News Round Up 2016

They also cut out a large portion of the parade because the guest interviews were in the middle, not the beginning or the end. . . . . and the surprise was a downloadable screensaver??? OK :crazy2:

That's exactly what I thought when they announced the "surprise." I was hoping for a hint of what's coming to WDW after MSEP leaves! Disappointed!

Yeah I was very disappointed in the live stream. Just show the dang parade I don't care about the parade director or whatever.
Thank you! I was feeling sad I missed it last night (up at 4:30am for work; fell asleep at 8:45pm ET). If they didn't show the whole parade, then I don't feel so bad. I was frustrated with the Galactic Spectacular having buffering issues and I had to keep restarting.
Oh, and thanks also for all you do for this thread. Good luck when school starts!

Thank you! I was feeling sad I missed it last night (up at 4:30am for work; fell asleep at 8:45pm ET). If they didn't show the whole parade, then I don't feel so bad. I was frustrated with the Galactic Spectacular having buffering issues and I had to keep restarting.
Oh, and thanks also for all you do for this thread. Good luck when school starts!
Thanks! Just started today in fact.

We were so disappointed when the hosts wouldn't shut up and just show the parade. Also, having the music volume change depending on which camera feed they were using is such an easily correctable mistake.

They also cut out a large portion of the parade because the guest interviews were in the middle, not the beginning or the end. . . . . and the surprise was a downloadable screensaver??? OK :crazy2:

-----
It's weird that Disney would do something like that. I mean for reals I can go to Youtube and find the parade to watch. If you are going to make a big hoopla about it and stream it Live make it something special for the viewers at home unable to be there. Do a pre-show with interviews and give some background to the parades history which would certaintly build anticipation to watching it. Start the parade maybe make the occasional comment here and there if needed but keep it minimal so as to actually showcase the parade which by nature is better with minimal interruption. I would completely skip over a Youtube video if the person recording it talked over the parade. The volume changing between camera feeds would drive me nuts too.

I didn't even bother to watch the parade. Disney parks blog is the worst with videos, I'd rather just go watch a disunplugged video.

I watched the Christmas parade one last year, half of the feed was from a camera at the train station that was focused to the right of the flag pole. So all the floats had a giant tree blocking them.

Then the fantasmic live showing had horrible sound issues and the picture kept jarringly changing from one view to another.

Disney parks blog has the worst film crew.

I didn't even bother to watch the parade. Disney parks blog is the worst with videos, I'd rather just go watch a disunplugged video.

I watched the Christmas parade one last year, half of the feed was from a camera at the train station that was focused to the right of the flag pole. So all the floats had a giant tree blocking them.

Then the fantasmic live showing had horrible sound issues and the picture kept jarringly changing from one view to another.

Disney parks blog has the worst film crew.
Well the film crew wasn't the problem it was the production. I can guarantee the producers set it up so the whole parade wasn't shown and that they would do interviews during the parade.

I turned the parade live stream off when they started interviewing the guests right in the middle of it. The sound issues were also really annoying as well as the abrupt changes in video clips and camera angles. Seemed really amateur in quality which was surprising.

Universal accidently posted an article on changes to their annual passes but have since taken them down and made a statement that they "got ahead of themselves." Along with price increases there will now be 4 annual pass levels (instead of 3), two that have blackout dates and then the Preferred and Premier Passes. One of the blackout passes seems to have less summer blackouts and offers parking discounts. They also mention that the higher level passes could allow early access to the theme parks. I assume mingling in with resort guests. We shall see the final details when Universal officially posts the announcement.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...rsal-orlando-pass-changes-20160829-story.html

Universal accidently posted an article on changes to their annual passes but have since taken them down and made a statement that they "got ahead of themselves." Along with price increases there will now be 4 annual pass levels (instead of 3), two that have blackout dates and then the Preferred and Premier Passes. One of the blackout passes seems to have less summer blackouts and offers parking discounts. They also mention that the higher level passes could allow early access to the theme parks. I assume mingling in with resort guests. We shall see the final details when Universal officially posts the announcement.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...rsal-orlando-pass-changes-20160829-story.html

Dang it. We are going in February and I was going to pick up an AP to use across two trips. Then they raised prices on the APs about 4 months ago, so I assumed there wasn't any point in jumping on an AP. Now this....wondering out loud if I should grab the APs before the jack the prices again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter