Oct 2009 Grand Gathering Chit Chat thread

Ok for you Steve, just a little peck on the cheek!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

TEST3.jpg

Needed a bump up

Well, it is official..... We won't be there for the 31st. And unless something happens, we won't be there for the 24th, we may have to leave the 23rd. :sad1::sad1:

I am so bummed! Erica and I are actually talking about going the end of nov to catch the decorations... :(:sad1:

What a crappy day! :furious::furious::furious:

Well, it is official..... We won't be there for the 31st. And unless something happens, we won't be there for the 24th, we may have to leave the 23rd. :sad1::sad1:

I am so bummed! Erica and I are actually talking about going the end of nov to catch the decorations... :(:sad1:

:sad1:
We still have almost a year, things could very well change for the better.

NO WAAAAAY!!!!!!! Dude...we'll miss each other completely!!!! We gotta come up with some kinda solution.

NO WAAAAAY!!!!!!! Dude...we'll miss each other completely!!!! We gotta come up with some kinda solution.

This is why I'm staying flexible!

We ate at Louisiana at F&W and they had a great band there and better food. Had a good time! I wanna do that with all you guys

This is why I'm staying flexible!

We ate at Louisiana at F&W and they had a great band there and better food. Had a good time! I wanna do that with all you guys

We saw those guys Al! The jumbaliah was really GOOD! And the beer was decent too! We had a good laugh because of all of the booths at F&W we stayed the longest in Louisiana....even longer than the Australia walkabout (which i was not impressed with).

Did you proudly sport your purple beads back to the resort? :laughing: ;)

We saw those guys Al! The jumbaliah was really GOOD! And the beer was decent too! We had a good laugh because of all of the booths at F&W we stayed the longest in Louisiana....even longer than the Australia walkabout (which i was not impressed with).

Did you proudly sport your purple beads back to the resort? :laughing: ;)

Beads----I have some Beads for you.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Note to BDR: Bring lots of BEADS from Louisiana or stop in Mobile AL at the bead warehouse (AKA Mardigras supply) and pick up some cases

Beads are an easy "bring" for me...no problem!!

Al...that band wasnt by any chance named "the radiators" was it? I havent seen them in many years, so they may very well be rounder in their older age...and if thats NOT them...they sure have that same Dr. John sound, dont they...I wish you had more footage, they sound great!!!

Jen said she will be there, but she'll be in the form of a checker at Target. And a guy. But she'll be there!

(Sorry Jen, couldn't resist. Smile!!!!)

We'll be there 2 weeks before Halloween, the weekend of Oct 16th thru the 18th. Going to be getting a cabin, since we'll have our little family and then some of our crazy friends and family, going to be a crowded bunch ;)

We were there for this past Halloween, we stayed on the Big Bear path, right across from the comfort station, had the Halloween decoration that sang "I've got you babe" from Sonny and Cher. Was a great time, got to see the golf cart parade and all. Going to be a lot more packed this year with Halloween falling right on a Saturday (at least with Friday, not as many people make the trip), so we decided we would make the trip with a little less people and during a more off time. Didn't want to bring the camper this time, since we won't be spending much time at the Fort.

You guys should have a blast at Halloween, it really is a great time. It was decorated a lot more than I remember it ever beeing (although I hadn't seen it at Halloween in years, mainly as a kid). Also, they have a lot more activities (spread out across multiple days, so even those of you that are there Thur/Fri get some activities) than I ever would have thought. From the golf cart parade, to scavenger hunts, to pumpking carving contests.

Oh, one quick little story from last Halloween. One site was really decorated to all get out, lots of decorations, couldn't believe how many they had actually, must have taken a bunch of time. Well, they have a contest that determines who wins "Scariest Site" (whatever it's called). Well, this site didn't win, and they were not happy, and were literally screaming at the judges in front of everyone on Big Bear Path. They were upset that they though theirs was more family friends, and that the other ones were more scary and not in the theme of Disney. Caused a huge ruckus, I felt pretty bad for the people next door to them (who I believe won 3rd place). Sometimes people get REALLY into these contests, just a FYI ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter