November 2012 Car Rental Deals

My 9 day minivan rental (11/1 10am-11/9 6pm) through Dollar just went down from $316 to $297! Yay!! I hope it keeps going down!!

My 9 day minivan rental (11/1 10am-11/9 6pm) through Dollar just went down from $316 to $297! Yay!! I hope it keeps going down!!

Alamo has a minivan for your dates for $277-292 depending on what codes you use that you are eligible for. I know sometimes people prefer Alamo, so just wanted to let you know. :thumbsup2

7015765 - 30% off - Southwest ID
7015504 - 15% off - Visa ID
7015309 - 15% off - Costco ID

AD2338FDF - $30 off (Visa Coupon)
AD2335FDC - $30 off (Mastercard Coupon)

Alamo has a minivan for your dates for $277-292 depending on what codes you use that you are eligible for. I know sometimes people prefer Alamo, so just wanted to let you know. :thumbsup2

Is the Southwest ID for Rapids Rewards members or is it something different? Thanks for this helpful information!

Is the Southwest ID for Rapids Rewards members or is it something different? Thanks for this helpful information!

I found it on the southwest website when I googled "southwest alamo promo code". We are flying southwest and are members, so I'm happy to use it, but I don't see why you'd have to be a member to use it. It isn't a company employee corporate code or anything, and you don't have to login in to see it either.

I think that if you provide your RR number with the Alamo reservation, you get double points or something. We don't fly enough to use that kind of promo, so I haven't stayed on top of all the rapid rewards details. :confused3 Hope this didn't confuse you! :laughing:

I tried using the Southwest ID and the Visa Coupon, but it comes up at over $600. What pickup location did you use?

I tried using the Southwest ID and the Visa Coupon, but it comes up at over $600. What pickup location did you use?

Nevermind, I found it using MCO as a pickup location. I had tried Disneys Care car Center. Thanks for the info!

The Alamo codes worked for me. I got a standard from 11/29-12/10 for $217. Still $60 more than I spent for exact time last year, but I'm happy with that. I'm going to keep checking until our trip, but I can definitely stomach that amount. Thanks for those codes!

Crud, it worked for me last night, but I was tired and decided to wait until today, and now it went way up.

The rates for Alamo did go up slightly. When entered my dates, my ID codes are no longer giving me a discount. It shows that it is applied, but it no longer brings up a percentage off in the (XX.XX) on the side. I think this is pretty normal for the end of the weekend though. I hope to see the rate drop again towards the end of the week. I can't remember the specific reason/rumor why this happens, but I've seen it before! Here's to waiting for another drop next week! popcorn::

It still shows me a discount, but the van is about $200 more for the two weeks, than last night.

The rates for Alamo did go up slightly. When entered my dates, my ID codes are no longer giving me a discount. It shows that it is applied, but it no longer brings up a percentage off in the (XX.XX) on the side. I think this is pretty normal for the end of the weekend though. I hope to see the rate drop again towards the end of the week. I can't remember the specific reason/rumor why this happens, but I've seen it before! Here's to waiting for another drop next week! popcorn::

Prices are staring to fluctuate for my Nov 3- Nov 10 trip ( but we are flying into TPA). Right now, Enterprise has a full size for 156 ( that includes all the fees taxes, etc)
I have an intermediate with Budget right now 185 (wendie code) I also have coupon that is supposed to be 30 off when car is returned, but wendie code is supposedly not combinable - can anyone confirm?

I'd rather used Budget than Enterprise (though I much prefer Alamo and National, but their rates are still sky high).

Last year, same week, I got a full size from Alamo for $86, which included all taxes and fees. I am pretty sure that won't happen again, though...

Prices are staring to fluctuate for my Nov 3- Nov 10 trip ( but we are flying into TPA). Right now, Enterprise has a full size for 156 ( that includes all the fees taxes, etc)
I have an intermediate with Budget right now 185 (wendie code) I also have coupon that is supposed to be 30 off when car is returned, but wendie code is supposedly not combinable - can anyone confirm?

I'd rather used Budget than Enterprise (though I much prefer Alamo and National, but their rates are still sky high).

Last year, same week, I got a full size from Alamo for $86, which included all taxes and fees. I am pretty sure that won't happen again, though...

In April I also had an 86 dollar (taxes included!) rate for 9 days ! I keep hoping for that again ! :lmao:

This morning I beat my dollar rental, using Budget BCD U030073 and MUGZ029 (Costco coupon for 30 off) my total will be 166 after that coupon is applied, this is for a full size car.... Hope this helps someone ! It beat the wendie code for me

Whoops! Sorry I didn't mention that. Hope the codes helped!

I booked using the Southwest ID (we are flying Southwest) and the VISA coupon. Do you think I will need to show them anything for the VISA coupon?

I ended up getting a van at $277 for the 9 days! Thanks again!:yay:

Whazzatk said:
I booked using the Southwest ID (we are flying Southwest) and the VISA coupon. Do you think I will need to show them anything for the VISA coupon?

I ended up getting a van at $277 for the 9 days! Thanks again!:yay:

I've never had to show a coupon (visa or otherwise) since we always use the kiosk.

If you look on the visa website under car rentals. There is a link for Alamo that shows the coupon code. Some people like the peace of mind and print the info. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are flying into TPA in December and the best I could get was 221 with Wendie for a full size. I didn't note coupons were not combineable with Wendie. It allowed met o put one in when I made the reservation!

I also wish Alamo/National would come down! Their prices aren't moving for me. I got excited when I read a couple of the other threads but it didn't help me :confused:

Looking for the best I can get for Nov 22-26 out of Sanford. Is everything at Sanford on site?? I have never flown in there before.

Rates just dropped for Alamo. Nov15-22 Standard Car for $131 using MasterCard and Costco codes. Includes taxes and fees...not as good as last year, but much better then it was!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Rates just dropped for Alamo. Nov15-22 Standard Car for $131 using MasterCard and Costco codes. Includes taxes and fees...not as good as last year, but much better then it was!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Glad they dropped for you! I'm a couple weeks ahead so my rates have actually gone up since the big drop last week. Looks like it this drop will work well for people going towards the middle-end of November.

Rates at Alamo have gone waaaay up for my dates this morning. My rental for a Standard Nov 14-23 is now $469 using my Insiders ID code and the VISA coupon AD2338FDF. Interesting to note that the Full Size is the exact same price. Still hoping my $183 will come down some more over the next 3 weeks.
But considering it started out close to $600, I can live with it. Still checking numerous times a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter