October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbing some lunch and then I have about 30 minutes to kill so I am off to look at Cass's website again.

Here is another stop for us in Key West

For ice cream (homemade, including tropical flavors like soursop and a yummy pina colada), locals skip Ben & Jerry's (although there is one in town) and go to Flamingo Crossing (1105 Duval, 305-296-6124). Gelato and various sorbets are also on the menu. Enjoy your treat ($3.50 for two flavors) in the garden. The building next door at 1107 was constructed in the 1920's using wood and other materials from a World War I blimp hangar.

Thank you Cass. I love Gelato, and of course Scott loves ice cream

Wow, does this fit into the topless thing the guys were talking about yesterday

Garden of Eden (224 Duval (305-296-4565; www.thebullandwhistle.com), above the Bull & Whistle, is Key West's clothing-optional bar. Yes, we mean naked. Venture to the garden at the very top of the building and hope there are people there worth looking at. A favorite activity is getting your body painted. Be aware photos are not allowed. The bar opens daily at 10 a.m., live music starts at 5 p.m. and D.J.'s take over late at night.

We got another update from my mother. She is refusing a second opinion on the stand point that she is very sick of dr's and she feels like they are all giving her the run around. I can see her stand point since April. Also to get in to see a new dr it about 3 to 4 months out. She would really like to get this all taken care of before the cruise. I am going to push her go back and see the heart dr. because some of this does seem heart related. I will see her next Friday with no kids so maybe I can get through to her then.

The name of the procedure she is having done is radio iodine 131 or 129 depending on the amount they use. She had to call the office back and get the name of it from the assistant.

Mets 5/ Brewers 3

Anyone know how the Cubs are doing??

Victoria, are you watching the Brewers game? I’m listening to it here at work, but I’d rather be there. My kids are both at the game today.

How’s your day going? Not at the Brewers game? Hopefully the Cubs will lose..

Hi Victoria and Carrie.:yay:

Hello, now that everyone is coming on I need to get off. I have an appointment to get to. DH is up now so maybe he will jump on in a litte bit. I have accomplished the key west part of cass's website.

Cass,

I just went to watch the newest Kira video and you as Mom-bop! That was precious. I particularly loved the end. It was kind of like:

"mom-bop....mmmmmom-bop....mama..." Happy now mom? Gimme that cracker!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah, that's exactly what it was like! :lmao: There! I said it, now gimme my food!!!!!!!!!

So, we get off the ship, then there will be a security line to leave the port? Or a lineup at customs?

I'm another one from Wisconsin...but I'll be flying from Orlando into Chicago.

I think I will be very happy when all the arrangements for this trip are made...

Jen:upsidedow

No, there's no security when you get off the ship, Rob was thinking of the immigration officers that non-US residents have to go through.

You can usually get off the ship by about 7am, as long as it's cleared by customs and I think the latest to get off is around 9-9:30am but they prefer that you are off by about 8:30. I would get a pickup between 7:30 and 8:30 am, whatever works best for you.

I responded in red

Shirley owns and runs the perfect gift.

Hi there! The cheapest flight we found was actually out of Midway in Chicago. I have never flown out of there so I'm a bit nervous. We'll see how it goes...my head has been spinning from time to time planning this whole trip!

Jen:upsidedow

Jen,

Good luck with that!! I know that is usually the cheapest airport around, but it makes me nervous too--I guess, mainly because I have never used it. Who knows? Maybe you will love it!! :thumbsup2 I know what you mean with the head spinning thing, have you booked your excursions yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter