• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

to answer the first question, they're keeping a few of the facades from the streets of america, yeah! they're being dressed up to look more californian though

as for question 2, i took this pic from bioreconstruct and circled in where the new construction is. star wars and toy story connect to each other, and grand avenue is located directly in front of star wars

nfyFdaF.jpg
THANK YOU! That makes more sense now...so basically, the street portion of where Osborne Lights used to be (not including the back plaza area) is now going to be Grand Avenue... I'm glad they are saving that part! I loved walking down that street!

This! I always feel the urge to duck when I'm on Space Mountain - I love the ride, but always have this image of me hitting my head on something when I'm riding it lol. It sounds like seeing it with the lights on wouldn't help me get over that. I just keep telling myself I am way shorter than many people that ride it and no one loses their head :upsidedow
In my opinion it would not. Some sections of that track feel like they are just above your head. In reality the track probably is at least a few feet over your head, but when you crest a hill and head down, it seems like you are eye to eye with a few sections when you are about to go under it. But no, no one has lost their head.

In my opinion it would not. Some sections of that track feel like they are just above your head. In reality the track probably is at least a few feet over your head, but when you crest a hill and head down, it seems like you are eye to eye with a few sections when you are about to go under it. But no, no one has lost their head.
And don't forget about those of us who raise their hands and arms in the air as they go....I haven't hit anything yet.... Yeah I know - "Keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times...."

THANK YOU! That makes more sense now...so basically, the street portion of where Osborne Lights used to be (not including the back plaza area) is now going to be Grand Avenue... I'm glad they are saving that part! I loved walking down that street!

Yup. Grand Avenue/Grand Plaza will extend from the edge of Sci-Fi (Not including the restaurant) to Mama Melrose, Star Tours to the start of Star Wars Land.

so, (and sorry if you've all discussed this at length - life has gotten in the way of me reading each post...) - are they going to KEEP part of the original STREET from the New York section for Grand Avenue, or just where is it going to be? Is there a map of how this all fits with the Star Wars and Toy Story build?
Yes part of the street is still there. You can see that here. The buildings were painted and such a bit.

PHOTOS: Grand Avenue Road and Trees Progress (August 2017)

Grand Avenue will be one entry way into SWL. This is not connected to TSL.

sorry if I missed this, but just saw posted about a new dessert / viewing area for Fantasmic!

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/08/17/new-dessert-and-vip-viewing-experience-for-fantasmic/

$39/adults and $19/kids - includes an alcoholic beverage for adults/non-alcoholic for kids and what looks like a snack tray with different desserts and some cheese and crackers

Not a terrible price - always find it hectic getting into that theater, even when we have dining package reserved seats

sorry if I missed this, but just saw posted about a new dessert / viewing area for Fantasmic!

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/08/17/new-dessert-and-vip-viewing-experience-for-fantasmic/

$39/adults and $19/kids - includes an alcoholic beverage for adults/non-alcoholic for kids and what looks like a snack tray with different desserts and some cheese and crackers

Not a terrible price - always find it hectic getting into that theater, even when we have dining package reserved seats
Here is the DPB post on it.

Reservations Open Today for Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Has anyone mentioned yet that pump-style toiletries are showing up at some of the resorts? Possibly no more little bottles.

With the number of people I've seen in facebook groups bragging about stealing entire trays worth of products from the housekeeping carts I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.

A long time ago I saw it with lights on and I really wish I hadn't. To a certain extent it kind of destroys the illusion. The track and core Space Mountain coaster is not very impressive. The theming, lighting, and special effects are what makes it special.

What I have never seen and often wonder is how much of the tower of terror is theming versus ride? Do you really fall that far? I honestly have no idea.

I love looking behind the curtain, so seeing how things are done just gives me a greater appreciation.

Has anyone mentioned yet that pump-style toiletries are showing up at some of the resorts? Possibly no more little bottles.

With the number of people I've seen in facebook groups bragging about stealing entire trays worth of products from the housekeeping carts I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.
I have seen this as well. In June at Pop there were no more Mickey shaped bottles but just regular squeeze tubes.

Only people I can think who would buy a rocket rods shirt is to burn it
I just texted a screen grab of that Rocket Rods shirt to ask my daughter if she wanted one. I knew the answer before I sent it but was just messing with her. Let's just say she was less than enthusiastic. :lmao: The girl loves Disneyland, but dang she holds on to a grudge...... :laughing:

Last edited:
to answer the first question, they're keeping a few of the facades from the streets of america, yeah! they're being dressed up to look more californian though

as for question 2, i took this pic from bioreconstruct and circled in where the new construction is. star wars and toy story connect to each other, and grand avenue is located directly in front of star wars

nfyFdaF.jpg

It makes a Mickey Head! Sorry it was the first thing I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter