News Round Up 2017

In theory I agree, in practice however I am not going to be going on the ride whether it is open or not so to me it is a waste of space either way. Also given that every time I have been there and it has actually been open the wait time has been a walk on 5 or 10 minutes which means it isn't eating people and making my wait elsewhere decreased either.

Personally I would rather see them close it for good even if they don't have something lined up just yet for the very simple reason that I think they would put more effort to find something to put in that location if they didn't have "we can just open up stitch again" to fall back on.
The saddest thing for me if it were to close for good is that Stitch is such an iconic character he deserves an attraction, but SGE is not the right one. I would love to see a Lilo and Stitch dark ride or something where you can see the true, lovable side of Stitch. Stitch is a favorite character for many (including myself) and he needs more than just a meet and greet.

I believe that it was announced some time ago that Stitch would be a seasonal ride based on park demand. I believe this closing is just in keeping with that approach and has no further meaning.

Yeah. And River Country went seasonal in 2001. How'd that work out? Wonders of Life was seasonal too. How's that pavilion doing? SGE is going away. Maybe not this "seasonal closing", but soon. It's going to be tagged seasonal and the seasons will come and go. Only CoP has come back from the seasonal tag, and that's most likely because it is based on one of the rides that started it all.

:lmao:

Well you gotta try it once right? :laughing:

Even I did it....once...but alas I remember how Alien Encounter was like and even though it scared me as a kid it is leagues above Stitch..but of course that's just my opinion I do know some like the attraction as it currently is.
Very true...until someone actually tries it, they don't know how awful it is....ask my adult DD and SIL who didn't believe me....they do now.... LOL! As a family with pre-teens, we fell in love with Alien, and still grieve the loss.

Yeah. And River Country went seasonal in 2001. How'd that work out? Wonders of Life was seasonal too. How's that pavilion doing? SGE is going away. Maybe not this "seasonal closing", but soon. It's going to be tagged seasonal and the seasons will come and go. Only CoP has come back from the seasonal tag, and that's most likely because it is based on one of the rides that started it all.
Horizons went seasonal before it left too. Stitch will eventually go away.

The saddest thing for me if it were to close for good is that Stitch is such an iconic character he deserves an attraction, but SGE is not the right one. I would love to see a Lilo and Stitch dark ride or something where you can see the true, lovable side of Stitch. Stitch is a favorite character for many (including myself) and he needs more than just a meet and greet.

Hello Stitch, meet Figment.

And when the Macaws from Tiki end up in that saloon, then I will finally start screaming with the rest of ya'all!
Well... you never know. Snow White spent some time at the bar before heading back out again. The Tiki Room has already, quite literally, risen from the ashes once. Hopefully there is some bad juju around WDW HQ about messing with it again.

On the Minnie Van topic; I just looked at rental car prices for the winter break holidays and can say 3-4 trips a day is easily cheaper than a peak season rate SUV/van that can hold 6 of us. Best rates thru Costco were over $100 per night. Best rate on a full sized car was $65/nt.

Last edited:
Isn't Vault 28 where they sell the new line of Disney dresses that are often 'sold out'? and their closing it?! Yep, this makes perfect Disney sense! o_O
I can't remember if they had their own line of clothes, but they also sold some houseware and makeup products as well.

TV News

Although they haven't updated the main page yet, TCM's expanded schedule reveals the next installment of Treasures from the Disney Vault will be Monday, September 11. All times Eastern.

8:00pm - Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
10:30pm - Kidnapped (1960)
12:15am - Mickey Short: Lonesome Ghosts (1937)
12:30am - Blackbeard's Ghost (1968)
2:30am - Freaky Friday (1976)
4:15am - Candleshoe (1977)

I love Swiss Family Robinson -- excited it finally made the line up. Also looking forward to the two early Jodie Foster films.

A tad off topic but I was at Magic Kingdom today for extra magic hours and decided to ride space mountain just before park closing. For some reason most of the lights were on and I could see the whole track and inside of space mountain. Im not sure if they were having technical issues or they were just getting ready to close the ride down for the night. But since I rode space mountain thousands of times, it was a real nice treat to complete my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!