May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent my things out on the first day last time and they came back looking great. I've decided this is the only way to go. Better than waiting in line for an iron.

a 4 pack of sparkling cider for the girls since that stuff is VERY expensive on the ship (makes the wine look cheap!!)

We had done a family reunion cruise over thanksgiving a couple of years ago on the Wonder. On Thanksgiving night, DW and I ordered 6 bottles of sparkling apple cider for the tables. $150 later - I could have screamed! There actually were wines that were cheaper!:confused:

I too am hoping for her to be happier in the clubs, sine we want to try Palo this time and the Bridge and Galley tours, DISmeets, and a few other things,

I hope she will be, too! Keep working on those language skills, I guess. My kids didn't want to spend any time in the clubs. DD5 was interested in some of the activities, but the ones we went to were SO crowded. I kid you not, I stopped counting at 60 kids for one and 80 (!!) for the other one. DS liked Ocean Quest and things in the older kids schedule. So, we'll see. We had a fun time, but it would have been nice to carve an hour every day out for grown up time! We're hoping they feel more comfortable after "meeting" the other kids on the little thieves site.

Carolyn

I sent my things out on the first day last time and they came back looking great. I've decided this is the only way to go. Better than waiting in line for an iron.

I'm going to go that route also. Then I don't have to spend time ironing! (or waiting in line before dinner to iron)

that would be about 4 or 5 a.m.!!!!!!! The front of the ship was full of people on deck by 5 a.m. People slept out in chairs to get a spot. It was worse than saving the pool chairs. Of course, some lucky people had their own chair brigade the night before and chairs did not seem to be a problem.

Seriously?? So, if you go out to experience the canal during the rest of the day, are there any spots available for rail viewing? Or, are those spots saved for the whole day? Or, were you just concerned about enough space for your group together??

(One of our personal disappointments was talking the kids into napping the afternoon of the Pirate Party and wandering up to the party when it was scheduled to start and finding NO room to enjoy the show!)

Carolyn

I'll bite...what are "real MouseAdventures"????

Inquiring, obviously ignorant, minds want to know....

Carolyn

It is a game hosted by another website. So as not to offend the staff here, I won't link to it. But, if you search Google for MouseAdventure, you'll all you ever wanted to know at the first link.

Here is a Dis report from some people who played: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1272697

that would be about 4 or 5 a.m.!!!!!!! The front of the ship was full of people on deck by 5 a.m. People slept out in chairs to get a spot. It was worse than saving the pool chairs. Of course, some lucky people had their own chair brigade the night before and chairs did not seem to be a problem.

PanamaCanal2117.jpg

Would that be Tony's wife Adrienne in that picture on the right side????:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hmmm... could be! And a certain Canadian several of us here know and love.... :lmao:

We had 2114 in November and wanted it, again. But, we're in 2144...still hoping for a little "musical staterooms" and we're able to move.

Carolyn-Wouldn't that be too funny...neighboring cities back home and neighboring cabins on the ship. So how is that side of the ship? We had 2608 (same general location but starboard) and loved it. Wasn't sure how 2112 would be with the promenade lounge above and all.

So, can you believe this weather? It's February. I feel sorry for the east coasters, many with single digits temperatures!!!

I too am hoping for her to be happier in the clubs, sine we want to try Palo this time and the Bridge and Galley tours, DISmeets, and a few other things, and I don´t think dh will be a happy cruiser if I go my own way a lot. The only day that he has agreed to leave me alone, is on the day we go through the Canal, I am planning on being up early enough to catch the Panama Canal captain boarding our ship.

For the westbound, there were 4 PC pilots on board total, not just one.

It is so cold here today (and I know a lot of the county is freezing). It is 16 degrees right now and heading to 4 degrees before Wind Chill. We are supposed to get 4 inches of snow. I needed to see this picture of Castaway Cay in August. I thought you might enjoy it as well.

100_1194.jpg

Is it May 2008 yet?

Seriously?? So, if you go out to experience the canal during the rest of the day, are there any spots available for rail viewing? Or, are those spots saved for the whole day? Or, were you just concerned about enough space for your group together??

(One of our personal disappointments was talking the kids into napping the afternoon of the Pirate Party and wandering up to the party when it was scheduled to start and finding NO room to enjoy the show!)

Carolyn

For the Gatun locks (the first set westbound), it was packed completely. By the time we reached Mira Flores, there was plenty of room.

Um, our DD is 38 and still enjoys Disney with us. She and her DH are going to WDW and on cruise with us this Dec. Teach 'em young and the magic will live on!

DH and I are going with our oldest daughter and her hubby in March to WDW. We promised a cruise to our youngest, when she graduates from college.

Frozen pipes: The rest of the story......

Well, for inquiring minds, $367 later, my pipes are all unfrozen! Only took about 5 minutes. Cool machine that hooks up to pipes like jumper cables, sends an electrical charge from one end of the pipe to the other which thaws it almost instantly. I have to focus on how cool that is, rather than what it cost! At least that's cheaper than what it would have cost if the pipe had burst.

Over and done with, I don't want to remember the price. Now I will leave my water trickling overnight and when I leave for work while it's that cold. Lesson learned. :scared1:

So now I actually have to head to work, where I'm sure I won't be checking in here, since my work will be sitting there waiting for me to get there. :eek: Try not to give me 30 pages to catch up on tonight after DS is in bed! :rotfl2:

$367!!! How many DOD's is that?

When I first saw DOD used, Department of Defense came to mind. :rotfl: DH was a Helo pilot in the Marines for 20 years.

Carolyn-Wouldn't that be too funny...neighboring cities back home and neighboring cabins on the ship. So how is that side of the ship? We had 2608 (same general location but starboard) and loved it. Wasn't sure how 2112 would be with the promenade lounge above and all.

So, can you believe this weather? It's February. I feel sorry for the east coasters, many with single digits temperatures!!!

Never heard lounge noise. We did hear some freaky engine noise a couple times, but not at night, so it wasn't a problem. DH was in the Navy for quite a while and he wasn't concerned, so I played along. LOVED the location! We're really hoping to get in that area on either side. (Our families will be easy marks for DIStag!)

This is really unusual February weather. Not complaining, but I'd like to see some RAIN!

Carolyn

For the Gatun locks (the first set westbound), it was packed completely. By the time we reached Mira Flores, there was plenty of room.

Cool, thank you! I don't think I'd need to get up that early...DH might, though.

Carolyn

Don´t you find it hard to be steady on your feet again on land after the cruise?

DH and I took 3 or 4 days to get back our land legs after a 4 night cruise, this is the only thing that might dissuade us from doing DL after the cruise (oh, and our jobs too, my dad will kill me if I take more days off).

I had that problem and we were only on a 4 day as well. I took Bonine for a few days after the cruise.

The Teacups make me ill without the cruise motion after affects. :rotfl: I don't think we will be going to DL after either.

After the 2005 PC cruise, we stayed a couple of nights at the Howard Johnson's across the street from DL. It was surprisingly nice! We used SuperShuttle to get from the port to the hotel. Even though we stopped to drop off several people at private residences along the way, we were still at our hotel before 10:30am! Not sure what we'll do for transportation this time around--we are planning on three nights at the Grand Californian before flying home.

A funny word of warning...after spending 14 nights on the Magic being completely pampered by the incredible cast members, the first day off the ship was a shocking jolt back into reality. When I went to lunch, they expected me to PAY for my sandwhich before I ate it and then I had to throw away my own trash! The worst part was arriving back at the hotel at midnight after spending most of the day at DL. Upon entering the room I was crushed to find that no one had turned down the bed, left chocolates on the pillow, or replaced my wine glasses!!

Liz

Reality, what a kick in the pants. :sad2: It's just not fair. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter