News Round Up 2017

Meh. I don't know how this is going to work. First, doesn't the park open to party guests at 4? Second, so the idea is to clear the park out of non party goers sooner, but if they're allowed to stay until 7 shopping and dining then main street will be just as crowded, if not more crowded.

Man, I'd be pissed if I were a day guest, get there at 9 and have to leave at 6.

I would guess the idea is to give the party guests essentially an extra hour of the party - since prices have reached crazy levels for a 5 hour event, they've essentially extended it to a 6-hour event. Admittedly the party-goers are party nearly $100 for such a short time, and most day guests are paying less, and some much less. (As an AP holder that plans on getting roughly 25 days out my AP, I'm down to about $20 a day.) By doing this, they are trying to get the best of both worlds and keep the park open until 7 for day guests, but giving another hour of exclusivity to party guests. However, in the end it says that party guests take priority over day guests - and there will be a lot of POd day guests. ("No, you can't ride this ride - but you CAN still spend money in this store! Aren't we nice?")

I am very, very happy that I am there for 5 days in November when there are no parties, leaving my options very open for when to visit MK in the evening. In 2018 we will be down again for F&W in October, and will have 2 of our 4 evenings blocked out from MK visits, but again it's all about F&W on these trips. Disney can go hang with these parties.

I'm confused by your statement. In order to not lose any nighttime entertainment there would have to be no parties whatsoever. So are you suggesting that Disney eliminate all parties throughout the year?

I think it would be less of a problem if the hard ticket events were 1 or 2 nights a week. By having them 4 nights a week, Disney is really (a) cutting the # of nights you can enjoy nighttime in MK by 57% and (b) squeezing all those that WANT MK evening entertainment into those 3 out of 7 nights, making those nights way more crowded. I don't want to use "unfair" but it's not particularly nice.

I think it would be less of a problem if the hard ticket events were 1 or 2 nights a week. By having them 4 nights a week, Disney is really (a) cutting the # of nights you can enjoy nighttime in MK by 57% and (b) squeezing all those that WANT MK evening entertainment into those 3 out of 7 nights, making those nights way more crowded. I don't want to use "unfair" but it's not particularly nice.
Oh I totally get that. I was just confused on if the poster was talking about removing the parties all together or not because removing them all together which would free up all nights for nighttime entertainment.

But I do agree in that a large portion of the growing complaints for the non-party goers is the number of nights that are being impacted by the trend of adding more party nights. Plus it's making it harder to avoid being impacted by them as the length of time the parties go on get extended.

WDW is an interesting vacation place because of the length of time the average guest stays at least the average domestic guest

Honestly, I think that anyone who chooses to wear the shirt either hasn't considered the implications of the line, or has and chooses not to care. You don't have to actively engage in a broken system to support it. Yeah, Disney is all about escapism, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't exist.

This is a subject that I am deeply passionate about and have been involved in advocacy and awareness for many years. This scene bothered me when I first went to Disneyland. It has continued to bother me since I've moved permanently to Disney World. I will openly celebrate this change

I guess I never considered it as I can completely separate an attraction with robots from reality - but if there are people out there than cannot and see this as supporting the slave trade, then I agree, it should be changed because this is obviously nothing that should be even tacitly supported

(and the fact that in the Hall of President's thread I am reading of people booing the Obama animatronic, maybe I should realize that some people can't separate the two)

I by no means support slavery and stuff like that but we will have to disagree about the attraction. I like Phil don't believe wearing a shirt with attraction quotes means you support such a thing. If I wear a Splash Mountain shirt does that mean I support racism from song of the south?

Other than song of the south which movies are you referring to about racism? Disney has been doing great in my opinion with making movies like Frozen and Moana where it shows women don't need a prince and stuff like that.

Can we not with the "what-about-ism?" There are pros and cons to this change. Ultimately they will decide what they want to with this attraction.

Can we not with the "what-about-ism?" There are pros and cons to this change. Ultimately they will decide what they want to with this attraction.
I agree. I am very interested to see what happens if anything to the following portions of dialogue as everything tells a story and changing one scene means you have to change the following portions for it to flow. Rides like pirates are so immersive and so brilliantly done I hope they consider the overall ride here and not just one scene.

I agree. I am very interested to see what happens if anything to the following portions of dialogue as everything tells a story and changing one scene means you have to change the following portions for it to flow. Rides like pirates are so immersive and so brilliantly done I hope they consider the overall ride here and not just one scene.

I think Pirates is a very dark ride, content wise. But that scene did have a bit of comedy, as awful as the implications are. I do think they'll do it justice. It's all about what's happening in the background so I'm curious what it will end up being like.

What impact does this scene have on the rest of the ride?
Once you pass under the bridge, you are in a while new section of town with a whole new storyline. That's one thing the ride does well - cover multiple mini-stories within the main one.

It's still going to be a market, if some guy wants to try and barter rum instead of gold, that doesn't even need to change.

What impact does this scene have on the rest of the ride?
Once you pass under the bridge, you are in a while new section of town with a whole new storyline. That's one thing the ride does well - cover multiple mini-stories within the main one.

It's still going to be a market, if some guy wants to try and barter rum instead of gold, that doesn't even need to change.
The story flows. Changing the scene changes the story.

wait whats going on im trying to trace this conversation and really struggling...

It was mostly moved to the story about the wench scene in Pirates changing. I'm basically saying don't try to deflect by saying "what about this tangentially related thing that also happened or exists." It's a common tactic used by some people in the world today to deflect awful things said and done by people they support. And that's all I can say without getting a demerit!

Yes because this is big news really and a big discussion it deserved its own thread.
Most definitely! Thanks for moving it over, can't believe how much discussion its already created - it was getting hard to track over on this thread! Hope you didn't mind me trying to direct conversations about it on this thread over to the new thread?!

News

Candlelight processional dates from wdwmagic

• TBD – November 24 to 26, 2017
  • TBD – November 27 to 28, 2017
  • TBD – November 29 to 30, 2017
  • TBD – December 1 to 3, 2017
  • Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
  • TBD – December 6 to 8, 2017
  • TBD – December 9 to 11, 2017
  • TBD – December 12 to 14, 2017
  • Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
  • Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
  • CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
  • Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
  • TBD – December 28 to 30, 2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter