No Flash Pictures Please --- Redux

Thank you for your post. Sometimes ones voyage can go off without incident, then there are other times when that is not the case. Disney's no flash photography really needs to be better enforced in my opinion.

~~ I love you Phil, and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

I'm guilty of this sometimes. It's just that I have a pocket camera or sometimes even a cellphone and it would look pitch black without flash. And about the video cams, my camera can't record if the LCD screen is closed. It automatically pauses so I need to keep it open.

I'm guilty of this sometimes. It's just that I have a pocket camera or sometimes even a cellphone and it would look pitch black without flash. And about the video cams, my camera can't record if the LCD screen is closed. It automatically pauses so I need to keep it open.

I don't think the fact that you can't get a good picture without using flash justifies ruining the ride for others. If you want to take pictures on dark rides, get a camera that can do it.

As for the video cam, you could get a piece of black cloth to cover the LCD screen while you're recording. If it's not too thick, you should still be able to see enough of the screen to know that you're shooting without the bright screen ruining others experience.

I don't think the fact that you can't get a good picture without using flash justifies ruining the ride for others. If you want to take pictures on dark rides, get a camera that can do it.

As for the video cam, you could get a piece of black cloth to cover the LCD screen while you're recording. If it's not too thick, you should still be able to see enough of the screen to know that you're shooting without the bright screen ruining others experience.

Great idea about the black cloth to cover the screen! I love that idea!!

I've got a "pocket" camera too but I always turn the flash off so I don't ruin the ride for others. or cause migraines, which (if you read back) has actually happened to me..... :)

Thanks for the black cloth tip, definitely gonna try that :)

As for the flash I guess I just didn't think much of it because I personally have never feel annoyed by the flash from other people. If any I always thought it makes me be able to see more detail of the puppets/characters lol. It never occurred to me that others may feel annoyed by that until this thread. I definitely gonna try not to take any pic with flash next time.

F L A S H ..... :faint:

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

I have a DSLR and I use my 1.8 lens without a flash in low light settings. That lens lets in so much light that the photos often turn out better than flash photos.

I agree I always try and ride pirates in the front row because then the flashers are behind me. Once my little sister flat out told some flashers to stop they said it wasnt them and she was like I just watched you. The fact of the matter is that some people are inconsiderate and it doesn't matter to them weather or not
their flash is disturbing your ride experience all that matters is there grainy over exposed pictures of pirates :confused3 its best to try not to let it bother you or try and avoid it by using tricks like sitting in the front row on pirates.

I agree Teki, and I am glad that your daughter did say something to the annoying one.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Ah... an oldie but a goodie... and never out of style

and just a nice, kind, friendly reminder by the pirates and their crew.

I would like to know, seeing how I do not know that much about cameras, whether or not, one can take pictures of dark rides,without using flash photography?
Now, the reason for my query, is simple. I am sick to death of people using flash photography on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride attraction. It is Disney's policy that on that ride and the Haunted Mansion, that this type of photography is not allowed!
The reason for that being, it can and DOES disturb the ride experience for the rest of the visitors, and it can disrupt the sensors on these rides.

PLEASE PEOPLE NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALLOWED! ON THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN RIDE ATTRACTION NOR THE HAUNTED MANSION!

PLACE OUT OF VIEW ALL FLASHING OR BLINKING NECKLACES, BRACELETS, PINS ETC! NONE OF US WANT TO SEE THAT EITHER!

I think you can take pictures without a flash if you have a nice enough camera. I don't have a fancy camera and mine takes horrible pictures without the flash and while moving. Rather than be rude and disruptive I don't take pictures! I would never want to ruin the experience for someone else. Like I always remind my kids, we are very lucky to be able to go to DL frequently. For many people that is their first and only time on that ride. They deserve to ride in peace!

There are now so many good quality videos of rides on YouTube, so we can relax and enjoy the ride, instead of trying to get photos and videos and disturbing others in the process. Most people really don't understand how distracting and bothersome the flash and lights on iPads, iPhones, and recorder displays can be.
And, just a reminder, the issue of flash photography on dark rides is not just a matter of bothering others -- for some, it can be a serious health issue. The flash can cause a migraine or other health problem. Speaking from experience, nothing ruins your day at the park like someone repeatedly shooting off a flash in your face so that you can suffer from a very painful migraine for the rest of the day.

Thank you Dot and Lucky for your posts.

I figure what with the ever increasing technology for electronic recording devices, it should become easier and easier to take pictures on dark rides without disrupting the peace of other people. People just need to read the operating manual for their device.

It's not that they don't read their manuals, it's the fact that most DSLR cameras now these days have automatic sensors for flash. the auto on/auto off for flash is right in the settings on the camera itself. They just need to remember to turn the flash off. Besides to get a good dark ride photo you need to set your EC at the lowest possible setting and change to Aperture Priority or Shutter priority.

My friend always comes with me on our trips. And when she does she brings her DS7 on most the trips. Her son has a disease called Photosensitive epilepsy. When he is in a dark room and suddenly lights pop up out of nowhere he can have a seizure. He is fine as long as we can tell him ahead of time like in HM when it becomes pitch black and then lightning and thunder hit we can tell him and he is absolutely fine. But when we were on Peter Pan we were flying over Neverland and the ship behind us decided to take a picture and long story short we spent the rest of the evening in the hospital. Please be courteous to others you don't know what harm you could be doing just to get the "right picture". You can find the same ones on the internet. Thank you.

Well said Beth. I sure am sorry for that experience.
And I hope that sort of thing does not occur during your next trip, so your friends son won't be affected like that again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You really do wonder what goes through peoples minds. I mean here is this dark atmospheric ride (POTC), gee let's ruin it for everyone on the boat by starting a strobe light show with my camera despite the signs that say no flash photography and, very often, the ride operator telling people just before launch - "No Flash Photography".

Sigh. Oh well. It's a me me me society :rolleyes:

pirate:pirate:pirate:

Jerry Horne said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You really do wonder what goes through peoples minds. I mean here is this dark atmospheric ride (POTC), gee let's ruin it for everyone on the boat by starting a strobe light show with my camera despite the signs that say no flash photography and, very often, the ride operator telling people just before launch - "No Flash Photography".

Sigh. Oh well. It's a me me me society :rolleyes:

pirate:pirate:pirate:

Thank you for visiting me thread. :)
I agree. Common sense really should tell a person how to conduct themselves on not just a dark ride, but any ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter