My Favorites! August 2023 Exercise Challenge

I had some stuff going on, so I fell off a bit, but here are few more minutes to end August:

Fri-8/25 - 10
Sat-8/26 - 25
Sun-8/27 (skip)
Mon-8/28 - 15
Tue-8/29 (skip)
Wed-8/30 - 20
Thu-8/31 - 5
------------------
75 new minutes
final total = 480/600 (80%)

So, the question is, what is your favorite Disney Restaurant/Meal?
Skipper Canteen - for the Kungaloosh! dessert

happy belated birthday, @Elizabeth Smith !!!
from me as well!

Who is your favorite animated character?
Sally from Cars

And what about a favorite Live Action character?
Pollyanna, of course!

What is your favorite Disney Franchise or Series?
Hocus Pocus

I have my final 10 minutes to add for the night from a bit of yoga. Was feeling lightheaded, so I decided to take it easy.

With that, I have reached Favorite Green! So has Oneanne, sophy1996, and the TEAM! And yay for PollyannaMom getting to Princess Pink as well!

Our last question is the most sentimental: What's your favorite Disney Memory?

I'm lucky to have many happy Disney memories, in and out of the parks. But the memory that takes the cake for me is when my family went to WDW in 2007. I was 12, almost 13, and my older brother was 15. The first day that we arrived in the parks, we were both so excited that we held hands and skipped toward the gates. Even jaded teenagers aren't immune to the magic of Disney World! I think it made my mom cry. LOL. I hope to have memories like that with Charles (and hopefully some little siblings) someday!

I'll come back in the next day or so to tally up final minutes.

+60 to round out the month and wrap up my pre-vacation training.
1510/1395... 108%

My Niece and Nephews each had a Disney World with Auntie trip when they were 10/11 years old, and those trips hold my favorite memories. Each got a copy of the Birnbaum's Disney World for Kids book from which they were to choose a few must-dos in each park.

During my Niece's trip she for sure wanted to do Space Mountain, but while we were in the line she started to get nervous seeing other kids bail out. When we got to the warning sign "If you're pregnant, have a bad back... don't ride" she studied it and then told me "I have a condition and shouldn't do this ride". I asked her what it was because her Mom hadn't mentioned anything and she replied "Tennis elbow." We'd been in line for quite a while at that point so I was bad Auntie and made her ride it... she loved it, I hated it.

Nephew #1 had Splash mountain on the top of his list, but when he watched the promo for it on the television in the resort room he was a bit freaked out when he saw the drop and heard "45 miles an hour". When ever we walked past the ride I asked if he wanted to do it and he always had an excuse not to. On the last day we were walking past and I saw there was no line, so I just steered us thru the queue and we kept walking and talking. He didn't realize where we were until we were right at the loading spot, he wanted to bolt but also didn't want to look un-cool... again bad Auntie made him get in and it was his favorite thing.

Nephew #2 studied the book front to back and told me everything I need to know about everything the entire trip. He is a bit of a thrill junkie so no challenges getting him on any ride, the favorite things we did was the interactive card game including stopping at MK everyday to get cards and doing card trading at Tortuga tavern one day.

Last edited:

I did manage a 45 minute run to finish the month.

2545/2000

My favorite Disney memory is the first time my daughter and I saw the holiday edition of the Frozen Sing Along stage show on our first mother daughter trip. We both love the song When We're Together, and we were happily surprised they included it at the end of the show. It is now a must-do tradition whenever we are there for the holidays. And now I'm getting weepy just remembering that first time.

This isn't my video, but here's a clip of the ending:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter