New restaurant featuring Indian cuisine now open at Disney Springs

They have a reputation, alright, and not all good. Hope she has a good management team at DS, because talented chefs don't always translate to good business people.

I'm sure like most absentee celebrity chef places her contributions at DS after menu creation will be limited to a couple appearances a year, per the contract and all of the financial decisions will be overseen by the bean counters.

Her husband owns and runs 20+ restaurants. I don't think this couple will struggle operating this new place.

They have a reputation, alright, and not all good. Hope she has a good management team at DS, because talented chefs don't always translate to good business people.

I'm sure like most absentee celebrity chef places her contributions at DS after menu creation will be limited to a couple appearances a year, per the contract and all of the financial decisions will be overseen by the bean counters.
I'm pretty sure she and her team know how to open and run a successful restaurant. I'm not worried.

Excited for this to open...but if I know Disney-area restaurants, it'll have a good menu for the first 3 months before they trim it down drastically and bland it up. In other words...get there quick.
This is my concern too. Half of me fears it'll be bland from the start. I hope they're not too afraid to offer spicier options on the menu.

Or it might be because I am Korean, and their food was actually quite bad.

Neither here nor there for my point. What does one bad Korean restaurant have to do with the thought that a Korean restaurant would make sense at Disney given the 'moment' Korean culture and food is having currently. I'd say Korean, Thai and Indian is a pretty big blind spot for Disney food offerings.

We totally need a QS Indian place in one of the theme parks. Even an Indian entree at one of the boring QS places I bet would do well! Pizza, burgers, hot dogs, fries… I am so bored with those. Course, given that Disney struggles with making a decent burrito bowl, maybe that is asking too much of their chefs.

This is my concern too. Half of me fears it'll be bland from the start. I hope they're not too afraid to offer spicier options on the menu.
Most of the decent places I've been to will adjust the spice to the customers liking. Some will even ask, if someone says they want it hot, American hot or Indian hot. There's a difference in expectations...

Neither here nor there for my point. What does one bad Korean restaurant have to do with the thought that a Korean restaurant would make sense at Disney given the 'moment' Korean culture and food is having currently. I'd say Korean, Thai and Indian is a pretty big blind spot for Disney food offerings.
I think you're reading too much into their post. They never said a bad Korean restaurant near USO meant Disney shouldn't bother. They were just pointing out that one that is already in the Orlando area is bad.

We totally need a QS Indian place in one of the theme parks. Even an Indian entree at one of the boring QS places I bet would do well! Pizza, burgers, hot dogs, fries… I am so bored with those. Course, given that Disney struggles with making a decent burrito bowl, maybe that is asking too much of their chefs.
How do they not have one in AK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter