My husband thinks Disney will reduce Star Wars hotel pricing after initial release

VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
My DH made me laugh this morning. We were talking about a trip we're planning for October 2022 and how I'm dying for Disney to announce its pricing on the new Star Wars hotel (since we're all big Star Wars fans).

DH said, "Whatever the pricing is, I think we should skip that on the next trip and wait for when Disney will reduce the price."

:rotfl2:

Oh sweetie, Disney doesn't ever drop its prices. At best, you'll be able to get a package discount of some kind.

Until Disney announces the Star Wars hotel packages, I'll be sitting here waiting!

My DH made me laugh this morning. We were talking about a trip we're planning for October 2022 and how I'm dying for Disney to announce its pricing on the new Star Wars hotel (since we're all big Star Wars fans).

DH said, "Whatever the pricing is, I think we should skip that on the next trip and wait for when Disney will reduce the price."

:rotfl2:

Oh sweetie, Disney doesn't ever drop its prices. At best, you'll be able to get a package discount of some kind.

Until Disney announces the Star Wars hotel packages, I'll be sitting here waiting!
Darn skippy they will only raise the price 😆

That’s their MO too… roll stuff out with a relatively reasonable price. Then after it’s well received and positive reviews dominate search algorithms, raise the price and chip away at it by increasing attendance, lower some of the quality, etc.
Disney always make sure to lead with the right foot.

and that’s my story so I can convince DH to do stuff when it first is offered lol. ‘It’s never gonna be better than this!’

I think only SW nuts, like me, will pay or even enjoy this. You just can't leave and head to MK when it suits you. It's a sequestered event where you can go to HS but no time for anything else. Once people start whining about it being boring for them I will be interested in price changes. Also wondering if people with claustrophobia would even book it.

Just look at how much the price for a lightsaber build has gone up. Even the backpacks for the droids went up over the course of the first few months when they proved to be more popular than expected. I also expect things to get cut to make the "cruises" more cost-efficient, whether it's food items or entertainment elements. We'll be booking as soon as we're able to, if the prices are within our budget.

I look at the SW Hotel as basically another Disney Cruise, ala DCL

you board your ship, there is food and entertainment on board throughout the cruise, and you stop of at a port, that happens to be in space.

make that a “specialty cruise”, so many of your fellow cruisers who are Star Wars fans will be in various stages of costume…kind of like pirate night on the Disney Cruise Line.

I look at the SW Hotel as basically another Disney Cruise, ala DCL

you board your ship, there is food and entertainment on board throughout the cruise, and you stop of at a port, that happens to be in space.

make that a “specialty cruise”, so many of your fellow cruisers who are Star Wars fans will be in various stages of costume…kind of like pirate night on the Disney Cruise Line.
I think so. Sounds cool! They could offer it under the average Disney cruise price/person because the overhead is likely less. I’m hoping at least 😆 Then it wouldn’t seem too crazy.

I wonder if they'll offer last minute spots at a discount if the spots don't fill, like an upgrade.

I am a huge Star Wars nut and even I would not pay that for this place. Besides, I know I would never get my wife to go for this since she hates Star Wars. It was all I could do to get her to agree to ride RotR when we go. LOL

I expect the “mission” concept to disappear or be watered down, once the hardcore SW fans have had their fix and normal people staying at the hotel start asking why they can’t do SDD and ToT on their planet visit day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter