News Round Up 2017

News

The marquee for MuppetVision 3D has been installed. They have also given the theater a new name.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...theatre-gets-a-new-name-and-entry-marquee.htm

I hope they do something above it - you can still make out the area where the old sign was

Also, I assume "Grand Arts" is a reference to the Ramon C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts on Grand Ave where the Disney Concert Hall is in Los Angeles - or is there another reference it is connected to?

I hope they do something above it - you can still make out the area where the old sign was

Also, I assume "Grand Arts" is a reference to the Ramon C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts on Grand Ave where the Disney Concert Hall is in Los Angeles - or is there another reference it is connected to?
They will probably clean that area up in the next few days.

That's what I would go with don't know what else it could reference.

News

Disney is going to test revised hours for Christmas party nights

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...s-very-merry-christmas-party-event-nights.htm

Meh. I don't know how this is going to work. First, doesn't the park open to party guests at 4? Second, so the idea is to clear the park out of non party goers sooner, but if they're allowed to stay until 7 shopping and dining then main street will be just as crowded, if not more crowded.

Man, I'd be pissed if I were a day guest, get there at 9 and have to leave at 6.

Meh. I don't know how this is going to work. First, doesn't the park open to party guests at 4? Second, so the idea is to clear the park out of non party goers sooner, but if they're allowed to stay until 7 shopping and dining then main street will be just as crowded, if not more crowded.

Man, I'd be pissed if I were a day guest, get there at 9 and have to leave at 6.

They have to heard the lowly regular park ticket buyers to the front and push them out in favor of the clientele that clearly gets it.

And to be fair, it only occurs 24 nights. Wait, 24 nights, maybe that's not fair...........

DID YOU ALL SEE THE NEW MENU AT ELECTRIC UMBRELLA??

IMG_8393-L.jpg

I am specifically targeting the top left choice which is new to the Electric Umbrella menu. Here, you get a burger, 2 sides, a drink, and a dessert for $20!

IMG_8393-L.jpg

I am specifically targeting the top left choice which is new to the Electric Umbrella menu. Here, you get a burger, 2 sides, a drink, and a dessert for $20!

Its really not a terrible deal.

But now we know why cupcakes have moved from pretty unique/good to "on sale at Winn Dixie because we messed them up" quality....

Its really not a terrible deal.

But now we know why cupcakes have moved from pretty unique/good to "on sale at Winn Dixie because we messed them up" quality....

I'm not really a cupcake fan, but while the cupcake is pictured, the description reads dessert so I am sure you could choose something else.

IMG_8393-L.jpg

I do like how it is a burger, with brisket, crispy onions, and cheese on it, plus french fries, a fountain budget, and a cupcake .... but then we add on some apple slices so it feels like making a healthier choice ;)

I'll wait to hear on the quality but that place has always been on my "worst" list - just not good food and not a great environment and only amplified by all the much better and unique options in EPCOT

BTW - just checked D-Luxe's menu for price comparison (I know it is not exactly the same to compare in-park to Disney Springs, but still Disney property) and they have a duo deal which is two separate specialty burgers, an order of fries, and two drinks, and it is $29. If you put together a meal on your own there (one burger, fries, drink) you are close to $20

They were selling Disney Parks branded ponchos and umbrellas at Windtraders yesterday!
Small point but interesting considering the whole no Disney thing on Pandora.

Well I do know at least on the Boards it's been mentioned for a while that during the Christmas parties MK's official close time was reflecting 6pm on the park hours on their website. Now that doesn't say much for the average guest but we don't really any much idea just how many people stay beyond (or at least much beyond) official park close time. I can imagine a bit of an overlap maybe moreso from 6-6:30 (just guessing).

Though yeah it bites for the guest to only have 9-6 (at least currently 9am opening). I will say Universal has the same number of hours as MK now as they do for their HHN. One of the days we are going there the Studios closes at 5pm with an 8am opening due to HHN that night. Now we have park-to-park tickets so currently the plan is to hop on over to IOA til their closing time which is 7pm with an opening of 9am.

The bigger difference, and perhaps a better way of doing it in regards to crowd overlap, is with Universal and HHN they ask daytime guests to leave just before closing time (which is 5pm) and they hold back HHN guests from entering the park/milling about the park whereas at Disney there's that overlap of day guests and party guests inside the park free to roam around.

The bigger difference, and perhaps a better way of doing it in regards to crowd overlap, is with Universal and HHN they ask daytime guests to leave just before closing time (which is 5pm) and they hold back HHN guests from entering the park/milling about the park whereas at Disney there's that overlap of day guests and party guests inside the park free to roam around.

While this true, one of the main reasons Universal does this is so they can get the various Scare Zones set up for HHN. The HHN guests that were in the park before the "closure" are held in pre-determined locations like Finnegan's. With Disney, they don't have much to set up like HHN. But with all of the HHN props, effects, etc., Universal has to get the park cleared to get things ready.

Well I do know at least on the Boards it's been mentioned for a while that during the Christmas parties MK's official close time was reflecting 6pm on the park hours on their website. Now that doesn't say much for the average guest but we don't really any much idea just how many people stay beyond (or at least much beyond) official park close time. I can imagine a bit of an overlap maybe moreso from 6-6:30 (just guessing).

Though yeah it bites for the guest to only have 9-6 (at least currently 9am opening). I will say Universal has the same number of hours as MK now as they do for their HHN. One of the days we are going there the Studios closes at 5pm with an 8am opening due to HHN that night. Now we have park-to-park tickets so currently the plan is to hop on over to IOA til their closing time which is 7pm with an opening of 9am.

Though, I think the feature that for party guests to get in at 4pm is pushed as a value or the party tickets, right?

maybe they could do what they do for HHN with the "holding pens" or whatever they are called where party guests could get into closed off areas within the parks that the day guests cannot so they can start a bit early and maybe have a couple of areas and each of those could be a meeting spot for a rare characters (the dwarfs, Jack Skelington, etc.) so people can line up early or be in an area to get one of those meets done earlish .... could also be "advertising" for non-party guests to see a special thing party guests get

While this true, one of the main reasons Universal does this is so they can get the various Scare Zones set up for HHN. The HHN guests that were in the park before the "closure" are held in pre-determined locations like Finnegan's. With Disney, they don't have much to set up like HHN. But with all of the HHN props, effects, etc., Universal has to get the park cleared to get things ready.
I know but I did specify that I was talking in regards to crowd overlap...which was what the other poster was talking about.

They have to heard the lowly regular park ticket buyers to the front and push them out in favor of the clientele that clearly gets it.

And to be fair, it only occurs 24 nights. Wait, 24 nights, maybe that's not fair...........

There will have to be a tipping point. I know if I were a day guest and had the choice to pay ~$100 for 8 hours on a party day or the same price for 12 or more on a non-party day, it's a no-brainer. We are passholders so it doesn't matter to us, but I have to think this will drive some (more) day traffic away from MK on those days.

Though, I think the feature that for party guests to get in at 4pm is pushed as a value or the party tickets, right?

maybe they could do what they do for HHN with the "holding pens" or whatever they are called where party guests could get into closed off areas within the parks that the day guests cannot so they can start a bit early and maybe have a couple of areas and each of those could be a meeting spot for a rare characters (the dwarfs, Jack Skelington, etc.) so people can line up early or be in an area to get one of those meets done earlish .... could also be "advertising" for non-party guests to see a special thing party guests get
Oh I'm sure it is promoted as a value but the truth is the party doesn't start until X time. Disney can always adjust the times of either A) official close time to non-party guests B) entry time for party guests.

I'm guessing party guests would be in much more of an uproar if they were told "sorry you can't enter until 5 or 6pm or 6:30 pm". With those later entry time for party guests there would however be less time for the crowd overlap. And I'm guessing day guests would be in much more of an uproar if they were told "sorry you need to leave at 3 or 3:30pm or I guess even 4pm (when the current party guest can enter)".

So I guess what I'm saying is it's sorta a no-win situation as the formula stands: either overlap in day guests and party guests or push for later entry time with party guests so the park has the opportunity to clear out more.

The "holding pen" part is part of why I brought up how HHN handles crowds.

There will have to be a tipping point. I know if I were a day guest and had the choice to pay ~$100 for 8 hours on a party day or the same price for 12 or more on a non-party day, it's a no-brainer. We are passholders so it doesn't matter to us, but I have to think this will drive some (more) day traffic away from MK on those days.

I would think for a lot of planners they would be checking calendars and would know to plan for a different park that day (or if they have park hoppers - know to "hop" to another park) ... but for the less informed guests I could see being pretty unhappy if you show up and find out the park closes at 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter