My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

At Liberty Tree Tavern, my 5 month old was sitting on my lap during lunch. I was eating the turkey dinner, when I noticed my hand was wet with something that basically looked like the gravy from the meal. Thank goodness I didn't just lick it right off of my hand because it was my 5 month old's diaper blowout that went all over me.

I don't even want to think about what would've happened if you'd just licked it off!! :scared1

ilovebassets said:
At Liberty Tree Tavern, my 5 month old was sitting on my lap during lunch. I was eating the turkey dinner, when I noticed my hand was wet with something that basically looked like the gravy from the meal. Thank goodness I didn't just lick it right off of my hand because it was my 5 month old's diaper blowout that went all over me. (He was totally breastfed at that time so it didn't really smell like poop.) I ended up just throwing his clothes away since he was more than 50% poop covered. My shorts and shirt were completely covered in poop and I had to go and buy a sundress to wear instead at one of the gift shops. We were in port on a disney cruise, so I couldn't even easily go and change in a resort room. So gross. Thankfully, the hostess at LTT was super nice and walked me to the clothing store.

That's horrible!!! So was it at LTT or in port on a Disney Cruise? LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

That's horrible!!! So was it at LTT or in port on a Disney Cruise? LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

We were at LTT. A stop at Port Canaveral with transportation to the park was actually part of the cruise. The cruise itself left from Galveston. So no way could we go back to the ship in the middle of the day to change.

ilovebassets said:
We were at LTT. A stop at Port Canaveral with transportation to the park was actually part of the cruise. The cruise itself left from Galveston. So no way could we go back to the ship in the middle of the day to change.

Oh, ok, that makes sense. :)

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Took me days to read all these and I have been laughing for days. We leave for Disney in 6 days so it has been a fun past-time.

Our family's most embarrassing moment was last year and happened to my DH. My DH is quite a character with a good sense of humor, but hates being made the center of attention. Well, we went to the Hoop Dee Do Review. He was having a grand time laughing at my father because one of the characters sat in my father' lap (Dad's a minister, and these things don't normally happen to him)....when all of a sudden my DH is spotlighted and the focus moves to him. Well, he turns bright red, puts his head down and is trying to avoid it. The lady comes up to him asks his name and so forth. For the rest of the show he was spot lighted, has to make toot toot sounds for the show, and earned a nickname we all laugh at even now.

Heading back to our cabin at Fort Wilderness, I can't resist teasing him even more and proceed to yell ahead to him that Annie Oakley called and was looking for him. All of a sudden he entire bus is laughing. I had forgotten that it was really late at night and that everyone on the bus had been at the show and knew him well at this point. Needless to say he was several shades red and didn't speak to me till we got back to the cabin.

The kicker is that my DD was using her iphone to record some of the show at the same time that DH was first picked on and GOT IT ALL, but none of us realized it except her. The video has since been sent to my parents and sisters and every so often we watch it and laugh hysterically. Funny, he doesn't seem to watch it often and certainly doesn't laugh as hard as the rest of us.

Mine was also at the HDDR a few years back. We were traveling with a group of friends and we had a large table up front. I got selected to play the angle (AKA The Guy with the Pink Tutu). I brought the house down. :blush:

Mine was also at the HDDR a few years back. We were traveling with a group of friends and we had a large table up front. I got selected to play the angle (AKA The Guy with the Pink Tutu). I brought the house down. :blush:

Ha, ha...my DH did make the comment that at least he was the Tutu guy. was surprised how much I enjoyed that show.

In 1992 I broke my leg in 21 places in Feb. and the cast came off in May.When this happened we already had a Disney Vacation planned for June of 1992, with my husband, my 12 year old DS, my 13 year old DN, so I could not cancel due to my leg. We went to Typhoon Lagoon, so I went to sit in the wave pool, so everyone else could go have fun in the park. Before I sat down on the edge , an area that looks like a sandbar, but it is concrete. Before I sat down, I asked one of the lifeguards, how strong the waves were, because one I sat down, I would have problems getting up without my crutches, the lifeguard said the waves would not be a problem, so I sat on the sandbar, and the waves started! They were so strong I was sliding on my butt, and the only way for me is to roll over and get on my knees, but I cant since the waves keep coming. I look like a fish out of water flopping around on the concrete sandbar. It had to look funny to anyone that was watching. but it was not funny to me. Also the bottom of my bathing suit got really thin, real fast.

In 1992 I broke my leg in 21 places in Feb. and the cast came off in May.When this happened we already had a Disney Vacation planned for June of 1992, with my husband, my 12 year old DS, my 13 year old DN, so I could not cancel due to my leg. We went to Typhoon Lagoon, so I went to sit in the wave pool, so everyone else could go have fun in the park. Before I sat down on the edge , an area that looks like a sandbar, but it is concrete. Before I sat down, I asked one of the lifeguards, how strong the waves were, because one I sat down, I would have problems getting up without my crutches, the lifeguard said the waves would not be a problem, so I sat on the sandbar, and the waves started! They were so strong I was sliding on my butt, and the only way for me is to roll over and get on my knees, but I cant since the waves keep coming. I look like a fish out of water flopping around on the concrete sandbar. It had to look funny to anyone that was watching. but it was not funny to me. Also the bottom of my bathing suit got really thin, real fast.

Oh my, that is a break! I am hoping you healed fine and no lingering problems!

I was hoping not to have one from our recent trip, but unfortunately, I do. I fell down, not once but TWICE in front of crowds of people.

The first time was at our resort, it was raining and we were hurrying back to our room after lunch and I was wearing my old worn out flip flops, which apparently are very slippery on the bottom when wet. My feet went in opposite directions and I ended up sprawled out half on the walkway half on the grass. I ended up skinning my knee and twisting my ankle. I was so worried that a cm had seen and would come running, that I hurried my family away and limped back to the room, with nothing on my feet. Thankfully resting for an hour helped my ankle, so I didn't spend my days limping around the parks.

The next day we were at HS, I was looking at the map and walking down some stairs, and I misjudged and missed the last step, and crumpled to the ground. I was literally there one second and gone the next. My husband and three kids burst out laughing, and I had several onlookers exclaim at my fall, but again, I got up quickly and hurried away to avoid anyone talking to me in my extreme embarrassment. I had all but forgotten the moment in my fun, until a couple hours later heading to another flight of stairs, my six year old takes my hand and very seriously and very concerned says "be careful on the stairs Mom" to which my seven year old replies with "it's alright, she's not looking at a map"

This happened when I was 5 at Disneyland. At that time I hated loud sudden noises. We were on Jungle Cruise and when the CM shot at the whatever in the water (I remember it as a gator), I put my hands over my ears and proceeded to scream. The CM tried to calm me down. He said, "I'm done, I'm done!" I uncovered my ears and yelled, "I know!", and resumed screaming. That was 53 years ago and still a fresh, and embarrassing, memory!

My family went to Disneyland/California Adventure a few years ago. My husband and sons were walking a little ahead of my daughter and I as we entered California Adventure in the early afternoon. My daughter was about 8 at the time, we were holding hands just walking along. I was looking to the side at a store when all of a sudden, BAM, my daughter ran smack into a free standing sign in the middle of a walkway. She went tumbling, the sign tipped over and broke, and I stood there hysterically laughing (if I am nervous, amused, scared, surprised, really any emotion and I laugh) My daughter is laying on the ground and I can't even ask if she is ok. My husband always leaves the area when I am laughing like that. It's bad. Finally a nice photopass person comes over and helps my daughter up, making sure she was ok and looking at me like I'm a terrible parent since I am still practically rolling on the ground. My daughter was just fine and later said that she thought she saw money on the ground and was looking at that and didn't see the sign. I felt so bad that the sign was broke! I apologized about million times to the photopass person. My daughter can laugh about it now but still blames me saying I ran her into the sign.

My family went to Disneyland/California Adventure a few years ago. My husband and sons were walking a little ahead of my daughter and I as we entered California Adventure in the early afternoon. My daughter was about 8 at the time, we were holding hands just walking along. I was looking to the side at a store when all of a sudden, BAM, my daughter ran smack into a free standing sign in the middle of a walkway. She went tumbling, the sign tipped over and broke, and I stood there hysterically laughing (if I am nervous, amused, scared, surprised, really any emotion and I laugh) My daughter is laying on the ground and I can't even ask if she is ok. My husband always leaves the area when I am laughing like that. It's bad. Finally a nice photopass person comes over and helps my daughter up, making sure she was ok and looking at me like I'm a terrible parent since I am still practically rolling on the ground. My daughter was just fine and later said that she thought she saw money on the ground and was looking at that and didn't see the sign. I felt so bad that the sign was broke! I apologized about million times to the photopass person. My daughter can laugh about it now but still blames me saying I ran her into the sign.

I do the same thing with emotion when something shocking like that happens. I have made DH mad at me more than once for it but I can't help it.

I fell in the UK at Epcot broke my finger, blooded my face and hit my head knocked the wind out of myself. Had a fabulous Medic and EMT crew . Scarred my Dh and children and two very sweet older ladies sitting on a bench in the shade.Not my best moment .

I also fell in the UK after just coming out of the pub there, but I hadn't anything to drink. We were just asking directions. I passed out from heat stroke and ended up with a badly sprained ankle and bruised everywhere. I ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of our trip and I looked like I'd been in a car wreck. Nothing was broken thankfully. I got lots of unwanted attention too as I frightened a lot of people apparently as they came running over to me. I refused to walk near that pub on our last trip, perhaps being a bit superstitious. On that same trip my son also fell in the UK. It was not our lucky country!

That is actually good luck. But yuck!

Trip we just got back from, leaving Animal Kingdom and walking toward the exit my DS decided to go through one of the "caves". Fine, meet us at the other end. As he stepped away, a bird flew over and deposited it's last few meals. Just missed everybody, but the "splat" was impressive.

I was so glad it missed :-)

mine was at the magic kingdom 2008 I fell out and had my first seizure on the ramp to monorail I was walking with my cane and I as I'm seizing I some how hit my sister square in the face.

oh my THIS is my biggest fear as a epileptic with my first trip coming up in March. I hope you was ok!!!

Last trip, a little 8 year old boy was chatting with me while I waited for dh to get my Dole Whip. His mom was in line as well, and the line was long, so we chatted for quite some time. When his mom came over to get him, he wanted to exchange numbers so we could meet up later in our trip. What a cutie! Just a little awkward!

This is absolutely wonderful! I hope you told your DH you had a date for later in the trip. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter