May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to bed.

Hard to believe we will be at WDW tomorrow.

Downloading Stephen King's "The Green Mile" to listen to from Audible.

Good night guys - I will post if I can, but I may be having too much fun! I talked myself into taking the computer. This is why I wish I had an iPhone!
Have a great time John!

Well now I'm looking for formals. There are some nice ones but I hate to buy anything that I haven't seen. Maybe I start looking at the mall!

Holly - everything will work out. It may just take time but Jan is around the corner and maybe at the 1st appointment the Dr. can give you some suggestions to help until a something is finally decided.

Well now I'm looking for formals. There are some nice ones but I hate to buy anything that I haven't seen. Maybe I start looking at the mall!

Holly - everything will work out. It may just take time but Jan is around the corner and maybe at the 1st appointment the Dr. can give you some suggestions to help until a something is finally decided.
Thanks. I'm going to try to call the school and see if I can meet with the principal to make sure she's read his evaluation report and to talk about what can be done to help Tyler at school in the meantime.

Well I got picked for jury duty today - it should last a few weeks. Luckily I get paid for my jury duty time but I'll still try to work an hour or 2 every morning before it starts and on days we're not in session. Luckily the courthouse is only 3 blocks from where I work. I normally work 9 - 9.5 hours a day and court probably won'te be that long so this way I won't have to use vacation for the difference either.

There are only 2 of us on our project and we're pretty overwhelmed most of time so I figure working an hour or 2 a day I can still keep ahead of anything urgent.

I guess I better go bake some cookies - going to a cookie exchange Saturday. I'm making gingerbread snowflakes - the only snow I'll see in San Diego!!

I just found out today via the kid that his sister plans on leaving next weekend.....that's like 10 days. I have decided that I'm going to make peace with her before she leaves.....I'm going to lie to her. I have no choice....she means too much to John and me to have her leave on a bad note. I've got to tell her that despite all his faults, we really do love Joe. Not true. And that in the end, we just want her to be happy. True. Then we'll hug and everything will be fine. Then she'll leave and it'll be the best thing for all of us. We need to put some distance between us. Sometimes love from afar is a lot easier with some family members.

:cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

I understand completely. If you don't make peace with your stepdaughter, her husband will make it virtually impossible to continue your relationship. How sad for all of you.

Off to bed.

Hard to believe we will be at WDW tomorrow.

Downloading Stephen King's "The Green Mile" to listen to from Audible.

Good night guys - I will post if I can, but I may be having too much fun! I talked myself into taking the computer. This is why I wish I had an iPhone!

have you never seen this? (or read it?)

Still snowing in DC!! It has snowed all day. I think Vanessa thinks she is back in Norway!!

We have about 3 inches....not sure how much more during the night. It is so cold out. I think it is 22 degrees and feels like 14 degrees.

Good night, these cold days make me want to go to bed

Don't know if you remember the winter of '95/'96 in DC. We went from a random snow here or there in Oregon, to just getting dumped on in DC.

Hey, we're on page 2525.....does anyone remember the song......In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if women can survive.....does anyone remember what comes next?

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find........

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine, doing that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
``Guess it's time for the Judgement day''

In the year 8510
God's gonna shake his mighty head
He'll either say ``I'm pleased where man has been''
Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man's gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing...

Now it's been 10,000 years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday...

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! So excited. This will also be DBF first cruise and my second but first Disney (1st was Princess to Alaska, loved Alaska, didn't love Princess!)

I can't believe you girls are already shopping lol! I feel so behind even though it is 5 months away lol.

Robert is also very excited about the game as he is UF alum! He bought 6 tickets so he can take his brother, sister in law, and 2 nephews!

Just finished 14 rolls of Smarties, dozed off in the chair with the computer sitting on my lap. I supposed I'd better head to bed. Goodnight all!

Just finished 14 rolls of Smarties, dozed off in the chair with the computer sitting on my lap. I supposed I'd better head to bed. Goodnight all!

I would think all that sugar would keep you up!!! Night

I still haven't made it to the kitchen.

I'm in shock! Tyler's dad told me today he plans on taking him to the Christmas party at school tonight! :scared1: I'm THRILLED for Tyler because his dad never takes him to school functions. Never. Can't wait to hear all about it when I see him Saturday! Then tomorrow, he gets to go with his dad and stepmom to their company party, and they do a major event. Santa comes and brings presents to all the kids too! He was so excited when I told him today about his dad taking him there tomorrow!
I didn't know companies still need Christmas parties...everything seems to be secular around here in California (at least my experience). I can't imagine going to a business party and Santa being there, but I would really, really love it. It gets me thinking...I wonder if we could at my work? John, any opinions as our DIS HR attorney??

you know I sometimes sit and think what a great place the DIS is...I would have never thought I would be joined with such great friends and people through the internet. I thank you all for reading my ramblings and being a part of my life!

We are going to have a blast on this cruise!
Yes we will!! :banana:

I just found out today via the kid that his sister plans on leaving next weekend.....that's like 10 days. I have decided that I'm going to make peace with her before she leaves.....I'm going to lie to her. I have no choice....she means too much to John and me to have her leave on a bad note. I've got to tell her that despite all his faults, we really do love Joe. Not true. And that in the end, we just want her to be happy. True. Then we'll hug and everything will be fine. Then she'll leave and it'll be the best thing for all of us. We need to put some distance between us. Sometimes love from afar is a lot easier with some family members.

:hug: Whatever you decide, be at peace you are trying to do the right thing. And remember...you really can only control your feelings on this, not hers. She owns how she will handle this. Good luck....

YEA! I like having 3 cruises upcoming.....it makes me very happy!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
And you just got back from one!! I want your life!!! :thumbsup2

Just had to add about the 2009 Tortola cruise....I got a reconfigured Cat 7 - used to be a Cat6 but is now classified as a Cat 7, so less $ but with the clear verandah. WOOHOO!
Congratulations.

Woody

My dress came today....the one I'm going to wear on formal night for this cruise. I bought it two sizes smaller than what I wear now in the hopes that it will fit perfectly in 5 months. It's really pretty. It's a teal color with a black net overlay in a simple sleveless A-line style. I love it. I'm already thinking about hair and jewelry to go with the look.

nice nice. I have a teal dress too. I'm looking for teal for Molly too! Do you have a picture?

group picture here we come :thumbsup2

I didn't know companies still need Christmas parties...everything seems to be secular around here in California (at least my experience). I can't imagine going to a business party and Santa being there, but I would really, really love it. It gets me thinking...I wonder if we could at my work? John, any opinions as our DIS HR attorney??

not from John, but in my experience with many start-ups that are privately held, why the heck not? I guess someone could throw out the religious harassment, but come on. that would seem odd to me. if a party was not required as part of ones employment, how could it be cause for a suit?

I went with the 7 night on the 12th of Sept w/ Tortola. . .

We booked that one.

Cool - we booked September 12th also!

I just booked the 9/12/09 Tortola cruise. I see that several of you have booked it too. I went with the cat. 12. I would love a porthole but the cat. 12 price was to good for me to pass up.

OK....just booked Tortola also....I got SR # 5122....my home!!! Now you all know where to find me!

Wow! It will be terrific all cruising together on the 9/12/09 Eastern to Tortola!

Woody

Hi Monica! I did a drive by post this morning, so didn't see your hi until much later in the day, sorry for replying so late :guilty:

nice nice. I have a teal dress too. I'm looking for teal for Molly too! Do you have a picture?

Not sure if this is going to work, but here goes....

Fashion Glossary

Tulle-Overlay Satin Dress

by JL Studio™

Satin dress with front and back V-neckline, flocked tulle overlay with opalescent sequins and ribbon sash. Hidden back zip, attached tulle petticoat. Fully lined. Imported.

group picture here we come :thumbsup2

YEA.....We'll look smashing!

Hope this works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter