MNSSHP - To Go Or Not To Go...?

Are there any must-do's at the MNSSHP? Me and my fiancé (will be husband) are going for our Honeymoon, have never been to the Party and are wondering if we can fit all of the party things in or what to prioritize.

Are there any must-do's at the MNSSHP? Me and my fiancé (will be husband) are going for our Honeymoon, have never been to the Party and are wondering if we can fit all of the party things in or what to prioritize.

I can highly recommend MNSSHP. We did it the first time last year and it totally renewed our love for Disney. The parade and fireworks are both top notch and the cast members that work that night usually are the grade A, best of the best and really enjoy the parties (from our experience.) If you don't do anything else, catch the parade (we even watched it both times it was so good to us.)

PS..No kids here, just my wife & I.

So I'm taking my first solo trip Sep 19-21, 24 and 25. The MNSSHP is happening on a few of those dates.

1.) Is it worth spending roughly $75 to go?
2.) Going solo... is it worth it still?
3.) Is anyone going solo or have you gone solo before AND dressed up??

Trying to get everyone's thoughts on this. I know theres a dedicated thread to this elsewhere but nobody mentions doing this solo, dressing up, etc. Looking for the best way to maximize my experience if I do this
Anyone going in September?

-Jason

I am thinking of going solo on the 25th

A friend of mine went during her trip to Disney last year with her husband (no kids, with them or otherwise). They dressed up, and attended the villains' desert party (incidentally is that or anything like it happening this year?). It was probably the highlight of the whole trip.

As for me, both my mother and I will be attending on one of the nights we're there, and it's just us. I have every intention of dressing up and am encouraged Mom to do the same. Our costumes won't really go together (characters from different movies), but that's okay.

A friend of mine went during her trip to Disney last year with her husband (no kids, with them or otherwise). They dressed up, and attended the villains' desert party (incidentally is that or anything like it happening this year?).

They are holding a Hallowishes dessert party this year which I believe gives you the FP area for the parades, then the dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Not sure if there is anything else but I don't think there will be an special characters like last year

They are holding a Hallowishes dessert party this year which I believe gives you the FP area for the parades, then the dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Not sure if there is anything else but I don't think there will be an special characters like last year

And it's already sold out, too- on all the days. Oh well, still attending MNSSHP itself.

Im 32yr old and Im going solo. Never been to MNSSHP before. Im going Sept 22 and 25. Cant wait to experience all the party has to offer. Wont be dressing up. Wearing My Mickey Mouse shirt and Grumpy shirt days of party. Might buy Halloween MK shirt to wear.

It is a cannot miss for me-I do an annual adult/solo trip this time of year to catch F&W and MNSSHP. I dress up-and I go all out...I went with groups the first couple of times and our first costume was an easy mousketeers thing. Going on my own was as much fun as going with a group and you get extra attention when you dress up. I went as Ursula one year-and went into Ariel's Grotto to get a pic with Ariel. Lots of fun interactions with cast/characters. I usually go as a villain, though you get less notice if you are a lesser know villain...but it depends on what you want. I like the attention-may not be for everyone. You will not be out of place if you go all out, do something simple or don't dress up at all. Part of the fun is checking out the other guests costumes...do not miss the parade, the fireworks and there are usually special treats-candy corn ice cream comes to mind. There is also special merchandise put out as well. Have a great time!

Do NOT miss parade (Live headless horseman, great villains, great costumes) and do NOT miss Hallowishes! Both are unique and amazing to Disney! Also you guys might want to think about some esy fun couples costumes! Many people dress up and it's a blast! Doesn't have to be expensive, just google couples Halloween costumes for some really cool ideas! Depending on the date you go, a lot of usually busy attractions are walk ons! DGS and DGD rode BTMRR and Speedway 3 times just over and over. At speedway they didn't even make them get out of their cars! After you go post pics so we can all see the newly married couple!

1) Since you've never been - absolutely.

2) Solo or not you should definitely go! It was just the girlfriend and I last time and now we're going again with her mother.

3) I've never dressed up but its fun to see some of the outfits people put together.

I shouldn't have to say this but Haunted Mansion is an absolute must.

If the meet & greets are what you're after then I would advise arriving early and going straight to either the 7 Dwarves or Jack & Sally. I thought the interactions with the characters and people dressed up were great.

I've have gone solo a few times while dressed up and gone a few times with friends dressed up. I've enjoyed going solo and with my friends and like walking around to the various locations to collect candy. I feel that I have to disclose that Halloween is my favorite holiday so mixing that with Disney is just doubles my enjoyment.

We're still debating going! I guess I should decide soon since tickets are already selling out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter