News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome thanks, have you gone during this week before? What should I be expecting? We arrive on Monday so ive heard most people from Jersey Week dont show up until that Wednesday/Thursday. You think the crowd levels will be unbearable or just fine? Saw on TP how they dont have any days besides epcot being high. We are going to DHS 11/5, MK 11/6, Epcot 11/7 and then the party 11/8! Hopefully TP is right because they have my first days as a 5/6 which doesnt seem to crazy.
We are going to the party on 11/8, too! We’ve been during Jersey week in the past and it’s usually busiest on the weekend. The weekdays should be ok and mk on Friday should be good too since it’s a party day. Most people from nj do fly down on Wednesday night (like us!) or Thursday. Some people with younger kids will take them out of school and head down earlier in the week.
Have a fun trip!!

We are going to the party on 11/8, too! We’ve been during Jersey week in the past and it’s usually busiest on the weekend. The weekdays should be ok and mk on Friday should be good too since it’s a party day. Most people from nj do fly down on Wednesday night (like us!) or Thursday. Some people with younger kids will take them out of school and head down earlier in the week.
Have a fun trip!!
Great thats what I figured, my wife is a teacher(NJ lol) too so thats why we are going this week as she is off the entire week! You too, have a great trip!

So, from what I've seen, Smuggler's Run has a functional ride capacity of 1,500/hour. At 30 minute wait, that would mean there are approximately 750 people in line. From what I've seen/heard on a few different sites/podcasts, it is thought that Disney allots 80%-90% of a ride's hourly capacity to FastPass+.

So, if it's 80%, then that means 20% of the hourly capacity would go towards the standby line. That would mean that standby at Smuggler's Run (if there's FP+) would allow 300 people through an hour, with 1,200 going to FP+. So, in theory, if the same # of people were in the standby line as currently there for the 30-minute-wait (750), then the standby wait would balloon to 2-1/2 hours. Now, obviously a number of those 750 would get FPs and would go at that time, but nevertheless, that's the idea.

I don't entirely understand how not having FP+ actually makes it substantially better, since in theory the same # of people are riding each hour, although I would guess that it's a bit more efficient with only one line, increasing the functional capacity and getting it closer to the theoretical one. It also likely improves the experience for a greater # of people, since there is more freedom of when to ride involved, etc., etc.

My thoughts exactly, but I couldn't explain it as well as you have.

Where was the 2015 Frozen Summer ice skating at HS & what is the current use of that building?

I am kind of hoping that they reopen the Frozen themed ice skating for next Summer again after F2 is out

We just missed last time and that is something that actually seems like a fun inside activity when its 90+deg with 99% humidity and a 99% of a T-storm

Where was the 2015 Frozen Summer ice skating at HS & what is the current use of that building?

I am kind of hoping that they reopen the Frozen themed ice skating for next Summer again after F2 is out

We just missed last time and that is something that actually seems like a fun inside activity when its 90+deg with 99% humidity and a 99% of a T-storm
I did some googling, and it looks like that's the space where they built the 3rd Toy Story Mania track.

Yep, that space is what used to be Who Wants to be a Millionaire, then was used as a shop for the 25th anniversary, for SWW, and for the Frozen thing, and is now the lovely new, smooth third track for TSM.

I agree. One element that I don't think is factored in enough to that article is the fact the land isn't complete - you are still missing the #1 element / attraction. So that combined with the other factors I think further motivates people to wait. I just think the group of people that would schedule a trip just for an incomplete land was smaller than they anticipated and most Disney Fans are excited to see the land on their next regularly scheduled trip but aren't making a separate trip for it

Hope there is enough room at the Burbank(?) corporate HQ for the topiary hedge that reads, 'NEVER open a new land before the E ticket ride is up and running.'

REALLY liked the soundtrack overall...but “A Whole New World” at the end was super random. 🤔 Couldn’t resist throwing an IP in there!

EDIT: I get that they probably used it to tie in World Showcase, but didn’t Tapestry do that??

I thought that was weird, too. Honestly, aside from Imagination and Tapestry of Nations I don't even remember the other old Epcot songs. I would've been happier keeping the Illuminations music with the new fireworks and kites.

I thought that was weird, too. Honestly, aside from Imagination and Tapestry of Nations I don't even remember the other old Epcot songs. I would've been happier keeping the Illuminations music with the new fireworks and kites.

I loved that they had bits of Listen to the Land and Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit in there and things like Tomorrow's Child and Soarin' ... All those are parts of why I love EPCOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter