Member Update Meeting at VWL on 10/10

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
We were at VWL last week and got a message on our machine Tuesday afternoon about a meeting in the Iron Spike room on Wednesday at 4:30. We happened to be in the room at that time, so I went down. There were about 20 members and at least a dozen cast members. Here are some highlights:

- This was a spur of the moment meeting, which explained the short notice. There was some discussion about the time (late afternoon) being inconvenient, since many people were probably still at the parks.

- They asked if we would be interested in attending a DVC meeting in our home town if they came there. Someone suggested having something that would be open to our friends and family members that we have been trying to convince to buy in.

- We talked some about the member update meetings held at OKW and BWV each week. They aren't sure if they will be doing something regularly at the VWL or not.

- They asked what kinds of DVC events we would like to see. Some people mentioned more social type events, like the wine and cheese get-togethers that used to be held at OKW. Some one else suggested that it would be nice if the special area for viewing Illuminations at Epcot could be reserved sometimes for DVC members.

- They don't know any specific dates about the Beach Club Villas.

- Someone asked for more discounts, like the Food and Fun program that they used to have. We were told that they are working on those kinds of things and we should receive something in the mail soon.

- Another person asked if it would be possible to have someplace closer to VWL to have our refillable mugs filled. (It can be a hike to Roaring Forks if you are at the far end of the hall).

Cookies and lemonade were served, and at the end of the meeting we all got a special gift - a hanging toiletry bag with the DVC logo on it!

Was anyone else there? If so, please chime in if I've mis-stated anything or missed something else we discussed.

Was there any discussion about DVC merchandise...the lack of availability or plans for more in the future?

I don't remember if merchandise was discussed. The store at WL did have both DVC merchandise and VWL merchandise. The DVC stuff was the white jackets, tshirts and polos. For the Villas, they had beige polos, tshirts, bathrobes, tote bags and black can huggies.

Hi all,

I have been to WDW a bunch (as a kid, now almost 31) but never stayed on property. I have been interested in DVC for a little while now and will be going down to Vero Beach in Jan with girlfriend.

- Another person asked if it would be possible to have someplace closer to VWL to have our refillable mugs filled. (It can be a hike to Roaring Forks if you are at the far end of the hall).

I have some quick questions: what are these refillable mugs? how much are they? are they DVC special only or Onsite resort special or both? what can you refill them with (as I detest coffee, so coffee mugs would be pointless, but soda would be great)

Thanks
Mike

PS is there a thread/forum for new member intros? I have not seen oone but I wasn't really looking for it yet. Just my second post on my second day after finding this. The boards here are huge, nearly as big as BigSoccer.com (same software, looks like)

MikeScott8....

Refillable mugs are mugs that anyone can buy at certain resorts and then refills are either free or inexpensive. We bought WL mugs in 1998 and used them again in 2000. They are still using the same mug in 2001, and one CM told me they would refill "for life". A more complete explanation can be found on Deb Will's Unofficial WDW Information Guide site as follows:

http://wdwig.com/mugs.htm

Also, you will definitely want to check out the Frequently Asked Questions thread on this board http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1571

After that, come back and post questions. You'll find a lot of enthusiastic, knowledgeable people here.

Also, it's best to start a new thread if you have a question. It's more likely to be answered than tacking on to the end of an unrelated thread.

Good luck! :)

I don't think they said much about the discounts except that something was coming. A better discount on park admission would be great, wouldn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter