint dear and the way you and Wayne have conducted yourself throughout is a lesson to us all...Me, I'd be having a "chat" with the kids father by now....Also the teacher saw fit to write you a letter for simply saying something (allegedly)to the kids parents but choose to take no further action when Elouise was physically assaulted by the boy in the play ground,how does that one work?....Don't let it go love...:mad:

Letter has been written, read to solicitor, re written and then SENT to the governors today. They have 3 weeks till end of term, and I WONT let it go! E went and looked at her new school today and seemed to view it all as a bit of an advernture, (which is a great attitude) I am sad that I wont see some of the mums in the playground, over the year we have kind of just started to bond, guess I will have to start again on that one)

Hi everyone... this is Robin.

I haven't had the time to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well.

I don't know how much MIke has told you. I haven't seen him much since I got home from Cincinnati.

I went to work yesterday and my older brother stayed with my mom & dad. My younger brother had some errands to run, so he left. My older brother (Butch) was sitting at the table talking to Mom & Dad when suddenly, my dad jumped up and looked out the window. He then proceeded to grab my brother and said "Get out of here! There's 6 guys out there and I don't want you to get hurt! Butch tried to talk to dad and dad said. HURRY! GET ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE AND GET OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT! So, butch rode about 30 yards down the street and watched my dad running around the house yelling... telling these "Guys" to get out of here. Butch tried to go back to the house but dad then thought he was one of the bad guys and chased him away.

Butch then called me at work and said "Get out right now. Dad's losing it!" He said what should I do? I said "Call 911 for an ambulance and the sheriff."

I work across town. Mom & dad live in a small community outside of town. So I called MIke and said "Get out to Mom & Dad's now. I'll be out there as soon as I can"

I don't know if MIke told you this, but we went through this on Sunday, also.

This is lengthy, & my phone is ringing. I'll finish shorly.

Robin

Robin, so sorry to read your nesws, love and dust stuff to all your family. I understand how work and typig on here is a sense of relief, I fel like it too. Here you have mates, and you can say it how it is with out judgement, just support and kindness. Shame the whole whold doesnt DIS! :disrocks: the world would be a better place !

Linda and Robin--pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for y'all and y'all's families.

As for an update on us, Rob's mom had the mastectomy today and early test results on the lymph nodes are negative. We are very encouraged. More extensive tests are being done on lymph nodes, so we should know more in a few days......... Y'all have a great night.

Little E's in my prayers.......:cutie:

Paige thanks for your kind words. Rob looks very handsome, Wayne will have to scrub up a bit on formal night as Rob will look awesome. I agree I think a man in uniform is very sexy....................... dont worry Im not a weird stalker or man eater. I just wish Wayne had a uniform ( em may be this is getting too much into "adult" content !:rotfl2: !!!!!)

Karen.... did your move go alright???

The weather over the weekend is set to be heavy rain AGAIN!!:mad:

Scott here, OK all ya Wisconsinites, I just got done watching a show on Food network called Road Tasted with the Dean brothers (Paula's sons). So how do I get my hands on a Kringle and Sprecher rootbeer. The kringle was from Bendtsen's Backery. The rootbeer was from the Sprecher brewery. The last stop was at Beechwood Cheese. They had chicken soup cheese. Sounds good.:thumbsup2

Scott--I went past Bendtsen's bakery today. Their kringle is very good--we have at least six different Danish bakeries in town that make kringle--every person in town has their favorite. I like Bendtsen's and O & H bakeries the best. Sprecher Root Beer is made in Milwaukee--very easy to find here in Southeastern Wisconsin. Let me know and I will ship you out a kringle--just let me know which flavor(s) you want. :)

Evening all.

Paige - love the photo...I feel an Officer and Genetleman moment coming on.

Just thought I'd share this(from you know who!)

pinguin2.gif

Have a good'un

heather

I've updated my trip report...that's the lot.

Hope you enjoy.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter