November 2012 Car Rental Deals

So, after much looking around/playing with codes etc, I tried Hotwire again tonight. My dates are Nov. 29-Dec 4. Cheapest I had gotten directly was $232.89 with Dollar/ code V05013. Tried Hotwire tonight--got a total rate of $126.74. Was worried because the agency would be revealed after I booked. Decided the $100 savings was worth the gamble. Got ALAMO. Only negative is I can't use any express program or change rates, but I'm okay with the rate I got. It's done and I can check it off the list! Just wanted to share my experience-it was the first time I used Hotwire.

For those getting good deals with Alamo right now, would you please list the codes you are using. Thanks! :=)

I used costco and visa
costco: 7015309
Visa $30 off coupon: AD2338FDF
anyone with Master Card can use this one: AD2335FDC

It's about time these rates dropped!!!
I booked a standard for Thanksgiving for $116!!

Just reserved ALamo for 11/28-12/3/12
Full size car
Used Insider's code and Visa Coupon $30 off

Total with tax and coupons is $117

Not bad, but would like it to go lower :)

I used costco and visa
costco: 7015309
Visa $30 off coupon: AD2338FDF
anyone with Master Card can use this one: AD2335FDC

It's about time these rates dropped!!!
I booked a standard for Thanksgiving for $116!!

Agreed! I just saved $250 on my parents' reservation for Fort Myers for 3 weeks in early December. Our rates for an MCO pick up RSW drop off are still high, but I'm hopeful seeing rates starting to come down to more usual rates.

Alamo finally came through last night. Nov 24 - 29, pickup at MCO Full size car $128.63 including taxes. :thumbsup2

Got it using the Fall Visa codes and my insider ID.

My Alamo rental dropped another $4.39! LOL

Standard (Full @ MCO) 11/14-11/23
Insider's ID code
VISA coupon AD2338FDF

$172.62 total

I'm in NJ still with no power and limited cell access...does anyone know if rates went down from nov 6-13 for a large car or small SUV? Thanks

I'm in NJ still with no power and limited cell access...does anyone know if rates went down from nov 6-13 for a large car or small SUV? Thanks

First, I am so sorry! We are going around the same time and rates have more than doubled! If you add your times, I'll check again.

katallo said:
First, I am so sorry! We are going around the same time and rates have more than doubled! If you add your times, I'll check again.

Thanks so much! We are fortunate to have only lost power and have a great trip to look forward to! Our times are
7:00 pm 11/6 to 12:00 pm on 11/13

Thanks. I can only hope you have better rates than this. Fullsize cars: Dollar 228.00, Alamo, 398.00. Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks for checking. I greatly appreciate it! I will keep the small SUV using the Wedie code for $200 w $30 back upon return,

Thanks again!

We are flying in to Sandford/Orlando for the first time and need to get a rental. Can someone help? 4people,Nov10- 19.

Well, I started this thread months ago and eventually found a rental rate that was agreeable to me for a pickup on Nov 2. Our trip was cancelled due to the hurricane and now I need to start the whole process over for a January rental. I was so glad to have this done and behind me and now I get to go thru it again. Frustrated but feeling blessed the our family is all ok and thankful we are not dealing with all the problems that those in NJ and NY are having to suffer through.

Just rebooked again today with Alamo. Joined insiders group so hubby can drive free. Got a full size car for 149 an change. Best rate I have found for Nov 14th- Nov 21st. I think this will be better and have more space than a intermediate SUV with budget.

Alamo is down again this morning, 11/23-11/30, standard car for $135 total. Using insiders code and Mastercard AD2335FDC. :cool1:

Well, I started this thread months ago and eventually found a rental rate that was agreeable to me for a pickup on Nov 2. Our trip was cancelled due to the hurricane and now I need to start the whole process over for a January rental. I was so glad to have this done and behind me and now I get to go thru it again. Frustrated but feeling blessed the our family is all ok and thankful we are not dealing with all the problems that those in NJ and NY are having to suffer through.

I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip. We both have been on this thread forever! Good to hear that you and your family are allokay! Hope you find a great deal on that rental car.

Just bumping this back up. Well, mine hasn't changes but I can live with the price, $172 total for the Standard (Full size at MCO) considering it started out well over $500. We leave in 6 days and I'll continue checking for any changes.
It's been rather quiet here. Anyone else have any luck?

I got my reservation down, it's for 11/23-11/30 (plus 4 hours) at MCO, standard car $135 with Alamo.

I used the insiders and Mastercard $30 coupon. I have discovered that Sundays and Monday morning first thing are when Alamo prices are way down, come mid day on Monday they go back up for the rest of the week. Try on Sunday this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter