News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad to see this. I know I'm in the minority. But, we love the whole Dino Land concept. Yeah, it's cheesy and full of jokes and puns. That's likely why we like it.

I said that on another thread. I loved that area of the park. Especially in the early evenings, it was so cute, felt relaxing.

Honestly, with that being closed, Spaceship Earth most likely, Epcot construction Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise and who knows what else...unless more rides open (Rat and Railway), we may actually do Universal for couple days to get some new rides and experiences.

Got to love 48 hour lines. I love Disney but unless waiting in line is going to net me a cool 5 figures, you wouldn't see me there that early. As it is, I had to cancel my D23 plans this year for a cant miss family function. Even if I was there per my original plan, I still wouldn't do the 48 hour wait

Yeah I really don't think Disney is sweating any stories of impending doom of the so-called negative take on the SW:GE parks. There's a freaking 48 hour long line for an expo!

I said that on another thread. I loved that area of the park. Especially in the early evenings, it was so cute, felt relaxing.

Honestly, with that being closed, Spaceship Earth most likely, Epcot construction Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise and who knows what else...unless more rides open (Rat and Railway), we may actually do Universal for couple days to get some new rides and experiences.

The timing of the closures will be interested in respects to the opening of the other new rides

We are going in February, and we will be find as it will be our first time to see Galaxy's Edge (and both rides should be open) - but if SSE, BTMRR, JC, etc. close by then, but neither Rat nor MMRR open, that will impact crowds on what is open

The timing of the closures will be interested in respects to the opening of the other new rides

We are going in February, and we will be find as it will be our first time to see Galaxy's Edge (and both rides should be open) - but if SSE, BTMRR, JC, etc. close by then, but neither Rat nor MMRR open, that will impact crowds on what is open

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

It just always amazes me that the price increases so much, even during periods where there is a heck of a lot closed or under construction!

I'm going to GE and I'm sure it will be fun, but it's not a draw for me.
I mean, it's no Harry Potter. ;)

And based on how hard it is to get Oga reservations even 6 months out I think WDW's version is going to see much higher crowds than Disneyland.

Anything new is hard to get at 6 months out! Crowds will most definitely be higher because it's WDW, how much is due to GE, who knows yet.

Last edited:

Well, assuming some if not most of this is for the 50th celebration coming up, they may not have a choice. I am still not solid on JC, I hope so since me and my family love the ride(do it every trip) but we could be potentially seeing the following shuttered for a while soon:
SSE in Epcot, JC, BTMRR, Philharmagic, CoP, Buzz, Orbiter in MK and maybe, just maybe DAK Dino land as well.

To me not a big deal, we go every 4 years or so, which will allow all to be completed and some of the major crowds dropping. But for those who go quite alot, the park is gonna be a wall factory for a while

Anything new is hard to get at 6 months out! Crowds will most definitely be higher because it's WDW, how much is due to GE, who knows yet.

definitely very different parks - I think the people that wanted to get to GE specifically as early as possible had a way to get to DLR during the reservation period. at WDW, I think it is more just part of the vacation experience there. I know for us it probably motivated us to book our next trip to be a bit earlier than it might have been otherwise, but not like we wouldn't come back to WDW if there was not GE

Well, assuming some if not most of this is for the 50th celebration coming up, they may not have a choice. I am still not solid on JC, I hope so since me and my family love the ride(do it every trip) but we could be potentially seeing the following shuttered for a while soon:
SSE in Epcot, JC, BTMRR, Philharmagic, CoP, Buzz, Orbiter in MK and maybe, just maybe DAK Dino land as well.

To me not a big deal, we go every 4 years or so, which will allow all to be completed and some of the major crowds dropping. But for those who go quite alot, the park is gonna be a wall factory for a while

that is a lot for MK that you have listed (though if the rumors are accurate guess COP might not close until after the 50th) - and you have Tron coming, but not for a bit (and from that still have the railroad closed and likely another closure for the speedway at some point)

We haven't been since 2017, planning May 2020 and then not again until 2023.

I'm bummed, not sure what to do. That is a lot closed for the price we are paying. But then I don't want to wait that long to not go again until 2023. Not getting any younger over here...

that is a lot for MK that you have listed (though if the rumors are accurate guess COP might not close until after the 50th) - and you have Tron coming, but not for a bit (and from that still have the railroad closed and likely another closure for the speedway at some point)
Quite honestly they are paying for sitting on their a$$ets for so long and doing nothing much in the parks. Some of the refurbs could have been done more spread out but they sat on their laurels.

Now to make the 50th really huge, and to draw more attention from Uni, I think they are going to do quite a bit to spruce things up. At least I hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter