• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Well considering Illuminations is on the table to go that part isn't surprising but wow SSE not having a sponsor is big. That ride most definitely will need a refurb to remove references to Siemens.
Yes, IllumiNations is going anyway - I wonder whether the replacement will come sooner now, or whether it will be pushed back as they no longer have sponsor funding to develop it. Yes, SSE will definitely need a refurb before the year is out to remove all those references. I know SSE has been rumored to get some changes, I'd assume they will want to do it all together. SSE has never not had a sponsor as far as i'm aware.

Ok that's what I was thinking you were meaning based on your earlier comment on the subject.

Yeah the overall trend is adding more dates to parties or events if you include Flower and Garden and Food and Wine;I believe Universal added days to their HHN.

Yeah it's really unlikely they'll scale back the party dates unless they're really poorly attended. Extending F&W or F&G? Ok whatever. Festivals 365 for all I care. But Halloween party dates in August? That's a little obnoxious. Sure they're meeting some consumer demand, blah blah, but they also want to boost attendance for those dates too. That's the whole point of these parties. They've done a bang up job of making October a busy time. But you're really hitting the average parkgoer over the head with these. Plenty of people just don't want to attend them and the holiday party creep is too much.

Well considering Illuminations is on the table to go that part isn't surprising but wow SSE not having a sponsor is big. That ride most definitely will need a refurb to remove references to Siemens.

Wow! This is big news! Illuminations is now definitely toast unless Disney can find another sponsor.

There was about a two year gap between when AT&T ended their sponsorship and when Siemens came on board. AT&T ended their sponsorship in 2003 and Siemens became the sponsor sometimes in 2005.

Yeah it's really unlikely they'll scale back the party dates unless they're really poorly attended. Extending F&W or F&G? Ok whatever. Festivals 365 for all I care. But Halloween party dates in August? That's a little obnoxious. Sure they're meeting some consumer demand, blah blah, but they also want to boost attendance for those dates too. That's the whole point of these parties. They've done a bang up job of making October a busy time. But you're really hitting the average parkgoer over the head with these. Plenty of people just don't want to attend them and the holiday party creep is too much.
Yeah from what I've been seeing on multiple threads people are honestly wondering if the crowd pendulum is starting to swing towards lower crowds in parts of summer with the shift going towards those crowds going in fall.

Maybe it wouldn't seem so bad if it weren't for the parties being so close together-meaning MNSSHP and MVMCP because it means a quarter of the year basically is taken up by events going on for a guest to worry about in operating hours.

Yeah from what I've been seeing on multiple threads people are honestly wondering if the crowd pendulum is starting to swing towards lower crowds in parts of summer with the shift going towards those crowds going in fall.

Which is great for people want to go in the summer, like myself. But yeah the rock block of parties from August to December is just a bit much, this coming from someone who likes the parties and will attend one just for the different types of entertainment.

Which is great for people want to go in the summer, like myself. But yeah the rock block of parties from August to December is just a bit much, this coming from someone who likes the parties and will attend one just for the different types of entertainment.

From Sept to December roughly 50% of the days have a party.

Pretty brutal.

Right?! August!! AUGUST!

I think it got lost in all the seimans backing out talk but I had mentioned about this before - I think it looks pretty neat (definitely like the idea of augment reality vs virtual reality while on rides) and seems like it would be a fit for mario kart. I thought it was interesting that in one of the sketches it clearly shows something that looks like the incredible hulk

I think it got lost in all the seimans backing out talk but I had mentioned about this before - I think it looks pretty neat (definitely like the idea of augment reality vs virtual reality while on rides) and seems like it would be a fit for mario kart. I thought it was interesting that in one of the sketches it clearly shows something that looks like the incredible hulk
Attraction's Magazine were talking on this week's 'The Show' about AR being used in the Mario Kart attraction.

News

The Chew will be back at Epcot to tape Food and Wine shows from October 4th through the 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter