My Favorites! August 2023 Exercise Challenge

Another 42 minutes. Let's see, my #1 favorite song is pretty easy to guess: Grim Grinning Ghosts, but after that one you get into songs no one would know: Happily Ever After and Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow from Carousel of Progress. One of the things I love about Disney is the relentless optimism, the idea that things will get better not because you hope they will, but because it's a fact - they will. That seems to be a rare and precious thing in our world, and those songs always remind me of it.

But my favorite parade is Boo to You or the short-lived but amazing parade from Disney Villains After Hours - which had all the baddies from Boo to You plus the fire breathing dragon!

121/440 - 27%
week 1: 121/110 ⭐

+10 minutes for me tonight. I did a growwithjo exercise video in the bathroom of our airbnb while our son slept in the main room. 😅
Congrats to Raya for reaching Villainous Orange.

Let's do 2 categories tonight since I missed yesterday being on the road.
First, let's share our favorite Disney Villain!
1691379280101.png

Mine is Hades! I really like James Wood's performance. The character design is also cool, with the blue flames for hair.

And for our bonus category, how about favorite Disney Stage Show? My vote goes to Festival of the Lion King!
47981559177_91122a6041_c.jpg

30 minutes. My bed almost won the battle this morning, but I convinced myself to at least put on my running clothes and try. I hate days when everything hurts and you wake up in bad mood. Moving on to more important topics:

Favorite Disney Villain!
Umm, all of them? No, it's Ursala or Dr. Facilier or Malificent as the dragon (not in her other forms, where she's can be a bit...drab). Or uh, you know I should stop before I just list them all. :P

As for stage shows - I must not stop to watch these because I can't remember the last one I've seen. Maybe the Hunchback of Norte Dome show back in Hollywood Studios? That's going back a long long time though. I'll have to make a list of your favorites for the next trip!

151/440 - 34%
week 2: 30/110

+95

240/1200

Favorite Parade:

Right now, probably Harmony in Color from Tokyo Disneyland. It was fabulous! But I also really like Paint the Night. (And the parades that provided my favorite songs!)

Favorite villain:

Cruella de Vil

Favorite stage show:

We don’t really watch these so I don’t have an answer for this one!

+210 for the past few days... walking, spin class, arm and core

340/1395... 24%

Catching up with favorites:
Favorite music... the music loops at Spaceship Earth and as you cross the bridge in to Adventure Land... both are "yes I'm really here" triggers.
Favorite parade... I'm not really a parade gal but enjoyed Boo to You
Favorite Villain... I love watching Gaston work in the meet-and-greets, but really he's pretty problematic.

Favorite Show... Lion King

Favorite Villain... I love watching Gaston work in the meet-and-greets, but really he's pretty problematic.
Okay but...hear me out...France is about to be plunged into a famine that will ultimately result in the French revolution. In a shortish period of time all of the nobility will be beheaded. So who's the better pick? The prince, who will let you lead a posh life for the next 2 years before you get introduce to Monsieur Guillotin or the hunter who can probably keep you fed? I mean sure he's a sexist jerk, but food y'all. Food matters.

Okay but...hear me out...France is about to be plunged into a famine that will ultimately result in the French revolution. In a shortish period of time all of the nobility will be beheaded. So who's the better pick? The prince, who will let you lead a posh life for the next 2 years before you get introduce to Monsieur Guillotin or the hunter who can probably keep you fed? I mean sure he's a sexist jerk, but food y'all. Food matters.
Excellent point!

20 treadmill minutes Thursday, for 85/600.

I skipped Friday/Saturday/Sunday because I was helping set up and run a flea market event. Im not actually worried about exercise because I was on my feet a ton, lifting stuff, etc. - but I don't really have a good way to translate it into countable time, so I'm just going to move on from where I am. I should be back in my regular routine tonight and be able to catch up to pace soon.

My favorite Disney villain is definitely Ursula - I love her song!

I don't really have a favorite stage show.

I don't have any minutes to add today, since we were once again on the road, this time making our way to Cincinnati to be with my family. We got to visit my grandma and grandpa tonight after we arrived. 😊

Oneanne and the Team are now Musical Blue (and Oneanne is close to another change). So how about another musical question?
What is your favorite song from a Disney movie?

My #1 favorite has to be I Can Go the Distance from Hercules.

I See the Light from Tangled gets an honorable mention.

And I absolutely must shout out Someday from ZOMBIES, (which is also my favorite Disney Channel Original Movie).

+30 minutes for yesterday... I decided it was more important to go find people who would cook my dinner and serve it to me than going for an evening walk, so not many to add but it does put me over the next color change.

370/1395... 27%

I honestly don't see many Disney movies, so it's hard to think of music I like... maybe Super-cali-fragil-istic-expi-ali-docius from Mary Poppins... and yes I did have to Google for that spelling.

755 minutes - horses and running

860/2000

Catching up on favorites:

Snack - I cannot choose just one! My top three faves are the Cheshire Cat Tail in MK, the chocolate peanut butter brownie from Mara in AKL, and school bread from Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in Norway in Epcot.

Disney Parks Song has to be Happily Ever After theme from the fireworks show.

Parade - Festival of Fantasy, but I also loved the boat cavalcade at AK park during the holidays. Loved spotting Scrooge McDuck!!!!

View recent photos.png

View recent photos (1).png

IMG_6727.jpg

Villain - Maleficent from the live action films

Stage Show - can we include Disney Broadway? If so, Frozen. If not, and it has to be a parks stage show, then Frozen Sing along! :rotfl2: I just really like Frozen!

Song from a Disney movie - God Help the Outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame

I have 40 minutes to add from yesterday, spending the morning at King's Island while my mom got to watch baby Charles. (It was our first time leaving Charles with someone!)
With that I have reached Villainous Orange and so has sophy1996, Oneanne, Twilight Sparkle, BleuB, and the TEAM!

Today let's share our favorite Disney Ride and/or Rollercoaster!

My favorite ride is Haunted Mansion at MK in WDW (it was Splash Mountain at MK, but it's now "gone" and I will have to wait to see the re-theme before I rate it again).
40297490723_04a176e62b_c.jpg
My favorite rollercoaster is Expedition Everest! But I haven't ridded Guardians or Tron yet, so we'll see if my opinion changes.
47981625486_72358ec0a9_c.jpg

Happy first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party of the season day! I wish I was there! Instead I climbed on to the treadmill from 47 minutes this morning with another new pair of running shoes. These are a very pretty shade of purple, so despite some hiccups they're getting another run before I declare them not the ones.

Favorite non-coaster and ride in general: Haunted Mansion! Slightly sad note: I've lost a bunch of loved ones over the years and I'll always be grateful to Disney for letting me imagine them having an amazing time at a party in a mansion. If I had a choice of places to haunt after all this, Haunted Mansion would be it!

Favorite Coaster: Space Mountain - it was such a huge deal to me as a kid, growing up with a space themed playground, watching Star Trek on TV and then going on Space Mountain. It was like being in space for me. It just brings me so much joy.

198/440 - 45%
week 2: 77/110

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter