News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Great TV show alert!!!

It's not Disney, but it is Jim Henson and I think some of you on here will appreciate it as it captures imagination like Disney does.

The Dark Crystal - Age of Resistance is now on Netflix and it is AMAZING!!! Not just the story (which is very epic/Lord of The Rings feeling), but the puppets are just phenomenal. Blew us away.

I am super excited it turned out so well as I was a big fan of the original from my youth.

:)
Dh can’t wait for this!
NEWS

WDW parks to close early tomorrow for Dorian: AK and DHS at 2pm and MK and EP at 3pm

Today has been weird. One minute the skies look like they could just open up then the next minute they are blue. The wind has really picked up the last several hours. Looks like a real rain out for tomorrow. We have evening plans so hopefully this thing blows over by then.
Great news as hopefully this mean's Dorian is staying more out to sea and affecting less of Florida. Praying for all those dealing with this storm.

Yep, they've got to keep the revenue flowing in from the Food and Wine Festival kiosks!
I was there from 2-7. EPCOT was dead and only 1/4th of the Food and Wine kiosks remained open after 3 (original closing time). So, I wouldn’t say they kept it open for Food and Wine. Also, most of World Showcase was closed but we could still walk around each pavilion. Very minimal merchandise, quick service, and attractions were operating. However, I enjoyed getting many pictures of an EMPTY EPCOT! :)

Last edited:

It’s a little confusing. The itinerary still shows the Dream going to Castaway Cay tomorrow but the announcement states they are awaiting equipment to evaluate the pier and channel before they can welcome any guests.

I’m thankful CC faired so we’ll with the storm but can’t see how the Dream can go there tomorrow based on information quotes.

Again a million in the schemes of thing isnt that much money. Considering that most of the cruise lines that have private Islands in the Bahammas, make it key parts of the Itinerary of there trips, a million dollars isnt a whole lot of money.

Disney also has a larger incentive to be more supportive than the other cruise lines. After all I assume when Disney finally gets around to developing Lighthouse Point and spending millions of dollars there, and since they already agreed to staffing construction and training to be done by the local Bahammians, it might be nice to have a even better working relationship with the people of the Bahammas. Disneys coffers are overflowing and Disney is looking to the Bahammas as a key part of there Cruise Line profit margin and expansion. If I was Disney, I would invest much more then the other corps, not only for PR purposes but to help shore up and further the future construction and cruiseline expansion they are putting in the area. In the end it might make since for business purposes to pledge more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter