Might do another live trip report...(ok I will do! This is it!)

Wonderful day at Anna Maria island. Even lucky enough to see wild manatees and a dolphin while we were there.

Great breakfast on Rod and Reel pier.

Full report to follow.

This is one place I would love to get to, so I'm looking forward to your report on it :)

Yesterday (Thurs) was a long day, so I didn't get chance to do my update last night.

Early start and on the road to Anna Maria Island before breakfast. Got there in just under two hours and drove up to the north of the island.

Parked up near the city pier and then walked around for a little while and then went along to the Rod and Reel pier to have a late breakfast. Just after we ordered, the waitress pointed to the water and told us a manatee was swimming towards the pier.

I managed to get it on video. It swam right under the pier boardwalk, right below us. We were so pleased, as we'd never seen one in the wild before.

Breakfast was really good, too. As we were eating it, DH spotted a dolphin in the sea not far away from us. It swam around for a while as we watched it.

We then had a walk along the sea front and then across to the other side of the town, where the beach was wider. The beaches on the island have sand that is almost pure white. The sea was turquoise and the sky was bright blue - with not a cloud. It was perfect. And rather hot too.

Anna Maria Island has none of the fast food chains, nor any high rise buildings. It's a bit like going back in time - although it is more bulit-up than we had expected.

We spent a while at a seafront restaurant later. And shared a club sandwich before strolling back across to city pier. We couldn't believe our luck. Just after we started walking along the pier, we spotted another manatee! As the other one had done at the other pier, it swam right under the boardwalk as we stood on it. I managed to video it again on my Playbook.

We sat for a while at the end of the pier, chatting to some people, and then (reluctantly) had to start the drive back.

Dinner was at Manny's, again, and we decided to get a bit of Disney magic by going to the Contemporary and watching Wishes from the 4th floor 'balcony'.

A wonderful day.

Yesterday (Thurs) was a long day, so I didn't get chance to do my update last night.

Early start and on the road to Anna Maria Island before breakfast. Got there in just under two hours and drove up to the north of the island.

Parked up near the city pier and then walked around for a little while and then went along to the Rod and Reel pier to have a late breakfast. Just after we ordered, the waitress pointed to the water and told us a manatee was swimming towards the pier.

I managed to get it on video. It swam right under the pier boardwalk, right below us. We were so pleased, as we'd never seen one in the wild before.

Breakfast was really good, too. As we were eating it, DH spotted a dolphin in the sea not far away from us. It swam around for a while as we watched it.

We then had a walk along the sea front and then across to the other side of the town, where the beach was wider. The beaches on the island have sand that is almost pure white. The sea was turquoise and the sky was bright blue - with not a cloud. It was perfect. And rather hot too.

Anna Maria Island has none of the fast food chains, nor any high rise buildings. It's a bit like going back in time - although it is more bulit-up than we had expected.

We spent a while at a seafront restaurant later. And shared a club sandwich before strolling back across to city pier. We couldn't believe our luck. Just after we started walking along the pier, we spotted another manatee! As the other one had done at the other pier, it swam right under the boardwalk as we stood on it. I managed to video it again on my Playbook.

We sat for a while at the end of the pier, chatting to some people, and then (reluctantly) had to start the drive back.

Dinner was at Manny's, again, and we decided to get a bit of Disney magic by going to the Contemporary and watching Wishes from the 4th floor 'balcony'.

A wonderful day.

Glad you had a fab day yesterday. We love Anna Maria island. Have eaten dinner at rod and reel it is a great spot x

Really enjoyed reading your trip report - some amazing things to do and DS loved the car pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful day Julie. We are lloking forward to visiting Anna Maria Island in August while we are staying in Bradenton.

Anna Maria Island sounds amazing I'm going to put that on our to do list! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I've loved reading all about it. Have a safe flight home! :goodvibes

A few pics from Anna Maria island.
IMG_00000202.jpg

IMG_00000203.jpg

IMG_00000225.jpg

IMG_00000246.jpg

Sounds and looks like you have had a great time! Have a safe flight home! :goodvibes

Network problems this morning, so will be brief.

Didn't get to jetski yesterday as we had hoped so went back to Aquatica, then had dinner in Celebration Town Tavern.

All packed now and ready to drop off bags at DD then to do a few hours in SW.

Great photos of AM Island - will def go there next time we go to Florida
:thumbsup2
Have a good flight home, and thanks for doing your trip report i have enjoyed reading it!:goodvibes

Thanks for letting us tag along and great food pictures. I've looked forward to reading your daily trip report :thumbsup2

Have a safe journey.

Loved your report, it's made the rainy weather here more bearable :thumbsup2 AM island looks lovely (as does the breakfast) - have a safe flight back :)

Did a final Bob Evans breakfast this morning and then DD check-in.

Spent the afternoon at Sea World and upgraded our 3-park tickets to annual passes on the way out!

Now we're at the airport. DH has said goodbye to the mustang. :sad2:

May post some more pictures later.

Bye for now. Enjoyed having you along with us!

Enjoyed your reports every day. Hope you are home safely or nearly home. We landed at 5am and made it home by 7am this morning. DD has taken herself to bed and is fast asleep.

Enjoyed your reports every day. Hope you are home safely or nearly home. We landed at 5am and made it home by 7am this morning. DD has taken herself to bed and is fast asleep.

Thanks. Was good to read yours too. :) Your DD will have lots to tell her friends at school!

Flight was ok. We landed at 9:40 am and were home before 11:30 am. Went to bed for an hour or so and have been unpacking and sorting stuff out before going back to work tomorrow.

Hoping that sleeping tonight won't be a problem. :)

DH has pointed out to me that I have missed a day out of my report - Friday, I think - so I'll fix that later or tomorrow. I also have one or two more photos to post.

Welcome home Julie. Thanks for another interesting, insightful and informative trip report. Looking forward to a few more piccies.

When you went to Anna Maria Island, whereabouts did you park. I read that parking was quite limited at the north end of the island where the Rod & Reel pier is but after seeing your photos DH and I are determined we are heading there for breakfast one morning during our stay in Bradenton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter