Meet Me At The Kitchen Sink! A 9/13/08 Beaches & Cream Mini-dismeet!

Just found your post. Sounds like such fun and we will put your gathering on our "tentative" schedule. If AT ALL possible would love to join you. Everything is "up in the air" right now though. This mornings "Ike track" really worries me. Unless there's further movement due west, we'll have to leave DH at home. He's a county official and our county's rep. on the Houston/Galveston Hurricane Coordination Committee. In other words ... HE CAN'T LEAVE if it looks like Ike is coming in our direction. AND ... we may not be able to get out! Our flight is scheduled to leave at 1:30 PM Friday and from the looks of things now, we're going to be cutting it really, really close. He wants us "out of town" if our area is threatened with hopes he'll be able to join us later in the week. We've already booked a room in Houston for Thursday night just to get a little closer to the airport. If we can get to that room is ANOTHER question ... may be evacuating the coastal area and it's questionable if they'll allow us into the Houston area. Hubby should know more about the plans tomorrow after their conference calls start. All wait and see so send some Pixie Dust our way!!!
Son-in-laws brother and family came from Baton Rouge last week for a few days. They did not leave before Gustav but could only stand it a couple of days afterwards w/o electricity. He'a a National Guard member and was called to report Monday so they left again on Friday. As luck would have it, they received a phone call as they were traveling home that their power was back on...and they had been told it would be 6 weeks before that would happen! So ... keep the faith ... things are TRYING to return to normal for you guys. Good luck!

We're definitely holding out hope on the elctricity situation. :goodvibes I sure hope that you guys get to go on your trip - of course that probably means that the storm would be heading our way if you did. :confused: Okay, so maybe I hope we BOTH dodge the hurricane! :rotfl: Hope to see you at the meet!

So is everyone ready for the meet?! cant believe we'll be in WDW in just 4 days!! Sheesh i remember counting down from around 160 days!!! ha ha!! So excited to see everyone! And our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Ike's path.

Less than 2 days until we leave - still gotta lot of packing to do:scared1:

see you soon!!

I just looked and realized that we have an 8:20 ADR for Cape May, so we'll be there right after that for dessert!

YAY! The meet is 2 days away! Cant wait to see everyone there! We leave for the World tomorrow morning!!! :thumbsup2 :yay: :woohoo:

I never realized what a baby I am. Awesome job on the pics.

Donnaaaaaaaaaaaa as I was looking at your ticker... I said to myself it loooks soooooooooo familiar.. we have the same dates for December!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

the three snaps I got...

nursetibs and plutodisney
0913082150_01.jpg

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY, DH and her 2 DD
0913082138a.jpg

Twilight Terror and colinsdad.... Thanks for recognizing me as the bathroom gal :lmao:
0913082138_01.jpg

Wish I could have stayed longer... but was panicking that I might miss the boat... Nice meeting everyone!!!

my apologies for the texture of the picture... my cell phone works better on day time...

also Disneydonnam and DH was there but I was to slow to pull out my camera and snap away...

GREAT Meeting you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anybody else showed up after I left??? What did I miss??? :woohoo:

Donnaaaaaaaaaaaa as I was looking at your ticker... I said to myself it loooks soooooooooo familiar.. we have the same dates for December!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

I can't believe we are going to be there the same time again. What are the chances of that happening twice.

I can't believe we are going to be there the same time again. What are the chances of that happening twice.

to be honest with you.. I just have six sense....

:rotfl2: and who knows if I find another penny then I will have seven :lmao:

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Hi! Seeing the pics make me so sad. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: mom_of_3 and I were at Ohana until after 10:00! :eek: We got checked in on time and everything, and still were there 2 1/2 hours! We are so disappointed that we didn't get to meet any of you. Looks like you had a great time though! If anybody has more pics, please post them. :goodvibes

I wasn't able to make it either! Looks like you had fun, I wish we could have made it. Our dinner at 1900 Park Fare ran late too (all of our TS meals took 2 hours!!) And by the time it was over we were sooo tired.

Hope you all had great trips!!

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Hi! Seeing the pics make me so sad. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: mom_of_3 and I were at Ohana until after 10:00! :eek: We got checked in on time and everything, and still were there 2 1/2 hours! We are so disappointed that we didn't get to meet any of you. Looks like you had a great time though! If anybody has more pics, please post them. :goodvibes

I wasn't able to make it either! Looks like you had fun, I wish we could have made it. Our dinner at 1900 Park Fare ran late too (all of our TS meals took 2 hours!!) And by the time it was over we were sooo tired.

Hope you all had great trips!!

You were in our thoughts... I wish I had stay longer myself.. but since I wore myself thin that day that I was on my last caffeeine ump...

Again Thank you to colinsdad... who just arrived that day and graced the meet... you're the best!!! Hope all is well with the kids... and your vaca went well also...

And to Kirsty's mom's family.... your DD were very entertaining ... they are both lovely... never a dull moment..

And of course the UK Trio... nursetibs,, Twilight Terror and plutodisney... I hope you guys had a safe trip home...

And.... MORE reason to plan another meet next time !!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

In the end, it was just me, mum, sis and colin's dad for ice cream. None of us could face the kitchen sink, so the girlies opted for Mud Slides, and Colin's Dad had his No Way Jose. We are all totally ice creamed out now. I don't want to see another ice cream until my next trip to the Mouse House!!!!! :rotfl:

Hope you're having a good holiday Colin's Dad and Kirsten's mom and co!!!!

In the end, it was just me, mum, sis and colin's dad for ice cream. None of us could face the kitchen sink, so the girlies opted for Mud Slides, and Colin's Dad had his No Way Jose. We are all totally ice creamed out now. I don't want to see another ice cream until my next trip to the Mouse House!!!!! :rotfl:

Hope you're having a good holiday Colin's Dad and Kirsten's mom and co!!!!

:hug: I am so sorry to have miss the ice cream part..... but dont forget to PM me your address.. for the CD and the pins...

Colin'sdad I hope you remember not to buy any cd from the park I have yours waiting to be mailed too and so with Kiirty'smom!!!! :grouphug:

Hoping our path cross again in the future!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter