May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could hold a DIS meet with the DOD at the laundry room, do you think we could reserve in advance being that we are the nicest group of people on our cruise? :cool1:

LOVE THIS IDEA....and if we have too many DODs and are using the laundry room on deck 2 we can all stagger to our cabin 2112, sure DH and the kids wouldn't mind :laughing:

LOVE THIS IDEA....and if we have too many DODs and are using the laundry room on deck 2 we can all stagger to our cabin 2112, sure DH and the kids wouldn't mind :laughing:

We had 2114 in November and wanted it, again. But, we're in 2144...still hoping for a little "musical staterooms" and we're able to move.

Carolyn

It is so cold here today (and I know a lot of the county is freezing). It is 16 degrees right now and heading to 4 degrees before Wind Chill. We are supposed to get 4 inches of snow. I needed to see this picture of Castaway Cay in August. I thought you might enjoy it as well.

100_1194.jpg

Thanks Tony! Linda said that you would know best for sure.

I am still debating on whether to do a couple of days at Disneyland or not. If we stayed at a Disney Hotel, would you still recomend LAX?

TIA

Thinking about it, yes. They are almost the same distance apart at that point, but it is easier to get to LAX from Disneyland via other transportation methods (Van or Bus). Unless you were already heading to the Inland Empire, I would stick with LAX.

Got my printer on the list to pack! Are we going to be able to get a MouseAdventure on the High Seas III (or IV) out of you and Adrienne?

We're already talking about it. Our friends, Andrew & Jen are joining us, and they are part of the team that helps put the real MouseAdventures on, so we should have a lot of new ideas this time around.

Yes both my DD's loved it! Does yours speak English or Spanish.

Mine speaks Spanish, but has been learning English at school since last year, but so far she can understand if you ask her name, age, colors, numbers, a few animals, geometric figures, family members, knows how to say please and thank you, and kmows how to ask for permission to go potty.

I think that in a year and a half she will understand a lot more.

On the past cruise there was a CM from Argentina at the entrance, so we left dd in the OC, because said CM told us she would be there, and if dd needed anything she should just look for her, but they took the 3-4 group to the room behind the ship slide, and she needed something and couldn´t find the CM from Argentina in the room, and the CM in charge of the little ones wouldn´t let her out of the room so she could look for the Spanish speaking CM. I don´t think dd was crying or anything, I guess that if she had been, someone would have tried to understand her or page us, but the moment when I went to check on her and she saw me, she burst out crying and did not want to be left alone at OC again, so from then on, I would take her for some of the activities.

I am hoping that next cruise she will be lucky enough to have a spanish speaking CM in her group, or at least be better prepared herself to understand English.

We're already talking about it. Our friends, Andrew & Jen are joining us, and they are part of the team that helps put the real MouseAdventures on, so we should have a lot of new ideas this time around.

Yeah! Another MouseAdventure! I love that game.

I'll bite...what are "real MouseAdventures"????

Inquiring, obviously ignorant, minds want to know....

Carolyn

Mine speaks Spanish, but has been learning English at school since last year, but so far she can understand if you ask her name, age, colors, numbers, a few animals, geometric figures, family members, knows how to say please and thank you, and kmows how to ask for permission to go potty.

I think that in a year and a half she will understand a lot more.

On the past cruise there was a CM from Argentina at the entrance, so we left dd in the OC, because said CM told us she would be there, and if dd needed anything she should just look for her, but they took the 3-4 group to the room behind the ship slide, and she needed something and couldn´t find the CM from Argentina in the room, and the CM in charge of the little ones wouldn´t let her out of the room so she could look for the Spanish speaking CM. I don´t think dd was crying or anything, I guess that if she had been, someone would have tried to understand her or page us, but the moment when I went to check on her and she saw me, she burst out crying and did not want to be left alone at OC again, so from then on, I would take her for some of the activities.

I am hoping that next cruise she will be lucky enough to have a spanish speaking CM in her group, or at least be better prepared herself to understand English.

I hope that works out for you. I was so lucky to have so much alone time. We had been to WDW for 5 days before the cruise so I did not feel guilty about how much time my DD's spent in there. My youngest spent most of her time at Castaway in the club which I did not want but she did and it was her vacation too. They both just did not want to leave. My oldest had check-out privileges as long as I knew where she was going and only in groups which worked out well. Hopefully you will get better cooperation with the Cm's this time.

Thanks. That helps with budgeting. I don't think we'll be spending much on excursions, but I want to do more in the spa. Our bar bill somehow gets higher than planned. Wine with dinner adds up. Maybe we'll ship some wine to our cabin and take glasses with us to dinner. Is that just too tacky? We don't drink much otherwise, but we are both martini fans. Martini's are usually so strong, though that if I have two, I'll probably need one of our designated walkers. :rotfl:

Taking a glass of wine to dinner may be considered tacky by some, but we have done it, without worrying about what others think! :thumbsup2

Taking a glass of wine to dinner may be considered tacky by some, but we have done it, without worrying about what others think! :thumbsup2

If I drank I would be taking mine to dinner. They may call you tacky but you are richer.:rotfl: I don't see how anyone would know because all the glasses are the same.:confused3

I hope that works out for you. I was so lucky to have so much alone time. We had been to WDW for 5 days before the cruise so I did not feel guilty about how much time my DD's spent in there. My youngest spent most of her time at Castaway in the club which I did not want but she did and it was her vacation too. They both just did not want to leave. My oldest had check-out privileges as long as I knew where she was going and only in groups which worked out well. Hopefully you will get better cooperation with the Cm's this time.

I too am hoping for her to be happier in the clubs, sine we want to try Palo this time and the Bridge and Galley tours, DISmeets, and a few other things, and I don´t think dh will be a happy cruiser if I go my own way a lot. The only day that he has agreed to leave me alone, is on the day we go through the Canal, I am planning on being up early enough to catch the Panama Canal captain boarding our ship.

We could hold a DIS meet with the DOD at the laundry room, do you think we could reserve in advance being that we are the nicest group of people on our cruise? :cool1:

I'm sure you've been patted on the back for this genius idea before (but I have had to work today....so haven't finished reading yet....) but I have to tell you GENIUS!!!!! and I'm in.

Drinks to Braty, I'm in on that too.

More later...still reading...

On the ship, they will do whatever you ask. Tony (Aphoenix) gave me a great idea on our last cruise together. He brings his dress shirts and doesn't launder them beforehand, and then the first day on the ship he sends them out for cleaning and pressing and then they are good to go. He said the price is reasonable. That way you don't have to worry about wrinkled shirts and spending time in the laundry room on the ship! There is a bag and laundry slip in the closet and you just fill it out and give to room steward and next thing you know they are hanging in your closet.

Yeah - I saved all shirts, and all my dry cleaning (Tuxedo, Jackets, slacks, etc) for on board. Prices are about what I would pay my cleaner at home.

One thing to be warned about on laundry. It is a true Chinese Laundry - they don't understand anything but HOT water. So, if it is important and can shrink, wash it yourself or have it dry cleaned.

I too am hoping for her to be happier in the clubs, sine we want to try Palo this time and the Bridge and Galley tours, DISmeets, and a few other things, and I don´t think dh will be a happy cruiser if I go my own way a lot. The only day that he has agreed to leave me alone, is on the day we go through the Canal, I am planning on being up early enough to catch the Panama Canal captain boarding our ship.

that would be about 4 or 5 a.m.!!!!!!! The front of the ship was full of people on deck by 5 a.m. People slept out in chairs to get a spot. It was worse than saving the pool chairs. Of course, some lucky people had their own chair brigade the night before and chairs did not seem to be a problem.

PanamaCanal2117.jpg

Would that be Tony's wife Adrienne in that picture on the right side????:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter