News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Indy coaster in Disneyland Paris, maybe they can bring that in to replace Primevil Whirl, it doesnt take up that much of a foot print and i think it would add a bit more thrill to AK.

You enjoyed it? That ride was terrible the only thing worse was armageddon. Granted I've never been on primevil whirl but there's no way the dlp indy would be an improvement. It was a harsh coaster, very bumpy and jarring.

I can understand an argument for any of those. I love the Safari and Everest. Now if they could only budget cut that preshow guy out of Flight of Passage.

but that is my favorite part! I even bought the shirt!

j/k - it is pretty silly - woudl be great if you had the option to skip it or not - first timeis ok, but really don't need to do it every time

You enjoyed it? That ride was terrible the only thing worse was armageddon. Granted I've never been on primevil whirl but there's no way the dlp indy would be an improvement. It was a harsh coaster, very bumpy and jarring.

Oh thats why I loved it, it wasnt gentle, it was fast with sharp turns and sudden loop de loops and it had my heart beating pretty good at the end. All the coasters at DLP feel like they are faster then their counter part ones at WDW, their thunder mountain and Space Mountain are true thrill rides in comparison. They also feel like they are at higher speeds for longer times. I dont know thats just my 2 cents.

Rumors posted on the restaurant board that the menus for all of the food courts at the value and moderate resorts will be identical. Anyone heard this??

I know the full size pizza changed at pop. No longer available on the dining plan. It's square abd comes with salad and breadaticks. No word yet on if the individul slices are from a square pizza or not. Just changed the 19th. I only read the pop thread so it's the only one I'm aware of.

I know the full size pizza changed at pop. No longer available on the dining plan. It's square abd comes with salad and breadaticks. No word yet on if the individul slices are from a square pizza or not. Just changed the 19th. I only read the pop thread so it's the only one I'm aware of.
UGH, and pop was the only food court pizza that was decent (even compared to ASMo which looks identical but definitely doesn't taste the same)!

but that is my favorite part! I even bought the shirt!

View attachment 428190

j/k - it is pretty silly - woudl be great if you had the option to skip it or not - first timeis ok, but really don't need to do it every time
Honestly that guy is the only reason I do not feel compelled to ride it everytime I’m in the park.

I dont know If I say the Pop was the only food court that is decent, I will say some food courts do different dishes better than others and then there are the unique dishes Like the Beignets from the French Quarter. I doubt that the rumour is true though, unless maybe it will be a core common menu with each food courts having there own individuality for things to serve. Like I could see all the Food Courts offering the same cheese burger, chicken nuggets, hot dogs and pizza, but have different other offerings unique to that location.

UGH, and pop was the only food court pizza that was decent (even compared to ASMo which looks identical but definitely doesn't taste the same)!

I've asked about the slices because I enjoy it but no one know yet. I don't mind if the shape changes as long as it's as goodor better but square makes me worry.

I dont know If I say the Pop was the only food court that is decent, I will say some food courts do different dishes better than others and then there are the unique dishes Like the Beignets from the French Quarter. I doubt that the rumour is true though, unless maybe it will be a core common menu with each food courts having there own individuality for things to serve. Like I could see all the Food Courts offering the same cheese burger, chicken nuggets, hot dogs and pizza, but have different other offerings unique to that location.

But that's already how it is, same basics with some alternte stuff.

Also she was talking about the pizza at pop not the whole fc. The pizza was good.

Rumors posted on the restaurant board that the menus for all of the food courts at the value and moderate resorts will be identical. Anyone heard this??
I hope this doesn't happen. I love the menu at CBR (even though it was changed when we went last month). It fits the Caribbean vibe and would be horrible if it got stuck with mickey waffles and undercooked bacon

I still miss the story line they used to have for Safari.

As a local who rides the safari around a dozen times year, I was thrilled when they ditched the rescue the animatronic elephant thing (and elephants are my favorite animal). It was really annoying to listen to that over and over and over. Such a serious topic shouldn’t be treated so lightly anyways. Now if only they would stop pointing out the (fake) baobab trees so much...though not as many guides mention them, and the fake termite mounds are rarely mentioned anymore.

I’ve only been able to check in intermittently lately, and I’ve tried to keep up. But somewhere I missed something: There have been potential BTMRR and JC closures rumored? Are there estimated dates?

just rumor, so not sure if will happen or not, but those two the indication was 2020 and in time for the 50th, but no further details

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

It just always amazes me that the price increases so much, even during periods where there is a heck of a lot closed or under construction!

I'm going to GE and I'm sure it will be fun, but it's not a draw for me.
I mean, it's no Harry Potter. ;)

I understand price increases when they add so much - but then when they take so much away at the same time, it makes it less acceptable to me. All it does is add congestion, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter