New from Ohio

rkcb

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around the site for quite awhile now and finally decided to register. Just wanted to post here and say hello. We are planning a trip in July 2009. I hatched the plan over a year ago and have kicked around so many different ideas and options since then that my brain hurts sometimes!

Hello from ASHTABULA OHIO and welcome you will absolutely LOVE these messages, info, and people.....ENJOY :goodvibes

Actually, the trip is for 17. There's 10 of us, 2 bil/2 sil and three more kids! I just found out about the other two today. The other parts of the family are in NH and Virginia. We will also be meeting my sister and bil who live in the Orlando area. So, parts of the trip will be for 19.

Did you read here for awhile before you registered? I found this site last year and have read off and on since then. I figured if I registered I could unleash my Disney insanity on someone other than my poor DH. None of the kids know about the trip and we are currently thinking of ways to spring it on them at some point in the future. In the meantime my DH thinks I'm crazy for planning this far in advance. :rotfl:

Ashtabula...we are in the Toledo area. I've been here most of my life except for a couple of years when I lived in North Florida. I agree the boards/people are great and I doubt anyone here will think I'm insane for planning this far out!

Welcome fellow Ohioian. Where abouts ? We're headed for our 41 trip this August, hope you get the fever.

We are about 25 miles west of Toledo. UT is my alma mater. My DH is one of those insane OSU fans. You know the type that has to have an OSU logo on every shirt and every shirt must be either scarlet or gray or preferably both. Since I lived not too far from Gainesville for awhile though, I had a great time ribbing him with numerous "go Gators!" comments last year.

I'm not sure how many trips I've made to Disney. When I found these boards, I tried to estimate, but I can't come close. We have group homes for mentally challenged people and I used to take them to Orlando for vacation. One winter we flew down for ten days at a time, came home for one or two days and flew back with a new group!

However, this trip will be a first for my DH and five of our eight kids. Three of the kids have been there before but they were so little they don't remember much, if anything. I think when we get there I might run in ahead of them so I can get pictures when they see it for the first time! That will be priceless.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :cool1:

18.gif

We are about 25 miles west of Toledo.
Hello we are almost neighbors. I am impressed that you were able to find the dis boards and get on or off them at your desire. I am addicted. There has been no off the boards for me since I found them.

Hi there from Elyria Ohio. There is so much information on these boards so if you have any questions feel free to search or ask as many questions.

We were all once in your newbie shoes and everyone here is so helpful. ::yes::

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

sdoll, we've probably seen each other at Sam's or WalMart and I use the Holland Branch library all the time. We're actually in Delta, but no one knows where that is. Don't be too impressed with my comment about the boards though, I was more "on" than "off".

Welcome...I am from Toledo! UT is like ten-fifteen minutes from our house depending on traffic. I hope your trip planning is going well! We're trying to go back in Dec!

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

sdoll, we've probably seen each other at Sam's or WalMart and I use the Holland Branch library all the time. We're actually in Delta, but no one knows where that is. Don't be too impressed with my comment about the boards though, I was more "on" than "off".

I know where Delta is at because I love the antique store in that town. And The ice cream place. My grandma is originally from Delta too. Have a great trip!

Hello to everyone and thanks for making me feel welcome. The boards seem like such a friendly place!

sdoll, I have been told by many people that the antique store here is wonderful. I know they have lots of really neat stuff in the window. Ahhh, the Twist. We are actually within walking distance and my kids bug me all the time to go. Tuesday's are known as "coney dog days" in Delta. Crazy huh!?!

As Walt already figured out, "it's a small world"!

hi!!! Im here in Ohio too!! Im in Ashland, about a hour north of Columbus.
We are going sept 20-27 of this year. I love this board and have learned alot!
I must add-GO BUCKS!!!!! we need a smiley for OSU!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter