• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My husband thinks Disney will reduce Star Wars hotel pricing after initial release

They price seasonally across property to fill 30,000 hotel rooms. But with only 100 rooms, how seasonal do they really need to get here?

If they can find ~18,000 customers per year, they don't need to do anything to incentivize vacancy. Surely there are enough "childless millennial" DINKs (Dual Income, No Kids) alone to make that happen.

I think it is more likely that there will be a year-long waitlist than that there will be rooms going vacant during the school year.
Well, they do say in today’s release that prices vary by date. And these are weeknight prices in late August-September—traditionally a low price season. So to OP’s question—yeah price will for sure being going up from this.

I wonder how much a single occupant would be, but I'm not likely to pay 3k or so to be told what to do for 2 nights - Even if they let me have more freedom - and I like Star Wars.

I wonder how much a single occupant would be, but I'm not likely to pay 3k or so to be told what to do for 2 nights - Even if they let me have more freedom - and I like Star Wars.
I would assume a solo guest would have to pay the double occupancy rate, like on a cruise, but I haven’t seen that info included in the pricing yet.

I'm still wondering if the excursion to Batuu will be during regular park hours or not. I'm really hoping the answer is that they'll keep GE open an extra hour at night for cruisers so we could ride ROTR and SR multiple times. Also, getting to wander around GE just with other cruisers and actors from the cruise will be more immersive. I've often wished that WOHP hosted LARP nights where all the guests needed to come in robes/costumes, but that's because I'm a giant nerd.

I'm still wondering if the excursion to Batuu will be during regular park hours or not. I'm really hoping the answer is that they'll keep GE open an extra hour at night for cruisers so we could ride ROTR and SR multiple times. Also, getting to wander around GE just with other cruisers and actors from the cruise will be more immersive. I've often wished that WOHP hosted LARP nights where all the guests needed to come in robes/costumes, but that's because I'm a giant nerd.

If you look at the website, you can see the whole experience is scheduled. You don't get to pick what you're doing and when - they tell you what time you're going on the ride. (I assume you'll be let right on and won't have to wait.)

If you look at the website, you can see the whole experience is scheduled. You don't get to pick what you're doing and when - they tell you what time you're going on the ride. (I assume you'll be let right on and won't have to wait.)

Yep, just saw that. I'm a bit surprised that the on-planet experience is taking up half a day. Given how expensive this cruise is, I would have expected more time on the ship. And it will break the immersion to be going around GE during regular hours, unless they really plan to keep you with them the whole time going through back entrances so that you don't get a chance to wander off into shops or anything.

Yep, just saw that. I'm a bit surprised that the on-planet experience is taking up half a day. Given how expensive this cruise is, I would have expected more time on the ship. And it will break the immersion to be going around GE during regular hours, unless they really plan to keep you with them the whole time going through back entrances so that you don't get a chance to wander off into shops or anything.
Quoting myself - this is what I'm guessing might be the plan.

I thought they mentioned you could also visit the rest of Hollywood Studios. I assume you have unlimited (or at least 1+) number of FP opportunities on the two big SW rides for your time in the park. Probably some guaranteed Oga time as well, I don't know.

I'm not going at these rates, which is okay. If I was going, you can be certain I would NOT sleep for a moment of this trip. Those cast members would earn their money on this guy. It'd be three in the morning, and I'd be talking about holocrons with some poor cleaner in the hallways. Gotta get my money's worth!!!

This is the most disgusting cash grab Disney has ever done. A family costs....$6k per night. I can do an entire week at WDW for that. There is NOTHING in this planet worth that for one night.

This is the most disgusting cash grab Disney has ever done. A family costs....$6k per night. I can do an entire week at WDW for that. There is NOTHING in this planet worth that for one night.
That's the "Voyage total" i.e., the price for the full 2 nights, but yeah, it's a lot, especially since with a 1pm arrival and 10am checkout, you are really only getting 1.5 days.

Then again, people pay that much for a 7-hour VIP parks tour in peak seasons. And a concierge cabin on a disney cruise will often run that much or more. This is clearly designed to be a luxury stay along those lines--which is why they only have around 100 rooms.

Yea Disney knows with the price this won't be something every Disney World traveler will do.

The morning on Batuu may double as a way to combat claustrophobia since the hotel doesn’t have any real windows.

The morning on Batuu may double as a way to combat claustrophobia since the hotel doesn’t have any real windows.

Yeah, I could see that. I'm still feeling that for the price this experience should be one more night. Otherwise it's just going to be so packed, rushing from one experience to the next with hardly a chance for a bathroom break. Maybe that's ideal for childless folks but I could see kids burning out, especially the day with the excursion and the late night entertainment.

Yeah, I could see that. I'm still feeling that for the price this experience should be one more night. Otherwise it's just going to be so packed, rushing from one experience to the next with hardly a chance for a bathroom break. Maybe that's ideal for childless folks but I could see kids burning out, especially the day with the excursion and the late night entertainment.

Yeah, the challenge might be balancing the need to take breaks with wanting to do all these things you won’t be able to do later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter