News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Disney announces Frozen Fan Fest starting this Friday

basically you can start to buy a bunch of new merchandise and then use #FrozenFanFest when posting on social media about the new merchandise you just purchased

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2019/10/01/disney-frozen-fan-fest-activities-offerings-more/

.... I wish you could see my eyes rolling into the back of my head right now.

But I'm guessing they get willing participation or they wouldn't do it....

I am sure ... And I don't really mind it if it was just one park of said "fan fest" but merchandise related things seem to be about 98% of it

gotta love the start of a new fiscal year!

Just to highlight one thing, since I know a lot of people like them, one thing that increased is the refillable mugs that went from $18.99 to $19.99
That is tough. They already have limited value considering they can only be used in the resorts. I have gotten them, but usually shared with my wife and more for the mug itself. Some days you just arent in the resort enough to give it value.

I wonder how popular they would be if it wasnt for the Dining plan?

Once my wife discovered the coffee is free (there is no chip reader in them) ..we just used our old ones for water and coffee. Not sure we will get one again -- or if we do ..just get one for the mug design as a souvenir.

I would pay for a cheaper refill option than buying a new mug every time.

Still surprised they have not offered a park refillable mug. What would that price have to be? $40-50?
But my guess is those would still be VERY heavily used and cause a lot of congestion and messes at the self-serve soda stations.

That is tough. They already have limited value considering they can only be used in the resorts. I have gotten them, but usually shared with my wife and more for the mug itself. Some days you just arent in the resort enough to give it value.

I wonder how popular they would be if it wasnt for the Dining plan?

Once my wife discovered the coffee is free (there is no chip reader in them) ..we just used our old ones for water and coffee. Not sure we will get one again -- or if we do ..just get one for the mug design as a souvenir.

I would pay for a cheaper refill option than buying a new mug every time.

Still surprised they have not offered a park refillable mug. What would that price have to be? $40-50?
But my guess is those would still be VERY heavily used and cause a lot of congestion and messes at the self-serve soda stations.

To be fair - the coffee isn't SUPPOSED to be free, there just isn't a chip reader. The iced tea doesn't have one either.

I would love to be able to re-use mugs. We DO find value in this program because we are usually awake in the room for a while once our kids have gone to bed, and we will use the mugs a few times a day for that reason.

Well, not necessarily. Look at Galaxy's Edge... I find it interesting that ride waits for FoP have kept up their high wait times and now most of the time you can get on the falcon for around 30.
So they do miscalculate sometimes.

And wow, yeah...they are sure pushing the junk merch everywhere they can. Gotta make up for revenue somewhere. I wonder if its working.

Well, not necessarily. Look at Galaxy's Edge... I find it interesting that ride waits for FoP have kept up their high wait times and now most of the time you can get on the falcon for around 30.
So they do miscalculate sometimes.

And wow, yeah...they are sure pushing the junk merch everywhere they can. Gotta make up for revenue somewhere. I wonder if its working.
Unfortunately because FOP has FP attached to it it won't be a true apples to apples comparison with wait times.

That said my gut, which I have no evidence to back it up, is if FOP didn't have FP it would still be seen as more desired/well received between the two.

Unfortunately because FOP has FP attached to it it won't be a true apples to apples comparison with wait times.

That said my gut, which I have no evidence to back it up, is if FOP didn't have FP it would still be seen as more desired/well received between the two.

What was the rationale behind no FastPass+ for Smuggler's Run off the bat? Any word on when they will turn it on? Wait until Rise of the Resistance opens to offer FastPass+ for Smuggler's Run to inflate the wait time so they can push the narrative that Galaxy's Edge wasn't busy from the start because it only had one ride?

What was the rationale behind no FastPass+ for Smuggler's Run off the bat? Any word on when they will turn it on? Wait until Rise of the Resistance opens to offer FastPass+ for Smuggler's Run to inflate the wait time so they can push the narrative that Galaxy's Edge wasn't busy from the start because it only had one ride?
I honestly have no idea.

Maybe they thought people would get too defeated if they couldn't get a FP for it which could cause guest disatisfaction and/or they didn't want to deal with the initial planning on just how many FPs to release.

I could see them either adding it in when Rise opens up or maybe a few months later. It would be great IMO if we could see how Rise does without FP though for a while.

I had forgotten and underestimated how nice it can be to just decide to go on a ride rather than feel like I need to try to get a FP for it. Like I had to keep reminding myself at DLR that Pirates doesn't have FP lol.

Some people feel like they have to obtain a FP for a particular ride or it's a no-go and with how the threads went with 7DMT, FOP and SDD in terms to "I can't get a FP...what do I do now" I can only imagine how that's going to be with the two Star Wars rides once FP is added unless they do what Universal did and wait for a long time. But I think they've conditioned their guests to expect FP so I doubt they feel they can get away with it not having it for too too long.

I think one of the reasons was that they believed that the land would reach capacity and did not want a repeat of Pandora with people with FP not being able to get into the land?

I don't know the official reason but I think it is tied to it being only 1 ride - especially with MMRR being pushed back - and the thinking that everyone would want the FP for that 1 ride and then if you couldn't get one, assuming the crowds were what they were expecting, the non-FP line would be like 8 hours long. FP works best when there are several key rides that most people want so everyone is happy, at least a bit, to get a FP for at least one ride they want. But when only really 1 ride, it doesn't work

Also, they were expecting the land itself to be at capacity but if people have FPs you have to let them into the land so it makes it harder to manage crowds

Plus, if there were technical issues with the ride, you have to manage the crowds of the people with FPs who then are bunched up with the FP people in the later time slots so now the FP line is hours long, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter