May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, we have 2608 for this cruise!

We were on the other side for the 11 day SC in 2106 and really liked being close to the laundry (for ironing purposes)!

2108 was initially available while booking but by the time I finished booking it was gone. 2608 is just fine, at least we are on the boat.

we were in 2108 this past December....great location I thought.

American Idol auditions are hilarious.... Did you see last week after simon realized the guy took lessons from Randy and Paula's dvd ROFL

I was up that early, and I have to say, it was a really neat experience. So, I dug out my travel diary, and here are my observations from that morning. (It goes on for several pages, but this will give you an idea about that morning).

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Gosh Tony, reading your report it seems like only yesterday that we were headed through the locks. I love all your details. I have a picture of that arrow somewhere and the ship on the right side with all that freight. It was amazing. Can't wait to do it again! (including the deck 9 bbq!)

Hello again! I posted on the 31st after we booked and have been trying to catch up on the thread ever since:surfweb: I've made it to page 153, but always seem to be about 50 pages behind:rotfl2: . So, I'll introduce myself properly. We are
DH Bob, 47 at sailing
(me) DW Anna, 44 at sailing
DD Emily (8th grade & age 14 at sailing)
DD Sarah (7th grade & 12.5 at sailing)
DD Rebecca (almost 5 at sailing)
Category 6 & 11
Early Dining
Watched the ship go through the canal in 2005 and vowed I would be on it next time!
Celebrating Emily's birthday a few weeks late (4/26) and Rebecca's birthday a few weeks early (6/18).

Our first DCL cruise was the Mexican Riviera in 2005. DH and I are going on the Wonder next month (anniversary trip:love: ). We were scheduled to be on the Magic EB repo this May but had to cancel due to DH's work schedule:sad1: . In fact, we won't really know for sure that we are going to be on this cruise until probably Jan 2008. It is really going ro depend on stellar grades for the kids and DH's work schedule, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will all work out! :banana:

Anyway, we are really excited about potentially taking this cruise and you all seem like a really nice group! :banana:

Now back to reading this thread ...:surfweb:

Hey, we have 2608 for this cruise!

We were on the other side for the 11 day SC in 2106 and really liked being close to the laundry (for ironing purposes)!

2108 was initially available while booking but by the time I finished booking it was gone. 2608 is just fine, at least we are on the boat.

You'll love it. We thought it was great. What's interesting is our friends had 2610 and 2612 and those two cabins do not have niches in the walls, therefore they don't have steamer trunks which was a big bummer to them. I got worried about 2112 thinking it would be the same as 2612 but someone said they had that cabin and it did have a steamer trunk. That would be a real bummer on a 15 day cruise!

Gosh Tony, reading your report it seems like only yesterday that we were headed through the locks. I love all your details. I have a picture of that arrow somewhere and the ship on the right side with all that freight. It was amazing. Can't wait to do it again! (including the deck 9 bbq!)

It's funny. I haven't read that since I wrote it back on the ship. (Adrienne is a late sleeper, while I am an early bird. So, while she slept in, I would go out to the balcony and type up my thoughts on the previous day.)

Here is the arrow:

pcarrow.jpg

Hi CACruising! Welcome back again! We did Mexico in 2005 also...July 31st. When did you go?

Another Californian here. Grew up in Northern CA. Most of the family is still there. DH and I moved to Southern CA after we married.

I was up that early, and I have to say, it was a really neat experience. So, I dug out my travel diary, and here are my observations from that morning. (It goes on for several pages, but this will give you an idea about that morning).

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks Tony, very interesting observations!

I would love to read the rest, could you please pass me a link or pm it?

Anyone up to a 4:30 am meet at the front of deck 10 on Crossing day?

I'm very familiar with Fallbrook! Just spent all last weekend at Fallbrook HS at a swim meet. It was so nice and warm! Sure beat last month's swim meet in Escondido. For that meet it was 27 degrees! The kids were skating on the ice on the pool deck! :cold:

I would love a scrapbook class! I'm not very good and can use all the help I can get. I started my DCL 2005 cruise scrapbook lsat October. It still is spread out in the guest room. Really need to finish that up ... :rolleyes1

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Do you have a link. I love it.

AuntyBrat - sent you a PM with roll call info.
Seaulater - sent you a PM for scrapbook interest.

Have I forgotten anything?

Going back to page 160 now ... :surfweb:

Hi All...another busy day for all of you! I am pleased to say that my brother has decided to join us on this cruise! It took him some time, but he wants to spend taylors birthday with her! What a good uncle! So...for all you single gals..he's cute (i'm predjudice) ;) and just turned 30! Now, if he reads this I'm in big trouble:laughing:. I gave him the link for this thread..he was very confused! Didn't understand the initials etc., but you guys sold him! He said it looked like a fun group! Thanks for being so chatty!
Cya
Steph

Kim, Virgina and I are trying to organize several private Palo Brunchs and Dinners.

I have sent my list in already for the first 14 for Brunch on the first sea day. As for the next 14, I am still missing information from liserann and ginamarie. If you guys are still interested, please pm me.

You can sign up for one Brunch and one Dinner each. We have already contacted DCL to reserve the room for each sea day and will fill them with just names at this point. Other than the first sea day brunch, we can work out the logistics of what day everyone wants closer to the sail date.

The way it works is we must send a fax to DCL with the first and last names of the guests and their stateroom numbers. DCL wants to be sure we are reserving for guests that are "booked". Each family will receive they own bill and can tip accordingly.

Anyone else who has not pm'd me before, or wants to add a dinner, please send me a pm with your details.

Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter