My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

I'm usually pretty hard to embarrass, but I did have a moment in Art of Disney at DTD.

One evening we went in and I found the "Jingles" painting (it was April 2012, the original was apparently on loan from Disneyland. I'd seen the other paintings, listing prices for original art work, Giclée, limited print, etc, so I went to ask if there was anything similar available for "Jingles".

Me: "Excuse me, do you have any Giclées or limited prints for the Jingles painting over there?"
CM: "*chuckles* Pardon?"
Me: "Are there any Giclées or limited prints available for the Jingles painting by Yakovetic that you have the original of hung over there?"
CM: "*still chuckling, looks at me with raised eyebrows* Do you hear what you're asking me?"
Me: *confused...* "Yes...If there is a print available of the Jingles painting over there."
[By now there is a family waiting behind me, and people close by are turning around to watch.]
CM: "*in a patronising tone* Really, do you HEAR what you are asking me? Do you? *to my DH stood behind me* Does she know what she asking me?"
Me: *thoroughly confused/embarrassed by now as people are staring* "YES. And frankly I don't see what the problem is. A lot of your other paintings also list prints and Giclées on their price signs. That one doesn't have a sign, so I am asking you if a print or Giclée is available for that painting."
CM: "That one is on loan from Disneyland."

At that point I just turned and left the store. It was late at night, so maybe she had a bad day or something, maybe there's some hidden knowledge about which paintings get prints and which don't that I should have read up on before we went, I don't know, but if she hadn't have been standing behind the counter I would have questioned whether she was a CM or just someone in a similar outfit! She could have just said "No, sorry." or "Nothing is available yet, check back another day.", but she went out of her way to draw out the conversation and make me feel stupid.

That was the only bad experience we had with any cast member during our 14 days at WDW, but I really wish I'd got her name before I left the store to make a proper complaint, I was really embarrassed. Even more so when we were in Ghiradelli's and a little kid pointed me out to his Grandma as "The lady from the painting shop." :blush:

I did complain when we went back to AoD a few days later, but with only a description of the woman, I got the feeling it wouldn't go very far.

Definitely my most/only embarrassing WDW moment (and I never did find out about the print!).

Somewhere out there is a man in his early 40s that has a bad memory of this awful woman who threw up on him on the tram going back to the car from the magic kingdom. He was about four at the time. My first visit to disney with my then boyfriend, now husband for 32 years. We went to the luau at the Polynesian and had a lot of Mai tais. Then went to the magic kingdom and rode on all the rides and ate a lot of junk food. Coming back in the tram, I suddenly realized that I had t throw up...now. I turned around hoping to barf over the back of the car, but I didn't make it. Threw up all over the little kid next to me sitting on his grandmothers lap. She and I were both horrified. I had a Kleenex and kept dabbing at him and saying how sorry I was. The kid looked shocked, the grand mother looked at me
Ike I was a serial killer and I presume his mother sitting across from him just kept opening and closing her mouth in horror. My now husband sitting next to me completely ignored me and looked the other way. We got off at the next stop, me on one side and him on the other. The tram left, we looked at each other across the parking lot and burst out laughing.

I'm usually pretty hard to embarrass, but I did have a moment in Art of Disney at DTD. One evening we went in and I found the "Jingles" painting (it was April 2012, the original was apparently on loan from Disneyland. I'd seen the other paintings, listing prices for original art work, Giclée, limited print, etc, so I went to ask if there was anything similar available for "Jingles". Me: "Excuse me, do you have any Giclées or limited prints for the Jingles painting over there?" CM: "*chuckles* Pardon?" Me: "Are there any Giclées or limited prints available for the Jingles painting by Yakovetic that you have the original of hung over there?" CM: "*still chuckling, looks at me with raised eyebrows* Do you hear what you're asking me?" Me: *confused...* "Yes...If there is a print available of the Jingles painting over there." [By now there is a family waiting behind me, and people close by are turning around to watch.] CM: "*in a patronising tone* Really, do you HEAR what you are asking me? Do you? *to my DH stood behind me* Does she know what she asking me?" Me: *thoroughly confused/embarrassed by now as people are staring* "YES. And frankly I don't see what the problem is. A lot of your other paintings also list prints and Giclées on their price signs. That one doesn't have a sign, so I am asking you if a print or Giclée is available for that painting." CM: "That one is on loan from Disneyland." At that point I just turned and left the store. It was late at night, so maybe she had a bad day or something, maybe there's some hidden knowledge about which paintings get prints and which don't that I should have read up on before we went, I don't know, but if she hadn't have been standing behind the counter I would have questioned whether she was a CM or just someone in a similar outfit! She could have just said "No, sorry." or "Nothing is available yet, check back another day.", but she went out of her way to draw out the conversation and make me feel stupid. That was the only bad experience we had with any cast member during our 14 days at WDW, but I really wish I'd got her name before I left the store to make a proper complaint, I was really embarrassed. Even more so when we were in Ghiradelli's and a little kid pointed me out to his Grandma as "The lady from the painting shop." :blush: I did complain when we went back to AoD a few days later, but with only a description of the woman, I got the feeling it wouldn't go very far. Definitely my most/only embarrassing WDW moment (and I never did find out about the print!).

That's just awful. I'm so sorry.

With the date, time, and description I bet they knew exactly who it was.

Wow would I love a "rest of the story", where we find out what she thought you were saying or what was so inappropriate or what her problem was.

During my CP I was visiting as a guest with my family. We had an early breakfast at Crystal Palace and literally sprinted to BTM since it was at park opening. Sitting down I said to my family "I don't think this is such a good idea", as I had eaten a huge meal 5 minutes prior. We rode the ride and it all went well until you saw me sprinting down the exit and getting ill in the bushes next to water. Not only was it embarassing, getting sick like that in my own park, but the first CM I found to inform them of my misfortune was my next door neighbor at my apartment complex. Oops...Also, I was really mad about paying so much for my meal that morning and having it not stay down. :confused3

DH & I were at DHS, had just rode RR. It was Sept 2014, so still very warm and I wore a tank top with racerback front close bra underneath said tank top. I guess the clasp hadn't fully snapped that morning. Keep in mind, I'm large chested (DD's). They did not shrink back to normal size after breast feeding!! Needless to say, when we got off, we took a few steps and sure enough, it popped completely open. The "girls" were wild and free. I tried to frantically cover up what had happened. I whisper to my DH what has happened and he turns and looks at me and says VERY LOUDLY, unleash the crackens! People turn and are trying to figure out what in the world is going on. A very sympathetic female CM notices and offers to stand in front of me along with DH to secure the girls back in place. Needless to say, that afternoon we ran to the nearest VS & invested in some sport bras that were racerback to go under tank tops. Never wore that bra again.

I am home with the flu under doctor orders to rest which gets very boring. I read this entire thread today ~ so many hysterical stories.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped me get through my day!!!!!

I'm usually pretty hard to embarrass, but I did have a moment in Art of Disney at DTD.

One evening we went in and I found the "Jingles" painting (it was April 2012, the original was apparently on loan from Disneyland. I'd seen the other paintings, listing prices for original art work, Giclée, limited print, etc, so I went to ask if there was anything similar available for "Jingles".

Me: "Excuse me, do you have any Giclées or limited prints for the Jingles painting over there?"
CM: "*chuckles* Pardon?"
Me: "Are there any Giclées or limited prints available for the Jingles painting by Yakovetic that you have the original of hung over there?"
CM: "*still chuckling, looks at me with raised eyebrows* Do you hear what you're asking me?"
Me: *confused...* "Yes...If there is a print available of the Jingles painting over there."
[By now there is a family waiting behind me, and people close by are turning around to watch.]
CM: "*in a patronising tone* Really, do you HEAR what you are asking me? Do you? *to my DH stood behind me* Does she know what she asking me?"
Me: *thoroughly confused/embarrassed by now as people are staring* "YES. And frankly I don't see what the problem is. A lot of your other paintings also list prints and Giclées on their price signs. That one doesn't have a sign, so I am asking you if a print or Giclée is available for that painting."
CM: "That one is on loan from Disneyland."

At that point I just turned and left the store. It was late at night, so maybe she had a bad day or something, maybe there's some hidden knowledge about which paintings get prints and which don't that I should have read up on before we went, I don't know, but if she hadn't have been standing behind the counter I would have questioned whether she was a CM or just someone in a similar outfit! She could have just said "No, sorry." or "Nothing is available yet, check back another day.", but she went out of her way to draw out the conversation and make me feel stupid.

That was the only bad experience we had with any cast member during our 14 days at WDW, but I really wish I'd got her name before I left the store to make a proper complaint, I was really embarrassed. Even more so when we were in Ghiradelli's and a little kid pointed me out to his Grandma as "The lady from the painting shop." :blush:

I did complain when we went back to AoD a few days later, but with only a description of the woman, I got the feeling it wouldn't go very far.

Definitely my most/only embarrassing WDW moment (and I never did find out about the print!).

I am so sorry, that is totally uncalled for. CMs deal with guest questions all day long, I have NO idea would you said that may have been in error, but there is no need for a CM to react like this. I hope this won't keep you from visiting again, and that you'll be treated better next trip. :earsboy:

It was the animation classes at DHS, and the animator asked if we knew the song to tigger, of course, everyone started singing it... but stopped at two lines. I was two line further into the song before I realized I was singing alone... and then the animator made me finish the entire thing. I was mortified, but she gave me her drawing, so I guess it ended well enough.

My most embarrassing moment also includes Splash Mountain.
Up until this trip I didn't put a lot of thought into my clothing ensembles for the parks. I went for cool and comfortable. This particular day to MK, I was wearing a light colored ( and thin) pair of shorts.
Well, of course we rode Splash. Of course I got soaked. Of course I got out of the ride and not thinking of anything except where to next.
Until my DH starts singing "Blue Moon".
My light and thin and wet and transparent shorts were showing off my lovely blue underpants.

Your story made me laugh the hardest so far, your husband singing sounds like something someone in my family would do :lmao:

I posted my most embarrassing moment earlier in this post so I decided to post DH's now. DD was 3 and we were staying at SSR with DS 18 at the time, DH and I. DD begged for one of the princess wands. DS kept telling us not to because he knew she would be after him. Being a smart-a** DH bought her one. We got to the SSR bus stop, sat down and DH told her to chase her brother. Well that was all she needed to be told and she began chasing him in circles swinging away. I am yelling for it to stop, DS is laughing cause DD can't catch him. DD is swinging harder and harder trying to hit him and DH is laughing at me and telling me to just let her be a child.

Well our bus pulled up and DH stands up to head to the bus just as DS ran by. DD right on his heels comes around the corner swinging and slammed the wand full force into his gentlemanly place and he goes to the ground. DS sees this and falls over laughing so hard he rolls in front of the now stopped bus. DD just stops dead. I start yelling because I think she hit his knee which had recently had surgery.

The other people at the bus stop are trying not to laugh but can't help it. Finally DH chokes out what happened to me as I am asking about his knee and I loose it completely. I laughed so hard I cried.

Needless to say DD has never gotten another princess wand no matter how much she has begged.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I've tripped and have fallen so many times I can barely keep track...

The last was as DL last year. My fiancé at the time (now DH) and I were crossing to get to tomorrowland on Main Street while everyone was sitting and standing to wait for the parade.

I tripped in the sidewalk and tried to stop myself which only dragged it out farther, until I finally fell.

Oh yeah, and I was wearing a dress. That came up to display my undies.

My DH quickly pulled my black dress down to cover my bright green undies, picked me up and said "just keep walking".... Then 25 ft later he laughed. I was mortified. :headache:

That's just awful. I'm so sorry.

With the date, time, and description I bet they knew exactly who it was.

Wow would I love a "rest of the story", where we find out what she thought you were saying or what was so inappropriate or what her problem was.

Me too, I would love to know what her reasons were! I won't describe her on here, but she was the only person who would fit her description in the store at the time so I know they will have been able to track her down from what we said.

I work in retail myself so I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and think "well maybe she just had a horrible day, perhaps someone was really mean to her, or she'd just had her fill of kids being little a-holes..." etc, but she was so un-Disney I couldn't believe it! My DH thought that she had a problem with me asking for a print of an original oil painting, instead of a print of a print, or something like that...But they sell prints of all the other originals they had on the wall (and at one point there were prints available of the painting I wanted), so I don't see why it would be so odd! I have a friend who works in an art store and I asked him the same question, he didn't think it strange or badly-worded/hard to understand at all, so I don't know what her problem was!

I am so sorry, that is totally uncalled for. CMs deal with guest questions all day long, I have NO idea would you said that may have been in error, but there is no need for a CM to react like this. I hope this won't keep you from visiting again, and that you'll be treated better next trip. :earsboy:

I love art so I will definitely be back in AoD again! We did go back again on our trip, but DH went in first and scoped the place out for "The Anti-Mouse" as we dubbed her! :rotfl2:

The embarrassing moment that I'm willing to share happened in Mexico at Epcot a couple of years ago. I'd arrived in Orlando that day from the UK and headed straight to Epcot to get a drink to slurp on while I wandered around. Well, as I left the stand I think that I was concentrating a leetle too hard on slurping my drink and no so hard on my surroundings because I managed to trip right over the kerb and over one of the handrails near by. A very nice young man helped me to my feet and suggested that maybe I'd had enough for the night ...

1F

Somewhere out there is a man in his early 40s that has a bad memory of this awful woman who threw up on him on the tram going back to the car from the magic kingdom. He was about four at the time. My first visit to disney with my then boyfriend, now husband for 32 years. We went to the luau at the Polynesian and had a lot of Mai tais. Then went to the magic kingdom and rode on all the rides and ate a lot of junk food. Coming back in the tram, I suddenly realized that I had t throw up...now. I turned around hoping to barf over the back of the car, but I didn't make it. Threw up all over the little kid next to me sitting on his grandmothers lap. She and I were both horrified. I had a Kleenex and kept dabbing at him and saying how sorry I was. The kid looked shocked, the grand mother looked at me Ike I was a serial killer and I presume his mother sitting across from him just kept opening and closing her mouth in horror. My now husband sitting next to me completely ignored me and looked the other way. We got off at the next stop, me on one side and him on the other. The tram left, we looked at each other across the parking lot and burst out laughing.
Now that is just unacceptable. He's probably scarred for life! I would be. :(

I guess it's not that embarrassing since no one was there to witness it, but I couldn't figure out how to work the shower in my resort. I turned the handle all the way over to the red side and the water was still cold. I had an unpleasant cold shower for a few minutes thinking that something was wrong with the water temperature before I realized that I only needed to turn the handle a bit further to get to the hot water. Duh!

I just finished the entire thread and I had my eyes watering after a couple of them I was laughing so hard :lmao: I have a one that happened at SeaWorld.

It was my mom, dad, sis, Bil and one of my friends. We were walking around the park and wound up looking at the clydesdales and yeah they're big but after 2 minutes that was enough for my dad and myself so we stood off to the side by an empty stall. We were talking and all of a sudden my dad tells me to move away and watch this :confused3 I moved away and then in a very loud voice while look into the empty stall he said, "aww look at the baby" and quickly moved out of the way. Everyone(about 30 people including the people with us) rush over and are looking in the empty stall for the baby clydesdale. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Me and my dad are about falling down laughing when my mom looks at us and calls us a not so nice A-word(no kids were around) :lmao: then a woman asked my mom if she was there with us and when my mom said, "yes" the woman straight faced and very mad said, "I'm sorry" :rotfl::thumbsup2:lmao:

Walking in on the men in a men's restroom in MK.

For some reason, my brain relates women's room to right side, so I naturally went to the entrance on the right side of the building, with daughter in tow. I wondered why there was no line, then saw a row of men lined up at the urinals, and being the discreet person I am, shouted, "Oh, Gd!". The entire line of men turned around in unison, saw my embarrassed face, then watched me high-tale it out of there. :blush::blush:

My brain is wired this way too I guess. Just this weekend, I was speeding into the restrooms by Grand Floridian Cafe and rounded that corner heading right ... into the men's room! Luckily, a guy was coming out just as I was busting in. We were both surprised!

but she went out of her way to draw out the conversation and make me feel stupid.

The irony being that she was clearly the stupid one here, and she's the one who should have been embarrassed. :mad:

It may be the little boy remembered and pointed you out later because his family was appalled at how the clerk had treated you? :confused3 Or because they didn't even understand the conversation, and had wondered what you did wrong, in which case they wouldn't have dared buy anything, is my guess. The clerk was not just anti-Disney; she was anti-sales, because who would dare ask her anything after seeing that? Disney or not, a good manager would have Had Serious Words with her.

It was my first trip to Disney since I was 5 or 6 and myself and a friend had gone to a concert at the House of Blues in Downtown. Well I was so excited by the concert and about being at Disney that I was beyond giddy. As we all know they play songs from the movies throughout the Marketplace. Well we were in front of the Disney store and "Once Upon a Dream" was on. So me being like 21 at the time decide to start dancing and doing my best attempt at haphazard ballet. Well my leg slipped out from under me and I fell hard and rolled. My friend couldn't believe what had happened. I was laughing so hard I couldn't get up. :tigger:

My most embarrassing moment occurred about two weeks ago on Test Track. I had put my sunglasses on my shirt collar and being a single rider I was on the end of the row with a shoulder belt. When the ride finished and I took my seatbelt off, it caught on my sunglasses and pulled them off my shirt and they fell onto the track at the loading area. I got off the ride (I was in spot #1 out of the 8 loading rows) and immediately told the CM what had happened. They had a tool at the loading area to retrieve them from the passenger side, passed them to the CM on the other side of the car where I was, and since I was in spot #1 the entire loading area could see what happened and they erupted in clapping and cheering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter