May 2012 Car Rentals

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if you saw the current Avis thread, but I was able to get an small SUV for $266 for 8 days. Not too bad, considering what Alamo is asking for a compact (nearly twice what Avis is charging me).

Just use AWD S767700.

Good luck!

I am looking at cars for June. This is about half the price. Has anyone from the states used this and picked up your car. Were there any exchange rates with the money on your charge or when you picked up the car?
Thanks

I have a ressie for April booked. On-line the price was C$136.29, but my credit card was charged $133.96. I called expedia.ca and confirmed this could be used be a US resident. I called Dollar and confirmed they have my ressie and that it is pre-paid, so no additional fees when we pick it up.

HTH!

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if you saw the current Avis thread, but I was able to get an small SUV for $266 for 8 days. Not too bad, considering what Alamo is asking for a compact (nearly twice what Avis is charging me).

Just use AWD S767700.

Good luck!

If your a Costco member, it can't hurt to enter Coupon MUGA049. Not sure if it will give you the additional discount or not. It says it was Accepted and would be subtracted from my rate at pick-up.

I was able to get a standard SUV for $245 with fees from TPA for 7 days. Hopefully I'll save a little more with my Costco code!

Hi Everyone,

Just use AWD S767700.

Good luck!

I tryed this for my 9 day rental and it was $662 pay later:scared1:and $563 pay now for a standard suv..:sad2: I hope it works for someone else.:wizard:

I tryed this for my 9 day rental and it was $662 pay later:scared1:and $563 pay now for a standard suv..:sad2: I hope it works for someone else.:wizard:

Yes there are better rates:yay::yay:

I tryed this cope again and got a standard suv for 9 days for $324.:cool1:

Avis code S76770 there are blackout dates and it's good until 6/30/2012 it's for suv's. Good luck.:thumbsup2

i was able to get a std suv at MIA (miami airport) in may/june,
Standard SUV Chevrolet Equinox or similar,
Base Rate and Charges
$259.67 USD for a week,
used code MUWA130 which should get me another $35 off

checked and an Intermediate SUV
Ford Escape or similar
247.91 USD for a week
Difference = $11.76

Get an Intermediate SUV for $159 per week/$22 per weekend day or a Standard SUV for $169 per week/$25 per weekend day. Use Avis discount AWD S767700 for rental pickup by 6/30/12. Valid at airport and off airport locations, may require Saturday night keep, blackouts apply.

adding coupon MUWA130 is suppose to get me an extra $35 off and they state that will happen at the counter.

Terms & Conditions

Intermediate SUV for $22 a weekend day or $149 a weekly rental
Standard SUV for $25 a weekend day or $169 a weekly rental
AWD # S767700

Offer can be reserved now for pickup by 6/30/12 at participating Avis locations in the contiguous U.S. excluding New York. The offer is valid on Intermediate SUV (group F) and Standard SUV (group W). Offer applies to weekend and weekly rates; weekly rates require a five consecutive day minimum rental and a 14-day maximum rental. A Saturday night keep is required. The weekend rental period begins Thursday at noon and car must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m. or higher rate may apply. A Saturday night keep is required. To use this offer, reservation must be booked 24 hours in advance of pickup. Please use AWD S767700 to take advantage of this offer. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times. Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; rate surcharges apply during peak periods. Blackouts include, but may not be limited to the following: Boston, FL, CO. 2/1 – 2/5: Indianapolis. 2/9 – 3/18: Ski Locations in DEN, ***, ASE, EGE, GJT, GUC, HDN, MTJ, DRO, CYS, RKS, JAC, SLC, BOI, IDA, PIH, SUN, TWF, BTM, BZN, GTF, HLN, SAF, ABQ, FMN, RNO, DN2, SL1, MU2, UT1. 2/9 – 2/15: Ski Locations in PDX, RDM, SEA, SE4, B3S. 2/16 – 2/27: Fl, AZ. 2/23 – 2/26: Orlando, FL. 2/16 – 2/21: Denver, Salt Lake City, Reno. 3/29 – 4/2: New Orleans, LA. 4/5 – 4/8: Florida 3/29 – 4/8: Fl, AZ. 4/16 – 4/26: Raleigh. 5/3 – 5/5: Louisville Dist. 5/24 – 5/28: Boston, Indianapolis, Charleston Dist. 6/28 – 7/1: Fl, Seattle. 6/28 – 7/5: BOS OPS, Charleston Dist Chicago, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh. Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any other AWD number, coupon, discounted rate or promotional offer. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Offers are based on US currency. Vehicle must be returned to renting location. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less) and refueling are extra. Rental must begin by 6/30/12.

i had to go to the avis website to make it work but i also used code MUWA130 which should get me another $35 should be valid until 6/30/2012 and requires week w saturday rental. looks like it took it when i pluged it in, but will not find out until i get to the counter, think it's suppose to be a free weekend day for your weekly rate. there is another free upgrade for code TUWA016, but i'm not sure how this work with the suv.
25% off + a free Weekend Day via coupon code "MUWA130" or 25% off + a free Vehicle Upgrade via coupon code "TUWA016"

one more thing on fla rentals. been checking into the sunpass. some are better than others.cheapest are: $2.00 fee per rental day (24 hr. interval) that customer incurs tolls, plus tolls (at posted cash/TOLL-BY-PLATE rates) this is only the days you go through a toll, $6.00 maximum fee per rental period plus tolls (at posted cash/TOLL-BY-PLATE rates)
avis and others: $2.95 fee per rental day plus tolls (at posted cash/TOLL-BY-PLATE rates) this starts the first day you incur a toll and all subsaquent days of the rental, $14.75 maximum fee per rental month (30 days) plus tolls (at posted cash/TOLL-BY-PLATE rates)
while most the rest are $6.99 flat fee per rental day with $36.99 maximum weekly fee Pass 24® must be sold for the length of the rental contract. It cannot be purchased only on certain days. Pass 24 ® is a duration-based model and provides unlimited toll road access for a low daily fee per the length of the rental agreement

Thanks for the tip I went back in and add the muwa130 coupon and got the message you mentioned.:wizard:

Better rates will come along. The rental companies still have to get by February vacation, Easter week, and spring vacation before they give any thoughts to those of us in the late spring.

I have been experimenting with car rentals & I have been getting awesome deals if I use a start date within 5 days of today's date. While I have a good deal for my early May vacation, I definitely will be playing this game up until take off. I also have been using discount codes from the Entertainment Book & these are some good discounts. I recommend for the $20 to buy one you will get some use & value out of it. FYI: there is a 10% off for Rainforest Cafe that can also be used at T-Rex.

I have been experimenting with car rentals & I have been getting awesome deals if I use a start date within 5 days of today's date. While I have a good deal for my early May vacation, I definitely will be playing this game up until take off. I also have been using discount codes from the Entertainment Book & these are some good discounts. I recommend for the $20 to buy one you will get some use & value out of it. FYI: there is a 10% off for Rainforest Cafe that can also be used at T-Rex.

I had been tossing around the idea of an Entertainment book. Are they only good in 2012? I'm assuming so. I think I would likely only use one of the car coupons and that's about it. Unless the Trex coupon is good for the store.
I suppose I could buy the book and offer up some of the other coupons to Disboards people for free? Wonder if that's allowed?

I think we will see better rates soon. I am encouraged that you are seeing better rates with closer dates. I'm still paying over 300 for a full-size.

Hey all,
First time poster! Heading (back) to Disney May 3rd.
We'll be renting a car and I've been trying many codes with many companies.

Question on the Avis code AWD S767700:
I've tried the code online and get a great deal on a standard SUV for our dates.
Mousesavers says there is no physical coupon required.
Is this correct or are they gonna tell me it's not valid when we get there and charge me an outlandish price?
:confused3

Hey all,
First time poster! Heading (back) to Disney May 3rd.
We'll be renting a car and I've been trying many codes with many companies.

Question on the Avis code AWD S767700:
I've tried the code online and get a great deal on a standard SUV for our dates.
Mousesavers says there is no physical coupon required.
Is this correct or are they gonna tell me it's not valid when we get there and charge me an outlandish price?
:confused3

Welcome to the Dis!:flower3:

I would imagine the info on Mousesavers is correct. She runs a very reputable website.
Also, many people have booked with the code. If you look through this page and the one previous there is a thread about this Avis code:)

I had been tossing around the idea of an Entertainment book. Are they only good in 2012? I'm assuming so. I think I would likely only use one of the car coupons and that's about it. Unless the Trex coupon is good for the store.
I suppose I could buy the book and offer up some of the other coupons to Disboards people for free? Wonder if that's allowed?

I think we will see better rates soon. I am encouraged that you are seeing better rates with closer dates. I'm still paying over 300 for a full-size.

The discounts from the entertainment book are just for 2012, but you will be saving way more than the cost of the book with the car rental. The best pricing is with Alamo using their entainment coupons. On top of that there is the 10% of food for T-Rex and a 15% merchandise (not build-a-dino). There are other dining coupons such as Buy 1 get 1 free for Wetzel pretzels and I am sure there are other places in your area. If you register on line you get other coupons only available on line.

I just booked today through Hotwire for an Advantage economy rental for 8 days total with taxes was $243. Best so far that I have found. I am keeping my fingers crossed it may go lower so we shall see.

I just booked today through Hotwire and got an Advantage economy car for 8 days and was total with taxes only $243. I hope they go down some more but that is the best so far that I have seen.

I just rented from Advantage for April 28 - May 8. When I first booked it was $181.09 for a midsize car (Mazda 6 or similar). I found a coupon applied it and now the total cost is 158.34. Someone on the boards recommended Advantage and this will be the first time renting from them. From what I understand they are a division of Hertz and have 4-5 year old cars with higher mileage. For me the age of the car and the mileage doesn't make a difference. We really don't use the car much when we stay on property but I like to have one available. I checked Budget, Dollar, National, Thrifty, Enterprise and Alamo and they ranged from $380 - 600.

Wanted to pass along a great deal (so far) that i got on the April car rental thread.

Budget -BCD: D454300
Coupon: MUWZ023

Got a compact at the end of May - 5 days for $171 (tax incl)
BTW - intermed and sm SUV (Ford Escape) were $191 (tax incl)

Hope this helps someone!!

Wanted to pass along a great deal (so far) that i got on the April car rental thread.

Budget -BCD: D454300
Coupon: MUWZ023

Got a compact at the end of May - 5 days for $171 (tax incl)
BTW - intermed and sm SUV (Ford Escape) were $191 (tax incl)

Hope this helps someone!!

Thank you for this! I got a Esacape for $202(tax inc) for May 1-8 with that code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter