MNSSHP - To Go Or Not To Go...?

JazzyJ622

Earning My Ears
So I'm taking my first solo trip Sep 19-21, 24 and 25. The MNSSHP is happening on a few of those dates.

1.) Is it worth spending roughly $75 to go?
2.) Going solo... is it worth it still?
3.) Is anyone going solo or have you gone solo before AND dressed up??

Trying to get everyone's thoughts on this. I know theres a dedicated thread to this elsewhere but nobody mentions doing this solo, dressing up, etc. Looking for the best way to maximize my experience if I do this
Anyone going in September?

-Jason

I am going on Sept 22 - with dB and DSIL - generally like MVMCP better - but moving to Florida so though might do both this year.
got a discount so pay less than you do.
have been solo before - the first time dressed up - but right now in the process of moving and have not as of yet found my outfits. So don't know yet.

I really enjoyed MNSSHP solo last year. Ended up going twice. I think it is definitely worth doing. Lots of people are dressed up even solo. I wore normal clothes for one party and dressed up for the 2nd one. I went as Minnie Mouse and got loads of great interactions with Mickey and Jack Sparrow for example. If characters are your thing then there are special characters that are out only at parties such as the Seven Dwarves and Jack and Sally

I have gone for Halloween season the past 5 years all solo. MNSSHP is awesome! The atmosphere, the music, the FIREWORKS make it the best hard ticket event. One year I went twice! I always go in costume and yes, I trick or treat!

I went solo last year and will be going solo again this year. I just wore a Halloween tshirt and ears, and will probably do the same this year. I had a blast solo. I got character photos and went trick or treating, got to do whatever I wanted at my own pace. I'm so looking forward to going again this year.

Go go go go go!!! You'll have a blast! If nothing else the ride lines are extremely short so you can repeat and threepeat all you want!

I really enjoyed MNSSHP (MVMCP not so much). I'm not a huge parade fan, but I loved the one during MNSSHP... and riding BTRR in a tutu, in the dark, was one of the funnest silliest things I've ever done. Having other guests dress up added to the fun. For sure go - you'll have a great time!

We love halloween and skipping MNSSHP is never going to happen for us. It's the only time you really see the disney villains out and the alternative fireworks and parade is great. We don't do any of the extras offered during it (villains desert party, etc) but love the whole place in halloween theme and villains around.

I'm going down in October this year - partially because of the party! I've never dressed up for it - but this year I'm going to at least get a Halloween T-shirt and I might be headband ears for the first time, too. I do a bit of everything. This year - I do plan on waiting for more special characters than I have in the past. I also hope the new villains show is good!

I'm still on the fence about the whole party. I'm traveling in a group of 6 adults and we go back and forth. If I do go I think I just may do some sort of laid back costume or Disneybounding type of outfit.

MNSSHP was the BEST thing I've ever done at Disney! I love Halloween though! Getting to go to the park in costume was so much fun and it's a great conversation starter with other guests! If you love character meets there are some rare characters that meet on party nights that have some really great interactions so I highly recommend it. There are also some really unique photo pass ops to take advantage of.
I also love Wishes but the Halloween fireworks were SOOOOO much better! The parade is also super cute and lots of fun. Plus who doesn't love Trick R' Treating?! My husband and I went though all the Trick R Treat trails several times and ended up with tons of candy. We couldn't eat all of it so we just took it home and ended up using it to hand out on actual Halloween.
We went earlier on in October so the party crowds were almost non-existent and there were NO lines for rides. Even SDMT was only a 15 min posted wait. I highly recommend going, it's too much fun and such a unique atmosphere. Don't pass it up!

Thanks for all of your feedback. I haven't heard a single person say "don't go" or "don't spend the extra money" -- so with that said, I'm going either Sep 20th or Sep 25th and I'll definitely dress for the occasion. Looking forward to all of the festivities! :)

I have a ticket booked for mid-September but have a backup plan to go in late October. How early do these sell out? If I switch to the October plan by early September, is it likely that a date in late October would be sold out? I might just buy the second ticket to ensure availability but I hate to waste the money if it's not necessary. I have limited scheduling flexibility so there is really only one date in October that would work should I need to go then rather than September.

I went last year for the first time. I went solo. I didn't dress up. But I had a great time. The atmosphere in the park is awesome. The music, the parade, the fireworks are all worth going. I had no problem getting on rides and I even hit up a couple of the candy stops. I forgot all about it even costing more money until you posted it because once I was there it didn't bother me that I spent it.

I have a ticket booked for mid-September but have a backup plan to go in late October. How early do these sell out? If I switch to the October plan by early September, is it likely that a date in late October would be sold out? I might just buy the second ticket to ensure availability but I hate to waste the money if it's not necessary. I have limited scheduling flexibility so there is really only one date in October that would work should I need to go then rather than September.

I believe the first and last time the event happens sells out fast the rest sell out as it gets closer and closer to the date.

I've gone solo in the past and had a great time. Plus, you'll get to focus on what you want to do and not have to worry about pleasing anyone else. I dressed up, but not an over the top costume.

If you want to go, go. Best part of solo is doing what you want.

I went solo last year and was glad I did. Horseman and parade were wonderful. My night was sold out and ride lines were impossibly long. I found I had to choose between standing in line or finding a spot for the parade and fireworks. I felt I did more rides rope dropping than paying $75 for the party. I will say that dinner was not agreeing with me that night and I left after the second horseman visit. Later When I felt better I regretted not trying to do more rides during the second parade and staying til park close as I felt I paid for more than I really did. But, again, I was not feeling great and it was really crowded. By the time I saw the second horseman I did not want to fight the crowd gathered for the parade to get to rides.

I am doing the Christmas party this year for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter