Carl Betz; Dr Alex Stone on the Donna Reed Show
Gillian Jacobs--actress, Recreation
Joe Manganiello--actor, True Blood
Ming Na Wen--actress, ER
Daya--recording artist
Terry Hart--astronaut

A bunch of pro athletes

I didn't know any of these people.

When I was still living in Maine he lived one street over from me. Used to see him at the grocery store etc. He is quite the character. My daughter worked at the grocery store and said while he waited in line he would arrange the paperbacks at the end of the lane... if his were among them, he put them in the front. LOL And he waited in line like everyone else- as a matter of fact, nobody paid much attention to him at all. That's why he likes it there.

Jen Schefft - Andrew Firestone's season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette

Then my grandmother taught Dr Oz and Dick Button.

Most famous alumni from my high school:

Survivor winner Parvati Shallow
Country singer Travis Tritt
Home improvement guy Ty Pennington

Also a bunch of baseball and wrestling dudes I never heard of.

The only people I think I may have been at school with- Travis Tritt was a senior when I was a freshman, and Ty Pennington might have been there while I was (I don't remember him at all).

Voice of Pumbaa

6188979_f520.jpg

Laura Penny, formerly Laura Barnett... now a well known author and critique.

Had to google, as I know had a few athletes from my school but didn't know their names.

None that I was aware of. I looked it up and there were several business people, local/state government officials, an author, and an NBA player. The only recognizable name was Jill Biden, former Second Lady, wife of Joe Biden.

Boyz 2 Men, at the High School For Creative and Performing Arts in Philly. They were a few years behind me so I didn't know them personally but they used to stand in the hall and harmonize.

I was wondering if any CAPA kids would show up in this thread. Questlove and another member of The Roots are also CAPA Alum.

My high school was only established in 1976. I would say Jason Lee would be the most famous (he's 11 years older than me, though)

I knew The Rev (he bullied me in middle school) and peripherally Synster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold. Rusty Smith, Vince Walker, and Samoa Joe were also there the same time I was, but I didn't know them.

Notable alumni

Wikipedia lists a few notables who graduates from my high school, but really I only know who a few of them are. So here's the short list:

1. Jeff Garcia (class of 1988): played for the SF 49ers for a few years.
-He graduated 9 years before I did, but I went to school with both of his sisters.

2. Robert Guerrero (class of 2001): professional boxer

3. Robert (Bob) Kampa (class unknown...late 60s): played for the Buffalo Bills and Denver Broncos. Left after two seasons to attend grad school. He returned to tech at the same high school that he had graduated from.
-I had him as my health/drivers ed teacher in 1995.

4. Chad Kagy (class of 1997): X Games gold/silver/bronze medalist in BMX.
-While we were in the same class I don't recall having any classes together. I believe that he was in the same social circle as my bff.

Scott Wilson (plays Herschel Green on walking dead)
Paschal English ( was on one of the early seasons of survivor)
Rick Andreoli he did all the graphic artwork on the The Tonight Show when Johnny Carson was there
Sam Crenshaw (local Atlanta sports show host)
Rick Waits pitched for several MLB teams and was pitching coach
Sandee Oliver. (local celeb I mention because she was gorgeous :)) Was on the cover of Seventeen magazine and then married Steve Bartkowski Atl Falcons QB

Went to HS with Billy Ray Cyrus. Back then his claims to fame were being a WR on our state title football team, catcher for the baseball team and dating the prom queen. :D

I had to google because the only person I knew for sure was Sylvester Stallone. He attended but never graduated from the school although his brother did graduate. My school was featured in one of the Rocky movies and my brother saw some of it being filmed.

Glenn Brenner who I never heard of but is a sportscaster.

Gia Carangi - she was a model in the early 80's and was portrayed by Angelina Jolie in an early role for Jolie.

I know one of my classmates played in Pickett Fences and a couple of other TV shows but in minor roles or walkons. She thought she was going to be famous in high school.

A good friend of mine has a famous son who is a singer.....otherwise nope, no one is very famous from my school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter