Might do another live trip report...(ok I will do! This is it!)

Welcome home, thanks for sharing your trip with us :goodvibes

Can I ask how you uploaded your pictures? Or what the quickest easiest way is to share photos on here?

Ali :goodvibes

Just finished reading your TR.
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. You have given me a few ideas of things to try out on future trips:wave2:

When you went to Anna Maria Island, whereabouts did you park. I read that parking was quite limited at the north end of the island where the Rod & Reel pier is but after seeing your photos DH and I are determined we are heading there for breakfast one morning during our stay in Bradenton.

We managed to park to the right of the City Pier relatively easily. However, it was before 10:00 am and the place was generally quiet. I'm assuming it's out of main season. Not sure how easy it would be to park later in the day or in peak season. There seemed to be lots of parking restrictions and very few car parks.

Welcome home, thanks for sharing your trip with us :goodvibes

Can I ask how you uploaded your pictures? Or what the quickest easiest way is to share photos on here?

I took most of my pictures using a Blackberry Playbook and uploaded them wirelessly to Photobucket when we got back to the house each night. The house had wifi, although the performance of the network was not very reliable. Once the photos are in an album in Photobucket, you can cut and paste the link into posts on the forum.

I took most of my pictures using a Blackberry Playbook and uploaded them wirelessly to Photobucket when we got back to the house each night. The house had wifi, although the performance of the network was not very reliable. Once the photos are in an album in Photobucket, you can cut and paste the link into posts on the forum.

Thanks, I'll have a go next time we are away :goodvibes

Hope you are 'adjusting' to being home :(

Thanks, I'll have a go next time we are away :goodvibes

Hope you are 'adjusting' to being home :(

It's probably worth setting up a Photobucket account and having a go at uploading a picture before you go. It's free and not too difficult.

I'm sure that some of us will be able to help if you have any problems.

Not too sure about adjusting to being home. It's freezing! And I'm back at work today - hundreds of emails to work my way through.

Coffee keeping me going. I wonder what time 'happy hour' is! ;)

:surfweb:

We managed to park to the right of the City Pier relatively easily. However, it was before 10:00 am and the place was generally quiet. I'm assuming it's out of main season. Not sure how easy it would be to park later in the day or in peak season. There seemed to be lots of parking restrictions and very few car parks.

There is a free public carpark at the other end of Spring Avenue, where it crosses Gulf Drive. It is where we park if we are going onto the beach by the Sandbar Restaurant (but not eating there so thus not using their carpark) but it is only a ten minute walk from the piers on the other side.

ford family

I've just really enjoyed reading through this, thanks for posting! :good vibes

I'm really hungry now!!

The missing day - Friday !

DH pointed out to me that due to my late update about Thursday, I missed Friday's update.

We went back to Cracker Barrel and had Momma's Pancake breakfasts. No pictures, as you've seen them before. :)

Our plan had then been to go jetskiing at Clermont. We had made arrangements with a jetski operator to call him at 10:00 am, but despite trying a few times, we couldn't get hold of him. Anxious not to waster our last full day, we decided to make the most of our 14-day tickets and went back to Aquatica, where we spent several hours enjoying the sun and the water.

Late afternoon we were getting hungry and went to Celebration, dining at the Celebration Town Tavern.

It was Friday and they have Lobster Chowder on. I sampled a cup of it. It was absolutely delicious!

IMG_00000264.jpg

I followed it with the same as I had on the last visit - the Cape Cobb Salad.

DH had the Tuna Dip followed by the Philly Cheese Steak.

IMG_00000263.jpg

IMG_00000265.jpg

We then had a walk around the lake before stopping off at Kilwin's again for his fave vanilla shake and I had a child's ice cream - which was still enormous!

I am going to try to upload the videos of the manatees at Anna Maria Island and will post a link if I succeed.

I had missed DH's breakfast photo from the pier at AMI.

IMG_00000202.jpg

We have already rebooked our accommodation for next year, so I need to do a new ticker now. :cool1:

That must be the quickest booking ever!!
well we are going to anna maria island this september for 2 nights up to now, we are in the early planning stages of our gulf coast road trip and have added AMI to the route, maybe staying at pirates den there.looking forward to seeing your vids of AMI :thumbsup2
Hope your recovering from jetlag pretty quickly!

Sorry for the delay in uploading the manatee video (below). Hopefully you can click on it and it'll play the whole 2 mins???

It's been a tough week back at work - so not had time to do it till the weekend.

Just to set your expectations at the right level - I am no cameraman! The BBC are not going to be knocking on my door anytime soon to join the team at Planet Earth!

I have also uploaded some pics from our camera - so will post some of the ones of the pie festival and Harbour Night at PBH shortly.

The Pie Festival at Celebration

Florida20122012-04-28016.jpg

Our airboat and its captain

Florida20122012-05-03018.jpg

Mini-desserts at Harbour Night

Florida20122012-04-28003.jpg

Apologies in advance if there are any problems with the video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter