May 2012 Car Rentals

Wanted to pass along a great deal (so far) that i got on the April car rental thread.

Budget -BCD: D454300
Coupon: MUWZ023

Got a compact at the end of May - 5 days for $171 (tax incl)
BTW - intermed and sm SUV (Ford Escape) were $191 (tax incl)

Hope this helps someone!!

You are the bestest:banana: I was using the Avis code for late May/June a 9day SUV was $324 with your code its $275:scared1::yay::banana: I did have a SUV ressie with budget but they could not add the code over the phone so I cancelled it and made the new ressie online.:cool2:

Thanks for the head's up! I also got the Ford Escape for $202. The MUWZ023 code didn't effect the cost one way or the other. I added it and erased it and it never changed, except to say I had a free 1 yr subscription to Budget's travel magazine.:confused3 I took the code off because I don't need that.:rotfl:

Using the other code, I also got my parents the elite SUV which will seat 7, instead of paying $302 for their minivan, they will pay $237! ;)

On Budget's home-page, they are offering a decent sale. Click on it and follow the links. I got a small SUV for $238 for 8 days, and that's the best price I've found yet. I'm holding out for Costco fares as it get's closer - I've never paid this much for a rental car before!

Expedia currently has a deal on full size cars. I booked mine from May 13th - 27th, 2012 for $287.05 CAD. No codes or anything were required. Unlimited millage. This is taxes and fees in and must be paid in full at time of booking.

NicoleMD

Expedia currently has a deal on full size cars. I booked mine from May 13th - 27th, 2012 for $287.05 CAD. No codes or anything were required. Unlimited millage. This is taxes and fees in and must be paid in full at time of booking.

NicoleMD

Is there a link to follow? I'm not seeing it when I put my details in, but it might not be offered for my dates.

No, special link, I just went to the Expedia.ca page and clicked on the CARS tab at the top. I just did it again and got the $286.67 price. My dates are May 13th - 27th.

Nicole

Is there a link to follow? I'm not seeing it when I put my details in, but it might not be offered for my dates.

I am reading both the April and May car rental threads, got this in the April thread, saved me $150!

Budget codes.....

I used:
BCD: D454300
Coupon: MUWZ023

Has anyone found any May deals for Alamo? I'm looking to rent from the Walt Disney Car Care Center.

Thanks!

I found the cheapest price so far on Dollar's website. We're flying into Sanford for a 5 day trip, May 20th to 24th. They had a City Special rate on a compact car (all I need) for 178.36, with taxes and fees. They had deals on mid-size, full-size, minivans and mid-size vans too. This seems to beat all the other rentals I checked and the price of booking a driver and a town car by a good bit. Am I missing something here, or should I jump all over this?

Prices aren't looking great yet - I've gotten a minivan for a week in the past for 209 total, and I'm seeing nothing less than 285 right now. I'm hoping and praying for improvement closer to my travel date in May. Keep the codes coming friends!:cool1:

Has anyone found any May deals for Alamo? I'm looking to rent from the Walt Disney Car Care Center.

Thanks!

Looking for Alamo as well for the same reason. I have one booked at $35 / day plus taxes. Hope to find something cheaper as we get closer.

Rates are high and we probably won't see any drops until we get alot closer. I would guess they won't drop until after Easter. My January trip, my rates didn't drop until ONE WEEK out. My last year's May rates were very good, so hoping again for some decent ones. My rental is THREE weeks, so you can see I'm watching closely. Budget right now is still the best deal in town. I booked a backup with them for the first week of our trip when we need transportation to and from the cruise for a family of 6. I got a Ford Explorer using the Wendie code (D454300) and the $30 coupon (MUGZ029) which comes off at the end when you return and is not reflected on your confirmation. With coupon, the total is around $200. I have to have a 7 seater for the first week, but I don't after that, so may be mixing and matching as the family leaves and we stay.

That's helpful information - I think I'll wait and book after Easter - I can always book other things now.:goodvibes

Anyone know if rates will drop for more premium vehicles? I need something for 8 passengers (either full size van or Expedition type SUV). The prices seem outrageous. Obviously it would be cheaper to rent 2 cars but I am trying to avoid this if possible due to parking costs, gas, etc

sjerrott - have you considered making a reservation for now and watch it until the rates do come down? I have done this a number of times, and this way I have a guaranteed car, whose rates do drop. Since no charge is made to your cc, it is a good deal.

Lovingthemouse, good idea. I will do that - so none of the car rental places actually use a credit card to hold? I'd be so scared of getting billed if they did.

Lovingthemouse, good idea. I will do that - so none of the car rental places actually use a credit card to hold? I'd be so scared of getting billed if they did.

Yes, they do require a CC to hold but I've never been charged ahead of time and you can always cancel or rebook if the rate drops. I have 2 on hold now and I'm really hoping one of them drops soon!

Just got a Ford Explorer from Budget for the week of May 23-30 for $237.00 including taxes :dance3:...I used D454300 and MUGZ029...Great Deal for me....:cheer2:

Just got a Ford Explorer from Budget for the week of May 23-30 for $237.00 including taxes :dance3:...I used D454300 and MUGZ029...Great Deal for me....:cheer2:

Great Deal plus after the $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle your total will be $207.00!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter