News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this sort of similar to the accent painting on the buildings in Tomorrowland at MK? Or are they not angled like this... I forget already. Hard to keep up.

definitely along those lines as far as the angles - though these appear much "brighter" than the Tomorrowland ones which are a bit more pastel to me (no like "hot pink" there)

NEWS

Disney Patents "Capturepult" Mechanism for Water Rides

Idea of being able to control the speed of flume rides more - to maybe stop a boat for a show scene and then move it quicker through areas - could be cool. I think that could add a bit even to something like Na'vi River Journey to be able to stop the boats during the shamen scene and then push them forward quicker to the load/unload

Wonder if this could also replace some of the bumpy belt ramps they use to get the boats up up to the load/unload ... also potentially control the boats to avoid "bumping" that can happen if they back up

Last edited:
Something tells me that trying to leave Epcot after Illuminations is going to be dicey... it's already pretty congested at that point but funneling everyone to the right side of the old fountain is going to be quite a trick.... hope they keep Mouse Gear open at least so we can spend some time shopping while waiting for the crowds to clear.

Yeah, that does not look pleasant. When is the wider path by Imagination/Canada opening?

NEWS

Disney Patents "Capturepult" Mechanism for Water Rides

Idea of being able to control the speed of flume rides more - to maybe stop a boat for a show scene and then move it quicker through areas - could be cool. I think that could add a bit even to something like Na'vi River Journey to be able to stop the boats during the shamen scene and then push them forward quicker to the load/unload

Wonder if this could also replace some of the bumpy belt ramps they use to get the boats up up to the load/unload ... also potentially control the boats to avoid "bumping" that can happen if they back up

If this could replace the bumpy belt ramps, I would love to see it added to FEA

Epcot is going to be pretty ugly for a few years .. just how AK was about 4-5 or so years ago (when they were doing a lot of construction (for Harambe Market and Rivers of Light) and there were a lot of walls up in the pathways). At least with DHS (as awful as it was from an attraction standpoint the last 3 years), had all its construction in the "back" of the park.

But ya .. probably more of an issue exiting after the night show. Coming in, it will be ugly, but not too bad to get around.

Epcot is going to be pretty ugly for a few years .. just how AK was about 4-5 or so years ago (when they were doing a lot of construction (for Harambe Market and Rivers of Light) and there were a lot of walls up in the pathways). At least with DHS (as awful as it was from an attraction standpoint the last 3 years), had all its construction in the "back" of the park.

But ya .. probably more of an issue exiting after the night show. Coming in, it will be ugly, but not too bad to get around.

at least shortly will have the Skyliner so a few more resorts worth of people will exit after nighttime show via IG, but yeah, still may be ugly

I saw an article (from another site) that Slinky Dog Dash got some shade for its queue? Awesome.

I never waited in the regular queue and the only time I rode it was in November, but I was always shocked at the lack of shade and indoor space in that land (and the whole way too small QS restaurant).

The Festival of Fantasy parade was held for 10-15 minutes today during the parade. Anyone heard what happened? We hung with Smee and Tink at Liberty Square. Merida and her band started shooting arrows at Smee! Something was up in the hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter