new info on PIN codes!

I'm not sure why so many people are asking to be sent a PM when the link is in this thread.

The link is to Focalex, and they do list Disney as a marketing partner.

It seems as if the Universal offer is to preview a timeshare (which I'm not going to do at Disney)

As for the Nestle offer for the free tickets to Universal if you stay 4 nights--you don't need a special link for that. Universal has a Stay and Play 4 Free offer, in which you get 2 park tickets for free if you stay at least 4 nights in an on-site Universal resort.

Sue ellen

Thank you, Sue Ellen. I think people see the word "PIN" and get excited. Apparently they just skim over a few of the messages at the beginning and miss the important ones. Come on, people, pay attention.

My view point is that I'm not about to sign up at a marketing website of all places. I get enough spam and junk mail as it is. Just because a TA in who knows where says that's the marketing company Disney uses doesn't necessarily mean that is who they actually use. Let use better judgement here. How is that TA going to know? After several years of PIN codes, the name of the marketing company suddenly gets leaked out and you get these offers, oh but wait, you gotta go hear a timeshare speech. Doesn't sound appealing to me. Sorry, giving out my personal information and being subjected to the tens of thousands of spam is not worth a PIN code to me, IMO.

Everyone that signed up, can you please reply in about a month and inform us if the amount of spam you get has increased significately since signing up at this website? Thanks!

I actually subscribed, tried to confirm, there were problems sending from my email, so I figured no big deal. Now I came back here and read that these were offers for time shares and that is just not something I want to deal with. So I went back and unsubscribed just in case it went through despite the email problems. Have to agree with you jcsbama - a pin is not worth all the junk you might have to deal with.

Thanks to the OP though, it sure did seem like a good idea and it was definitely worth checking into! :goodvibes

legalslave said:
I tried to sign up - It said there was an error -that I had to be at least 13 years old. I'm almost 61!! The right year was put in, so I guess it's not meant to be that I sign up. I tried twice and got the same error message.
I had the same problem a couple of times and I then proceeded to unsubscribed to all the offers I had already subscribed to because I was so irritated.

Consider signing up with an email just for this purpose (create a hotmail or yahoo email account or something of the like) and just log in from time to time to keep it active.

I would never sign up with a primary email address for something like this in marketing just because I get a TON of spam already. I found a few good filters so I don't have to sort through nearly as much anymore, but a good alternative is using an additional email address.

Sue Ellen

OK, I'll pipe up here. I'm the travel agent that sent this info out (an incidentally, "who knows where" is actually Atlanta ;) ). My husband stumbled upon a different web site that mentioned Focalex and has a blurb on their clients and he saw Disney listed. It was a total fluke...I wasn't searching for a marketing company and it wasn't leaked to me by anyone. We found the site a while ago and I took the time to contact a representative there by email and the by phone. He did double check and confirm that Disney is still an active client. I explained my situation of having clients (and myself!) who would be interested in offers from Disney but that I couldn't recommend my clients sign up for something that was going to flood their inbox with spam. I don't need meds without a prescription, nothing on me needs "enlarging" and I don't need any new "friends," thank you very much. ;) I was able to double check that as a marketing company collecting emails that they do have strict guidelines as far as not sending you info on anything other than the topics you request and not providing your email to people who will send you info outside of those offers. It wasn't untill I verified info from them and signed up myself and gave it some time to be sure my inbox wasn't suddenly full that I sent out the email. I wasn't going to recommend it to my clients if it was going to cause problems. I did say in the email that you may want to consider using a hotmail or yahoo of some other free email address, just make sure you log in to it periodically because some of those places will drop the email if you don't log in for a certain amount of time (like a couple of months). Also, make sure it's not something that will get overly full and need to be cleaned out. On top of that, make sure it's somewhere you'll remember to check when offers come out for your dates. After email conversations with Wendy, I do know the original link that was edited out was not just directly to Focalex. It was to the page on our web site where we have this information. For whatever reason I guess that link isn't allowed to be posted and that's fine, I will honor that and not repost it. I just wanted to say that the info on that page has recommendations for what to select in signing up. Those suggestions were based on my conversation with the rep for Focalex. Using those options should eliminate or greatly reduce the time share offers. If you just signed up and selected "travel offers" then you may get those time share offers. I will say I've received one email from them and it was for a package vacation to Mexico and it's not time share related, it's just a tour operator that is having a sale. I have not had any time share offers. There was a reason I recommended selecting specific offers and the "time share" thing was one of them, that was part of the reason that we set up an informational page on our web site rather than just saying "sign up at Focalex."

I also want to say that we have NEVER stated that signing up would guarantee you a PIN. The way this marketing comapny works is Disney says "give me address of people who want this type of offer." Focalex gives them that database and Disney applies their own demographic criteria that they want to market to. I just wanted to be clear that I have in no way ever suggested that this is a sure fire pin generator. :)

I hope those of you hoping for a special offer or code are successful in finding them! :)

Oh, and I've had a few people tell me they have gotten the you must be 13 message. Just wait a while and try again later. That happened to me when entering my husband's info. I tried again the next afternoon and it worked fine.

well said and again, thanks for the info lollipopmom... i signed up as instructed on your website and have not received any unwanted (or wanted -- boohoo) emails to date... i did not receive the universal one, but possibly because i followed your instructions to the letter!

again, thank you for sharing... i appreciate it!

The Universal Tickets is a timeshare ploy. Not only that, but instead of Universal it got switched to Sea World. :rotfl:

I heard this from someone else about 2 years ago and signed up with focalex back then. Honestly, I never thought about it after maybe a few weeks, but we have gotten 3 or 4 e-mail pin codes and 2 or 3 postcard pin codes in the past year or 2. Not saying this is why, but also, maybe it is. We'll probably never know for sure, but it can't hurt to try. Oh, and I don't get anymore spam than I used to.

Out of curiosity how many people that just signed up got an offer for the Universal,daytona vacation? They claim to be offering it to a few people. Am i just gullable? My hubby says yes!!!!

vic32 said:
Out of curiosity how many people that just signed up got an offer for the Universal,daytona vacation? They claim to be offering it to a few people. Am i just gullable? My hubby says yes!!!!

Yes, I got it. They sent me a pin code, and also called me with a pin code. When I used it, it came up 'Free Seaworld tickets'. Not Universal as was advertised. :rotfl:

Has anyone that signed up with Focalax gotten a pin or anything else from Disney since signing up? I am just curious if I signed up correctly or not because I have not gotten anything yet.

Since the PIN offers that were coming out when this was posted are the same as the ones that people have received since, chances are Disney has not requested a new list from Focalex. We haven't had a big rush of "I got an email" posts since this started so I think it's probably too soon. Hopefully by the next round people will start to see offers coming in. :)

Debs5angels said:
Did anyone accept the Universal offer?
I didn't accept. I want to stay on the property. They are offering the DoubleTree hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter