News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the usual turn around for flower and garden? I’ll be arriving a week or so after this one ends. Hoping to catch F&G.
Last year it ended on Feb 25 and F&G started on May 6. I was there the last day of the festival and there were already some flower sculptures out.

I love the festival of the Arts, the only problem is I always want to spend way to much money on Disney art it makes me spend way to much.

yeah, that is definitely one aspect I am worried about! Hopefully a good chance to meet and interact with some of the artists though / get some things signed and not *just* buy things

yeah, that is definitely one aspect I am worried about! Hopefully a good chance to meet and interact with some of the artists though / get some things signed and not *just* buy things
I know what you mean My wife and I got several Prints signed this year, and I almost was tempted to spend a couple grand on a actual canvas painting, its fun to meet the artists and watch those who paint while there. We had to have this one signed to have it added to our tiki room in the house. My one piece of advice during the festival of the arts is remember, it all can be shipped back to your house, also if you want to try your hand at dyeing your own scarf it isnt that expensive for AP members.

Last edited:
What’s the usual turn around for flower and garden? I’ll be arriving a week or so after this one ends. Hoping to catch F&G.
It’s usually a week to a week and a half. In 2019 festival of the arts ended on 2/25 and flower and garden started on 3/6.

This is one I'm having trouble understanding the rationale for. Are they moving in and out heavy machinery for Club 33 and need some semblance of daylight? It's very weird.

The only thing I can think of is it is a cost cutting thing and that it will wind up being more dates, this is just the start. Otherwise, seems silly for it to only impact those few dates (unless for something like what you describe)

The only thing I can think of is it is a cost cutting thing and that it will wind up being more dates, this is just the start. Otherwise, seems silly for it to only impact those few dates (unless for something like what you describe)
I could see that if it was only Africa. However this including Pandora makes me think its more maintenance, and other stuff like that. While yes closing Pandora would save money keeping that land open which is the most popular area in the park also makes money.

They have no problem closing the entire park at 8, they do it all the time, so I don't know why they would keep the park open past 8 except it's most popular attractions unless there was a more specific driver than cost. Usually the things they close early are either animals who go to bed or reasonably high capacity rides that they'd rather people ride when the park is busiest (FW West sorry World Nature, DINOSAUR)

I could see that if it was only Africa. However this including Pandora makes me think its more maintenance, and other stuff like that. While yes closing Pandora would save money keeping that land open which is the most popular area in the park also makes money.

yeah, I was suprised about Pandora being part of it as adding that land was supposed to be a key part to enable to park to be open into the evening, so closing it early seems odd - maybe it is just maintenance or road work on that side of the park ... can't be anything too major if just those few days though

Could be maintenance in various areas, or corporate events that have rented areas out as well.

i thought about private events but the fact it is mutliple nights and multiple areas (not *just* Pandora or whatever) made me think not that, but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter