Might do another live trip report...(ok I will do! This is it!)

Sounds like you are having a fab time :) loving the updates and the pictures!

But oh my word that breakfast........for one person..... :scared1:

Cracker barrell firmly on my list for next week - breakfast with pudding just my sort of thing :thumbsup2

Can you remember what it was called - can't see it on the menu?

Loving your report :thumbsup2

Cracker barrell firmly on my list for next week - breakfast with pudding just my sort of thing :thumbsup2

Can you remember what it was called - can't see it on the menu?

Loving your report :thumbsup2

Thanks. It was Momma's Pancake Breakfast.

Had something similar at Denny's today. Will post photo a little later on. Would like to point out that we only eat twice a day over here!
:goodvibes

Went to Sea World today. Up early for another substantial breakfast to set us up for the day. Denny's this time.....

IMG00247-20120430-0809.jpg

Got to SW as it opened at 9 am and got a parking space very close to the entrance. Turtle Trek just opened a few days ago so we decided to head over there first. However, we found it was only open to Pass Holders until 10:00 am. I also was disappointed to see that the penguins have gone until the new 'Antarctica' attraction opens next year. DH was already aware - I clearly hadn't done my research! :confused3

Due to the construction of the new attraction our usual routes around the park weren't possible - which took a little bit of getting used to.

Turtle Trek uses the former Manatee area, incorporates it into the new attraction and adds 360 degree 3D technology. We quite enjoyed the 3D part but found the rest of it a little dull. Maybe children would enjoy it - not sure.

We only did two of the shows; Clyde & Seymour and the new Shamu show, One Ocean (?). We love the pre-show mime artist at Clyde & Seymour and always make sure we get there in time to see him. The new Shamu show is different to 'Believe'. I think they have realised that the audience just want to see the killer whales 'perform' and then some of them want to be soaked. They deliver on that - and still with the 'save the planet' message.

Went on Mantra, Kraken and Journey to Atlantis. The crowd levels were just right from our point of view. Enough people to give it some atmosphere, but not too busy that you had to queue for ages anywhere.

We left there late afternoon and decided that we would have an early dinner at the new Texas Roadhouse on West 192.

We arrived around 4:45 pm and were seated immediately. There were plenty of customers even at that time- and even more staff! I think they are still training them, but there must have been about 40 staff members around the place. As you'd expect with that number, service was very good.

Our waitress, Sheri, was excellent. We were brought some hot bread rolls as soon as we sat down and drinks, once ordered, arrived almost immediately. I felt the need to sample a couple of the 'house' margaritas - for research purposes only of course - and they were very good.

We shared some loaded potato skins to start and then each had a sirloin steak - one with caesar salad and baked potato (mine), the other with house salad and fries (DH).

All the food we had was good, well-cooked and well-served.

The waitress was friendly and even gave us a bag of peanuts with the call-ahead number for when we go back again. We also have a fridge magnet for the rental home here that we picked up on the way out.

IMG00249-20120430-1636.jpg

IMG00250-20120430-1649.jpg

IMG00253-20120430-1650.jpg

Going over to Busch Gardens tomorrow. DH's knee bearing up well, so we are going for it!

Sorry again for the photo quality. Took them on my phone.

Will use the camera or the Playbook in future.

Enjoy BG today.:thumbsup2
Raining again here this morning, might need to trade in our car for a boat if it carries on.

Any breakfast that has to be spread out over two plates is far too much for a human to consume. I forgot how big the portions were!!

Just catching up with your report.

Shame about MCO customs and immigration. It is one of the disadvantages of going direct.

Sounds like you are having a great time :goodvibes

Another early start to get to Busch Gardens for opening. Not my favourite place for breakfast - Ponderosa. DH's choice today. The one on the 192 nearest to Formosa Gardens has had a facelift though - at long last.:)

We found the crowd levels to give a similar feel to Sea World yesterday - enough to have atmosphere but not too crowded that you have long waits for rides.

Went on Cheetah Hunt for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Great ride!

Rhino Rally was out of service - again - as it always seems to be when we are there.

Had a really nice day. We like BG a lot. It seems to have lots for everyone.

Ate at Manny's again on the way back. Called ahead and only had a 5 minute wait for a table when we got there. Great food, great service and great value, including two margaritas for a little over $5 as it was happy hour!

IMG_00000056.jpg

IMG_00000055.jpg

Aquatica tomorrow!

Sounds like a couple of great days Julie :thumbsup2

We will definitely be giving Texas Roadhouse a try in August. Seems like it's better to go early if you can?

Oh I just have to get myself to Manny's one of these days
DH would love it :goodvibes

Love reading your updates :goodvibes it's the next best thing to actually being there :thumbsup2

Keep them coming :goodvibes

Ali.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter