News Round Up 2016

It's not looking good. Whenever there is a much anticipated high profile attraction about to debut at WDW, which the debut of ROL certainly will be, CMs are blocked out because they want all the space to be available for paying guests. There are no CM block out days currently showing in Sept or Oct as of 2 minutes ago.

As an example, when ROL was originally scheduled to debut earlier, CMs were blocked out for a week. The CM block out calendar can, and sometimes is, revised at the last minute, so never say never.
I wouldn't use CM blackout to look into this anymore. Disney will announce ROL opening date when they know for sure it is ready. Once they figure that out they would likely change around CM blackout dates and such but don't read into CM blackout dates now.

It's not looking good. Whenever there is a much anticipated high profile attraction about to debut at WDW, which the debut of ROL certainly will be, CMs are blocked out because they want all the space to be available for paying guests. There are no CM block out days currently showing in Sept or Oct as of 2 minutes ago.

As an example, when ROL was originally scheduled to debut earlier, CMs were blocked out for a week. The CM block out calendar can, and sometimes is, revised at the last minute, so never say never.

They will add blockouts when ROL is announced. It's not common for them to add dates, but this would be worthy of an exception

Also to note, cast weren't blocked out, just guest passes.
Cast weren't even blocked out from MK on the 4th of July, so I highly doubt they would block completely us from DAK

One thing with Rivers of Light - because of the debacle that's occurred with it, I could see them doing "soft opening" shows before they even ANNOUNCE an official opening date. They do not want to blow this again. So until they are 100% sure, you won't see an official opening date.

What will be curious is once we get past September 5th, will they start having tests. We shall see.

One thing with Rivers of Light - because of the debacle that's occurred with it, I could see them doing "soft opening" shows before they even ANNOUNCE an official opening date. They do not want to blow this again. So until they are 100% sure, you won't see an official opening date.

What will be curious is once we get past September 5th, will they start having tests. We shall see.
They have been testing as recently as last week.

News

Some man named Kanye West makes a speech at an award show (VMAs) and compares himself to Walt Disney, among others.

View attachment 190550

He's not really known for being humble, or intelligent for that matter.

Same here. I was going to get a Power pass for myself and a preferred pass for my husband for our December trip and didn't think they'd increase before then. Now, I'm thinking I should buy them now. Does anyone know the details for the change passes and prices?

The article said that they pulled the info, which may or may not have had prices listed. We will just have to wait and see. Remember that you get pretty good AP discounts most of the time when you stay onsite.

News

Tropical Depression 9 is headed right for the Orlando area later this week. Those at the parks in the area stay safe and be aware.
I'm flying in on Thursday morning...maybe. At one time I was looking at this thing hitting Louisiana (where I work/live) or hitting Florida (where I'm going).

WOW! LOTS in there - and this is really to me one of the more trusted sites for Disney information - not everything comes to pass, but they are right more than they are wrong. For those that can't take the time to read it - here's a quick summary:

- PTN isn't leaving Disneyland - but it needs some fixes to the floats and the costuming is leading to injuries of performers, so it is being taken down for most of the next 9 months until next summer.
- MSEP is moving over because WDW is being cheap - and DLR wants a parade for while PTN is down and there is no Fantasmic! They are paying for the move and WDW is happy with that.
- No plans in WDW to replace MSEP - going to focus on Rivers of Light - article states Rivers of Light expected to open in October. (My note: Oct 21st please!) Soft attendance continues to lead to cost cutting in Florida. (My note: Soft attendance, so you are going to offer LESS? That's a good way to make attendance even softer.)
- Fantasmic will open with new updated show scenes on July 4th. Rivers of America also expected to be reopened by June.
- Monorail beam is going to be rerouted in 2017 - this is related to restructuring the bus station at the entrance - and expanding DCA into this area for more Marvel stuff.
- GotG changes to Tower of Terror discussed, but particularly that the Pixar Parade may be replaced with a Marvel Parade next year.

- No plans in WDW to replace MSEP - going to focus on Rivers of Light - article states Rivers of Light expected to open in October. (My note: Oct 21st please!) Soft attendance continues to lead to cost cutting in Florida. (My note: Soft attendance, so you are going to offer LESS? That's a good way to make attendance even softer.)

I'd be really surprised if MK doesn't get a night parade. I guess they are counting on the fact that everyone will visit MK anyway, and perhaps if AK is the only park to have a night parade they could convince a few people to venture over to AK and give MK a little breathing room? Perhaps they are just going to see if ROL can really have that sort of pull or not before deciding on whether MK will need a replacement. Surprising none the less, especially with the rumors about fall attendance being one of the lowest periods in a few years.

News

Netflix adds Zootopia (and more Disney content) in September!

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/0...-to-join-netflixs-disney-lineup-in-september/

Wow so this new Disney Netflix agreement will be adding 1 whole movie that
I didn't even bother to watch the parade. Disney parks blog is the worst with videos, I'd rather just go watch a disunplugged video.

I watched the Christmas parade one last year, half of the feed was from a camera at the train station that was focused to the right of the flag pole. So all the floats had a giant tree blocking them.

Then the fantasmic live showing had horrible sound issues and the picture kept jarringly changing from one view to another.

Disney parks blog has the worst film crew.

I don't understand this. DIII football teams have better liver stream productions then the past 2 I have seen from WDW.

I'd be really surprised if MK doesn't get a night parade. I guess they are counting on the fact that everyone will visit MK anyway, and perhaps if AK is the only park to have a night parade they could convince a few people to venture over to AK and give MK a little breathing room? Perhaps they are just going to see if ROL can really have that sort of pull or not before deciding on whether MK will need a replacement. Surprising none the less, especially with the rumors about fall attendance being one of the lowest periods in a few years.

I agree that they can't / won't go long without a night parade at MK - especially once they get the numerous complaints they are likely to get. I'm guessing that you might see MSEP come back YET again after its engagement in California.

The one thing I didn't mention from the article is that he says PTN is very expensive to run. Seems less likely than ever it will come to WDW then.

Insiders have said that they have plans for a new parade for 50th. What they do between now and then is what insiders are unsure of. But most indicate that something will happen in 2017, just not making it clear what it is.

As for cuts due to attendance -- its debatable what the reason for the cuts are. A lot of posters here will yell and scream about it being about the cost increases. It seems more likely it is due to a lot of other factors, mostly out of their control (Olympics, Brexit, tourism to theme parks down, anticipation/postponement of trips due to what is coming to Disney - Pandora, Toy Story Land and Star wars land). And if you honestly think about it, if the powers that be believe that attendance is down now because of things that will change in a year (for some) and continue to rise in the coming years as well, then making cuts now makes sense. If you are in the camp that attendance is down because of cost, well then these cuts will never make sense and you will have something to complain about till the end of time.

Also, I always find it interesting what the insiders say, and I know many here don't see all the post by insiders, but thought this would be interesting to a lot. One of the most reliable (I argue the most reliable) posted this info yesterday about the current state of discussions for things happening to Epcot in the coming years (he was summing everything up for people yesterday):

THE STORY SO FAR The plans are:
Guardians of the Galaxy inspired ride coming to Universe of Energy
More eating options in Futureworld
Mission Space overhaul
Innoventions mostly gutted and repurposed. New interior layouts. Possible expansion here and there.
New landscaping, place making and "feel" to Futureworld central spine - the area from the entrance, around Spaceship Earth, through the fountain area and out towards showcase.
Proposals for The Land and Imagination, with nothing confirmed nor budgeted for as of yet.
Proposals for additions and updates at various places around Showcase.
Proposed new night time lagoon show in 2-3 years time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter