News Round Up 2017

This is worse than the idea of Apple buying Disney

Perhaps...but everyone needs to look at the practical reality that disney (a content company...not a platform company...) is eventually going to be bought.

Comcast, at&t, and Verizon are platform companies...they will all partner up eventually.

Financial guys say it's very unlikely when you look at value of Verizon vs. Disney.

Yeah saw that - seems like initial chatter was more of a merger (which I could see particularly if there is a potential CEO successor on the Verizon side) but given a decent multiple just seems like hard for Verizon to do a full takeover

Add into it that the general consensus is that stocks are over valued including Disney makes it hard to imagine that this is the right time and climate.

Add into it that the general consensus is that stocks are over valued including Disney makes it hard to imagine that this is the right time and climate.

Yeah...that was my thinking as well...they would have to do somekind of leveraged merger. Disney isn't worth it's value at all...it's propped up.

if it does ever happen I assume it will be Apple and frankly, I assume that Disney could buy it's own multimedia platform company rather than be bought out by one.

Disney is AWFUL at running hardware systems...

Can you imagine them running a network of technicians all over kingdom come to convey a service of some kind?

Hell no...to be frank.

I'll agree that a Verizon-Disney buyout or merger seems highly unlikely. That being said, I would not be surprised if we soon see reports of Verizon trying to bump AT&T out of their partnership with Disney.

That could be a two way move...at&t is buying time warner...

Papa mouse don't like competition

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter