News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a Disney+ offer in the mail today for Visa holders. $120 for 2 years or $170 for 3 years. I also got a movie club invitation today, I'm thinking Disney+ is really going to hurt the movie club.

I am excited for Disney+ in November but, I am starting to get rather antsy as I use multiple Firesticks. Has anyone heard updates on the possibility of Disney+ adding Amazon to the initial rollout? Secondary rollout even? It seems a large market to ignore.

Just got a Disney+ offer in the mail today for Visa holders. $120 for 2 years or $170 for 3 years. I also got a movie club invitation today, I'm thinking Disney+ is really going to hurt the movie club.
I just got a movie club invitation today too and had the same thought! It would still be nice to have the blu-rays to take on vacation, use in RVs, etc. I signed up for Disney+ though - can't wait for November!

Everyone say your goodbyes to large parts of Future World today...

Went this morning specifically just to see Fountain of Nations and Club Cool one last time. I was surprised to see they had photopass out in front of Club Cool so got a shot of me drinking Beverly. I was going to get a Remy magnet but the line was crazy and it looked like they only had Minnie.

Can someone give me a definitive answer about characters at Galaxy's Edge?

There are no "originals" besides Chewie, right? No Lando, Han, Luke, Boba Fett( why, WHY???) , C3po wandering around or available to meet?

Just preparing someone who may be a bit disappointed. Will still enjoy, but I want to temper expectations.

Last edited:

There are no "originals" besides Chewie, right? No Lando, Han, Luke, Boba Fett( why, WHY???) , C3po wandering around or available to meet?

Just preparing someone who may be a bit disappointed. Will still enjoy, but I want to temper expectations.
Correct. The land is set after episode 8 so those other characters are dead. They could have Leia but she’s never really appeared in the parks before.

You’ll have Chewie, Rey, Kylo, and storm troopers. In addition to that you’ll have Vi Moradi who is from other Star Wars lore.

Correct. The land is set after episode 8 so those other characters are dead. They could have Leia but she’s never really appeared in the parks before.

Okay, thanks! I mean, Gaston is dead too.... ;)

I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I suspect I won't know until I visit for myself. I do know that I am an original trilogy fanatic and a casual fan to the rest.
I'm worried they overestimated the fanaticism of the newer stuff, raised prices and now people just aren't going to spend the money needed to pay for this land.

Mostly I hope this land isn't a "failure". I hope this because I fear what would happen to all the amazing plans they seem to have for the future of Epcot, etc. I don't want them to scale back.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks! I mean, Gaston is dead too.... ;)

I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I suspect I won't know until I visit for myself. I do know that I am an original trilogy fanatic and a casual fan to the rest.
I'm worried they overestimated the fanaticism of the newer stuff, raised prices and now people just aren't going to spend the money needed to pay for this land.

Mostly I hope this land isn't a "failure". I hope this because I fear what would happen to all the amazing plans they seem to have for the future of Epcot, etc. I don't want them to scale back.
Understandable but at the same time there still is OT stuff throughout the land. Yoda makes an “appearance” in the saber building. They have droids (static) throughout the land. Two X Wings and an A wing. I am a fan of how Disney went about this land.

Understandable but at the same time there still is OT stuff throughout the land. Yoda makes an “appearance” in the saber building. They have droids (static) throughout the land. Two X Wings and an A wing. I am a fan of how Disney went about this land.

Oh, I'm sure once we are there I'll be blown away! We won't be there until May, so we will get to go on Rise of The Resistance!

That’s the other half of the equation.
Cars Land without RSR, Pandora without FoP, NFL without 7DMT would all be neat, but would not result in rave reviews without their E ticket attraction.
I think it’s likely RotR will change the whole dynamic of SWL.

You can "meet" (Photo pass wise) .. Chewie, Darth Vader, and BB-8 inside Launch Bay though. At least I think you still can.

The lack of other droids or aliens wandering around is disappointing, but the interactions with Rey, Vi, Chewie, Stormtroopers and Kylo are pretty cool. (Kylo Ren up came up and "interrogated" my son who stood his ground and didn't give up the resistance).

All behind fences. Fences that aren't shown in the marketing pictures.

Went this morning specifically just to see Fountain of Nations and Club Cool one last time. I was surprised to see they had photopass out in front of Club Cool so got a shot of me drinking Beverly. I was going to get a Remy magnet but the line was crazy and it looked like they only had Minnie.
The Remy magnets aren't available until Oct 15th. It's Minnie for the first half-ish of F&W, then Remy for the second half.

I think with all the dining and the new night time show coming I think it stays a great "hopable" park ... But for those that don't have park hopers hard to justify more than one day there for the average vacationer for there next few years I think
I disagree just because of world showcase and how dense it is to explore. Maybe families might skip but I always struggle to get everything done in that ONE side of the park, mostly cuz you need a nap half way through!! That walk is EXHAUSTING. I hope they open WS at 9 with the rest of the park in the mean time.

I disagree just because of world showcase and how dense it is to explore. Maybe families might skip but I always struggle to get everything done in that ONE side of the park, mostly cuz you need a nap half way through!! That walk is EXHAUSTING. I hope they open WS at 9 with the rest of the park in the mean time.

Well, I said for the "average" vacationer ... And you are clearly way above average ;)

I honestly wish this happened all the time. I love exploring World Showcase, but HATE doing it with peak heat and sun. I understand the big draw is food and alcohol, but maybe find a way to push breakfast food and drink!? You can only appreciate so much at night. I always feel bad that I can't see all the topiaries for F&G without feeling like I am going to melt.

You can "meet" (Photo pass wise) .. Chewie, Darth Vader, and BB-8 inside Launch Bay though. At least I think you still can.

The lack of other droids or aliens wandering around is disappointing, but the interactions with Rey, Vi, Chewie, Stormtroopers and Kylo are pretty cool. (Kylo Ren up came up and "interrogated" my son who stood his ground and didn't give up the resistance).
We had less than a 5 min wait to meet Chewie, Darth Vader, and BB8 in Launch Bay just a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter